Big Pharma must be getting scared Topic

It’s not a matter of what I believe as far as whether or not it’s an illness, it is a legitimate medical diagnosis that has pretty severe symptoms. I am on board with you that it is their choice (assuming it’s a consenting adult). I’m also not trying to fix anything. That wasn’t the point of my text. Bob’s argument was that being “woke” meant that you had a greater awareness of the truth. I was simply using the trans argument to counter him. There are also many other examples where being “woke” ignores the truth. I picked low-hanging fruit. Just because Mike feels like a woman, this does not make Mike a woman. Mike may be an effeminate man, but he’s still a man. Mike can even dress like Sally and call himself Sally. He has that right, but he’s still a man.

As far as why I should care, it’s because trans-activists force me to care. I would prefer not to care. I want to live my life and let them live their lives, but I value honesty as one of the highest virtues. I absolutely refuse to tell a lie under any circumstance. Calling a man a woman is a lie. If I call Mike a he, when he wants to be called a she or they or zer or clownself (yes, this one is real in the “preferred pronoun” world) then I am lying and violating my own set of principles and values.

2/19/2023 11:33 PM

because trans-activists force me to care. Calling a man a woman is a lie

Ok I'l say it : it's called Revisionist Gay Theology and they've been grooming society and invading the Judeo-Christian church, boldly not so much as seeking tolerance but a right. We have a church group that lovingly yet firmly celebrates the struggle of the lifestyle and God's clear command. Amongst the revisionist's ploys are "Did God reaalllyyy say ?" The devil disguised as a snake tried the same stunt in the garden of eden with Adam and Eve.

Buyer beware. It's your eternity. Good luck with it.
2/20/2023 12:31 AM
The Christian based world believes that God loves homosexuals just fine but that She condemns the engagement in sexual activity (even loving committed sex) by those folks IF it is NOT male on female (or vice versa). Feel very free to correct me IF I am incorrect on that Biblical declaration.

So (ergo), according to that pronouncement God "loves" the homosexual but forbids their engaging in the very natural human act of sexual engagement with another human. Does that make any sense to you? Doesn't your God NEED to pass a basic logic question? Why would ANY God create (and LOVE) a human being and then forbid that Human being to engage in sexual activity with someone they love?? That's quite illogical.

Of course, many believe that same God ordered his servants (Priests, Nuns, etc) to remain celibate. We can all see how well that has worked out.
Ask any Catholic (or Baptist for that matter!).

Have a great week all!
2/20/2023 8:24 AM
Luv the sinner hate the sin. I'll give a couple examples of whataboutism we have to deal with and then I'm not taking the bait and we're not going down the rabbit trail. The Old Testament also says not to wear multi-fabric garments and don't trim your beard. Cherry-picking at its best without 5 seconds of research into ceremonial v. legal declarations. I've already said we embrace (as the only true God would as well; isn't HE wonderful ?!) those conflicted seeking truth and restoration. I'm not here to bash gays any more than carjackers or kidnappers or abortion physicians or lust in your heart outside of marriage or anyone else's whether by thought, plot or deed impurities. Every day I too without repentance and forgiveness by the only One able to grant it grieve God and HIS Holy Spirit which otherwise would put me in an eternal bad way. While your laughing remember I've posted many times that I too once laughed long and hard about all this until blessed with discovering the Truth which is available to all. Scoff and believe what you want, and once again, good luck with that. I don't come in everyday like someone else wasting time and energy on a deaf audience, but just this once I hope someone is listening.
2/20/2023 9:46 AM
Nice.
May you walk in Beauty.
With the blessings of your Creator, the ONE who knows all and is the REAL Truth.
If ONLY we could actually arrange our minds to walk as She would wish.

And quoting great musician and singer/songwriter Scott Miller:

"And may your heart be so pure its one that God wants to know."
2/20/2023 11:05 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
who wrote the Bible? Men, wasn't it? Coincidence that God is referred to as He in the Bible? I think not. If god does exist, who cares what gender he/she is? Does God even have a gender?
Your last post is just proving what I have said before. You are unable to accept that what you believe may not be true. I have never said that you are wrong regarding your beliefs. I have never said that my beliefs are right. I don't know. I accept that you may be right. I accept that I may be wrong. Why can't you do the same?
2/20/2023 3:20 PM
Matthew 22: 23-33

23 The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him,

24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.

25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother:

26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh.

