Big Pharma must be getting scared Topic

So completely full of SH*T!!

Republicans are actually AFRAID of knowledge. Hence their objection to being "woke".............LOOK IT UP!
Woke is nothing but being aware...............or actually KNOWING things. Ergo, awareness of truth.

The right wing hates TRUTH because it reveals how insane their views are!

I'm not afraid of being woke!! I strive to get more woke!!
I want to be the most aware, I want to know everything I can before I bite it!
That's really the only thing that separates me from my brother the bear.
The need of my brain for knowledge. NO ONE, will keep me from my pursuit of truth, including any possible eternal truths.
AnyONE trying to prevent you from knowledge is definitely your enemy and is corrupt and evil.
Especially IF they are using the auspices of some government of some religious dogma or belief.
The ONLY REAL CREATOR does NOT want you to stay stupid!!
2/18/2023 8:43 AM
HI Laramiebob! How are you today? Hope you're doing well. You certainly do seem to be awake.

I took your advice and looked it up. Here's what I found.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Woke (/'wo?k/ WOHK) is an adjective derived from African-American Vernacular English (AAVE) meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination".[1][2] Beginning in the 2010s, it came to encompass a broader awareness of social inequalities such as sexism, and has also been used as shorthand for American Left ideas involving identity politics and social justice, such as the notion of white privilege and slavery reparations for African Americans.

The phrase stay woke had emerged in AAVE by the 1930s, in some contexts referring to an awareness of the social and political issues affecting African Americans. The phrase was uttered in a recording by Lead Belly and later by Erykah Badu. Following the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri in 2014, the phrase was popularised by Black Lives Matter (BLM) activists seeking to raise awareness about police shootings of African Americans. After seeing use on Black Twitter, the term woke became an Internet meme and was increasingly used by white people, often to signal their support for BLM, which some commentators have criticised as cultural appropriation. Mainly associated with the millennial generation, the term spread internationally and was added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 2017.

2/18/2023 11:36 AM
Well. I sure ain't a millennial and I know what it means and I still don't see a problem with being "woke" (aware to the situation that blacks walk in within our country). But, what I don't understand is WHY YOU are afraid of being "woke" whatever YOUR definition! Should I have a tampon delivered to you?

I also know what gay means. Before and after.
Keep up!

Or stay afraid of shadows and stay a snowflake like the rest of the right wing MAGA (afraid of the "others") crowd.
A bunch of folks who hate America!
2/18/2023 12:23 PM

Should I have a tampon delivered to you?

You mean like Tiger Woods tried to do ? That was hilarious ! Or maybe not. Probly depends on the flakiness of one's snow . . .
2/18/2023 2:20 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 2/18/2023 8:43:00 AM (view original):

Republicans are actually AFRAID of knowledge. Hence their objection to being "woke".............LOOK IT UP!
Woke is nothing but being aware...............or actually KNOWING things. Ergo, awareness of truth.

The need of my brain for knowledge. NO ONE, will keep me from my pursuit of truth, including any possible eternal truths.
AnyONE trying to prevent you from knowledge is definitely your enemy and is corrupt and evil.
Especially IF they are using the auspices of some government of some religious dogma or belief.
Bob, we definitely fail to agree on this. Being “woke” is in no way an awareness of truth. Being woke is nothing more than falling in line with a leftist ideology devoid of logic and reason. Simple proof of this is the trans issue. The woke “truth” on this issue is that men can be women and vice-versa. No rational person truly believes this. It defies basic biology. Now, I don’t care how people want to act or dress. That’s their business, not mine. But the TRUTH is that men are men and women are women no matter how you slice it (pun intended).

There are a lot of issues on both sides of the political spectrum that ignore facts and issues. People use science when it suits them and avoid it when it doesn’t. This does not make someone “corrupt or evil” unless you want to make the argument that we are all a little corrupt and evil, which is possible.

2/18/2023 2:40 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 2/18/2023 12:23:00 PM (view original):
Well. I sure ain't a millennial and I know what it means and I still don't see a problem with being "woke" (aware to the situation that blacks walk in within our country). But, what I don't understand is WHY YOU are afraid of being "woke" whatever YOUR definition! Should I have a tampon delivered to you?

I also know what gay means. Before and after.
Keep up!

Or stay afraid of shadows and stay a snowflake like the rest of the right wing MAGA (afraid of the "others") crowd.
A bunch of folks who hate America!
They deliver tampons now?
2/18/2023 2:46 PM

2/18/2023 3:21 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/18/2023 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 2/18/2023 8:43:00 AM (view original):

Bob, we definitely fail to agree on this. Being “woke” is in no way an awareness of truth. Being woke is nothing more than falling in line with a leftist ideology devoid of logic and reason. Simple proof of this is the trans issue. The woke “truth” on this issue is that men can be women and vice-versa. No rational person truly believes this. It defies basic biology. Now, I don’t care how people want to act or dress. That’s their business, not mine. But the TRUTH is that men are men and women are women no matter how you slice it (pun intended).

There are a lot of issues on both sides of the political spectrum that ignore facts and issues. People use science when it suits them and avoid it when it doesn’t. This does not make someone “corrupt or evil” unless you want to make the argument that we are all a little corrupt and evil, which is possible.

Coach. You are interacting with the MOST anti-"falling in line" individual I know! (me).

But you are so, so wrong. Unless you think a human being is limited by their physique, their physical being.
I'm pretty sure you don't actually believe that!