27 And last of all the woman died also.

28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

33 And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.

2/20/2023 3:46 PM

I don't know. I accept that you may be right. I accept that I may be wrong. Why can't you do the same??

We get asked this a lot; sometimes honestly, sometimes contemptuously. I used to be that hater, until I wasn't, so I accept that there's questions and skepticism. To us it's like suggesting the earth is flat is an option. An often used explanation which probly does equal harm in its appearance of arrogance from unbelievers is we know that we know that we know. It's even made its way into contemporary Christian lyrics a few times. Here's one by the Newsboys :

" It's just a spirit thing,
It's just a holy nudge,
It's like a circuit charge in the brain.
It's just a spirit thing,
It's here to guard my heart,
It's just a little hard to explain. "

It's just a little hard to explain.

2/20/2023 4:10 PM
BUT if you can engage without the "I'm right and you're wrong" preface it can be fruitful and a blessing to everyone involved...
2/20/2023 6:50 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/20/2023 3:20:00 PM (view original):
who wrote the Bible? Men, wasn't it? Coincidence that God is referred to as He in the Bible? I think not. If god does exist, who cares what gender he/she is? Does God even have a gender?
Your last post is just proving what I have said before. You are unable to accept that what you believe may not be true. I have never said that you are wrong regarding your beliefs. I have never said that my beliefs are right. I don't know. I accept that you may be right. I accept that I may be wrong. Why can't you do the same?
I would say God is genderless in our understanding of human gender, but a LOT of the understanding of our relationship to the Father and Christ come through the oft used analogy of the bride and bridegroom which necessarily requires an understanding of classic gender roles.
2/20/2023 6:53 PM
Posted by Mwett on 2/20/2023 4:10:00 PM (view original):

I don't know. I accept that you may be right. I accept that I may be wrong. Why can't you do the same??

We get asked this a lot; sometimes honestly, sometimes contemptuously. I used to be that hater, until I wasn't, so I accept that there's questions and skepticism. To us it's like suggesting the earth is flat is an option. An often used explanation which probly does equal harm in its appearance of arrogance from unbelievers is we know that we know that we know. It's even made its way into contemporary Christian lyrics a few times. Here's one by the Newsboys :

" It's just a spirit thing,
It's just a holy nudge,
It's like a circuit charge in the brain.
It's just a spirit thing,
It's here to guard my heart,
It's just a little hard to explain. "

It's just a little hard to explain.

I hope you know I am not asking contemptuously, Mwett. I don't think it is anything like suggesting the earth is flat. There is indisputable evidence that the earth is not flat. There is not indisputable evidence that God exists or not. Your "know that you know that you know" does not mean much to anyone who has questions. I understand you have faith in God and Jesus Christ. I can even understand somewhat why you have faith. It seems like folks like lnf can not understand why some people do not have that same faith. To him, its not that we have questions, it is that we are in league with the devil as far as he is concerned.
2/20/2023 9:21 PM
Concerning gender: Romans 8:16 declares "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God"

The two spirits are the Holy Spirit (capital letters) and the human spirit. Please note Spirit is a neuter gender word, so therefore "itself" is neuter grammatically.

In this verse, the Greek word for "beareth witness" is summarturei. The root, marturei is the English word martyr. One who bears witness (testifies) by conviction, even in persecution or to death. The Greek prefix "sum" means to bear witness together. "In the mouth of two or three witnesses a truth is established" is a cornerstone of modern Western law.

Therefore, the HOLY SPIRIT, which dwells within the believer, not only bears witness to our human spirit, but also convicts us of sin. (Romans 2:15) That is one way of knowing your salvation. The Spirit also comforts us for we "pray in the Spirit". ROMANS 8:26 says LIKEWISE THE SPIRIT ALSO HELPETH OUR INFIRMITIES: FOR WE KNOW NOT WHAT WE SHOULD PRAY FOR AS WE OUIGHT: BUT THE SPIRIT ITSELF MAKETH INTERCESSION FOR US WITH GROANINGS WHICH CANNOT BE UTTERED.

The Holy Spirit itself is our witness giving each believer the blessed assurance of salvation.
2/21/2023 1:35 AM
That’s not what I meant by empathy is not always a good thing.
2/21/2023 6:15 AM
Blind Faith has reformed. And is performing in churches all over BC.
EC has been replaced by LnF.
2/21/2023 7:19 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Big Pharma must be getting scared Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.