MOST folks believe humans have a spiritual component. A soul, or a human spirit, that separates us from all the other animals. Don't you?

Humans are NOT defined by their carcass but are rather a complex emotional, spiritual being.
We are what we are inside as well as outside.

Native Americans have KNOWN for eons that some of their peoples were not MALE or FEMALE.
But someplace in between. They didn't hate or discriminate against the "others". They just accepted them as a differently created member of their tribe and allowed the "others" to live in peace and harmony as full fledged members of their community. Many times they held special places of import to the people. They were given special names and sacred duties. Nearly every tribe held them in respect as humans created by the Creator and they held positions of respect within their nations! Often they were called "two spirits" meaning a person born with a male body and a female spirit or vice versa!

I've been told (or read somewhere) that there is apparently 7 sexual human identities and not a single one of them is defined entirely by the physical parts!!
Now I'd bet you don't think your God makes mistakes. I'd bet you are right.

Could it be that YOUR understanding of humanity and sexual identity is less than your Creator's?
I suspect so.

The Creator doesn't condemn OR hate folks for who they be!
She loves all of us.

The following is a tad bit of history on the subject:

"It’s important to note, however, that as idyllic and accepting as this sounds, Two Spirit people were not accepted across the board. There is some historical evidence that suggests certain native American societies treated Two Spirit people with disrespect, and discouraged their children from taking on that role in life, but more often, Two Spirited people were well respected in their societies until the point of contact.

After Europeans arrived on the scene, it’s a well-known fact that what followed was nothing short of genocide, and unfortunately Two Spirit people were some of the first to experience that tragedy. Spanish missionaries threw Two Spirits into pits of vicious, starving dogs, where they were literally torn apart. George Catlin, a prominent white artist who became famous for his painted portraits of Native American people, said in the early 19th century that the concept of Two Spirits “must be extinguished before it can be more fully recorded.”

As their cultures and very ways of life fell victim to colonization, Two Spirits were forced – by missionaries, governments, and even their own communities – to conform to binary gender roles. Two Spirit males were forced to cut their hair, Two Spirit females were forced to wear dresses, and Native children were sent to government schools where they could not even learn about their own culture. Indigenous communities were forced to publicly renounce Two Spirits for fear of being slaughtered. Many Two Spirit people went into hiding, and others committed suicide."

2/19/2023 8:17 AM
As my little History tidbit displays................anyone see any resemblance to what is going on NOW with our culture? OUR peoples who don't conform to this limited 2 gender only viewpoint??

The VALUE of history is to demonstrate to those who come later the mistakes and ignorance's of the past.
Too bad so many can't seem to learn no matter our previous History.

We remain a people of ignorance in the Greatest Country ever conceived.
OUR stupidity and our fear and hatred will certainly be our downfall.
We just can't seem to love..........to live and let live..........to respect the beliefs and lifestyle of OTHER peoples!
2/19/2023 8:29 AM
Sounds like your argument is that because native Americans believed that there were more than two genders, then it must be true. Kind of a hollow argument.

We don’t accept the pretending with anything else, whether it be a “transracial person” (see Rachel Dolezal and many others), a “trans-species” person or any other “trans” person. Why do we do this with “transgender”?

You hear activists make the comment “you’re denying their existence if you don’t say that a man is a woman.” As with most activists, their argument isn’t very well thought out. It’s based purely on emotion. The person definitely exists and should be treated with the level of respect in which they’re deserving, but pretending that a person is something that they are not is respecting them.
2/19/2023 9:45 AM
I don't believe I have the ability or the RIGHT to decide what another being is. I try and accept people for what they inform me that they ARE. But I do fail sometimes. More then than now.

I learned. I became less ignorant. And more aware.
Some would say my empathy was raised. I became aware of another(s) existence.
Apparently the millennials and some blacks say I awoke.

I just say I read more history between then and now and stopped being so ignorant.
2/19/2023 10:35 AM
I’m just not sure promoting an illness as something positive is good for society in any way. “Empathy” is not always a good thing. We have done the same thing with obesity and the “body-positivity” movement. Being fat led to a lot of unnecessary deaths from COVID. Doctors are shamed or even at times punished if they tell patients to lose weight. “Acceptance” isn’t always the best recipe at an individual or societal level.

The paradox with the transgender issue is quite ironic. We heard for a few decades that we should accept people the way that they are. Now we are actively encouraging people to change who they are by chopping off body parts and creating fake, new ones.

We should always treat people with love and with a level of respect, but acceptance and love are not intertwined or interchangeable.

I do agree that it’s not our place to judge people, but I also think we have the right to live in reality. Currently, society tries to compel people to play make-believe while using euphemisms like “tolerance” and “acceptance.
2/19/2023 3:34 PM
an illness?? So, someone who identifies as something other than what you see them as is ill?? I think I expected more from you, strikeout.
2/19/2023 4:52 PM
Gender dysphoria is a medical illness. That’s not me. Thats a medical diagnosis. We have chose to treat by giving adolescents hormones and then lopping off body parts when they’re of age. It’s not good for the individual or society.
2/19/2023 5:08 PM
is homosexuality an illness as well? If some guy wants to be a woman(or vice versa) why should I care? It isn't hurting me or anyone else. Even if you do believe it is an illness, there are so many more devastating illnesses we could be trying to fix instead.
2/19/2023 10:59 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Big Pharma must be getting scared Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.