Big Pharma must be getting scared Topic

1/13/2023 5:21 PM
I could care less about Fox News or CNBC. I'm not conservative or liberal. Both Trump and Biden are clowns.

I've had taken a holistic approach the whole COVID thing. Eat healthy, sunlight, sleep, exercise, eliminate stress. No vaccine no masks.

COVID accounted for about 10% of deaths. What about the other 90%, obesity, inflammatory disease, heart attacks, cancer, diabetes, hospital related pneumonia, car accidents, drug related deaths? Guess those deaths aren't important.

Bottom line is, people in general don't take care of themselves, that's why we had so many deaths. I'm not saying COVID didn't exist, but the whole thing is really absurd.
2/16/2023 11:47 PM
Posted by thewizard19x on 2/16/2023 11:48:00 PM (view original):
I could care less about Fox News or CNBC. I'm not conservative or liberal. Both Trump and Biden are clowns.

I've had taken a holistic approach the whole COVID thing. Eat healthy, sunlight, sleep, exercise, eliminate stress. No vaccine no masks.

COVID accounted for about 10% of deaths. What about the other 90%, obesity, inflammatory disease, heart attacks, cancer, diabetes, hospital related pneumonia, car accidents, drug related deaths? Guess those deaths aren't important.

Bottom line is, people in general don't take care of themselves, that's why we had so many deaths. I'm not saying COVID didn't exist, but the whole thing is really absurd.
Finally: Another 'great mind 'shows up; .I, too refuse the Vaxx, and only wore a mask where I sort of had to. . I believe that this WHOLE thing is about control over the masses, and it is using FEAR to accomplish it's ends.It is also a HUGE Cash Cow for Big Pharma.Those morons closed the Fitness centers. HOW stupid is that?? !!

Our government froze the back accounts of those who contributed to a cause that 'Mister Turdough did not approve of. This is right after he called the election. So he still has 3 years to destroy this country and hand it over to our enemies. This is not a conspiracy theory, It is happening. He recently passed a bill under which a teenager get get Euthenized by a doctor and he doesn't need his parents permission. So many see that as ok. I say we are done.

the cure de resistance for Co 19:

I make two very healthy soups, One is chicken Noodle ( I use a Knorr's Soup Mix) and the other is Cabbage soup. The Cabbage soup is DELICIOUS. That and Vit - D (3) and tons of exercise. Also, 3 cloves of Garlic every day and you never get sick. You can get it in pill form at any health food store.

I grad' High School in 1963. About 350 in that class. About 38 of them are gone.. Nobody died from Covid, and 3 that I know of had it and kicked it.

MSM has people mesmerized, and the sheeple march to the9ir drum beat

Done
2/17/2023 2:34 AM
Also; how can you breathe well if you are wearing a mask??
2/17/2023 2:37 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 2/17/2023 2:37:00 AM (view original):
If anyone person believes in science, it's me. Except, it is my views this science was corrupt and had a political agenda attached to it.

A lot of these articles in 2020/2021 that were published were funded by outside organizations. When an article states that say for instance masks were 80% effective, there was real no in depth analysis done, just that you should believe everything you read and become mindless sheep. if you noticed no one person conducted the study, as they so mysteriously chose to leave the name out and would use for example "Harvard University conducted the study".

Those blue and white surgical masks that most people wore, at least at the start of the whole thing were useless. If you hold those masks up to any bright light, you could visibly see the holes in those masks and the light shining through the mask. Also, if there are COVID particles in the air, they are not only going to get on the outside of your mask, but how many people touch the outside their mask at some point whether taking it off or putting it back on? Even the stronger masks, it's not going to spend the extra energy going through the mask, unless it's taped onto your face, it can still go out the sides. So no, there was no science behind any of this.
2/17/2023 12:27 PM (edited)
Posted by lostnfound74 on 2/17/2023 2:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by thewizard19x on 2/16/2023 11:48:00 PM (view original):

Finally: Another 'great mind 'shows up; .I, too refuse the Vaxx, and only wore a mask where I sort of had to. . I believe that this WHOLE thing is about control over the masses, and it is using FEAR to accomplish it's ends.It is also a HUGE Cash Cow for Big Pharma.Those morons closed the Fitness centers. HOW stupid is that?? !!

Our government froze the back accounts of those who contributed to a cause that 'Mister Turdough did not approve of. This is right after he called the election. So he still has 3 years to destroy this country and hand it over to our enemies. This is not a conspiracy theory, It is happening. He recently passed a bill under which a teenager get get Euthenized by a doctor and he doesn't need his parents permission. So many see that as ok. I say we are done.

the cure de resistance for Co 19:

I make two very healthy soups, One is chicken Noodle ( I use a Knorr's Soup Mix) and the other is Cabbage soup. The Cabbage soup is DELICIOUS. That and Vit - D (3) and tons of exercise. Also, 3 cloves of Garlic every day and you never get sick. You can get it in pill form at any health food store.

I grad' High School in 1963. About 350 in that class. About 38 of them are gone.. Nobody died from Covid, and 3 that I know of had it and kicked it.

MSM has people mesmerized, and the sheeple march to the9ir drum beat

Done
I guess I failed to understand how a vaccination can shut down an entire immune system, make you sick in the short term and somehow that is supposed to be a good thing. At first they said you can't catch COVID if you're vaccinated, then they said you can't get sick, then they said you can't die if you're vaccinated, all of those turned out to be false. So much for following the science and 2 weeks to flatten the curve.

I'm skeptical of studies, but there was one conducted in 2020 where over 90% of the patients that died were Vitamin D deficient.

I had 7 friends die since 2020, a few due to heroin OD, but nobody that I knew died of COVID.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sympathetic to those that died during that time.

I had the luxury of travelling to 32 states in 2020, 99 cent gas prices, no traffic on the roads, what an amazing time to be alive! I got to do some running along the beaches of Corpus Christi in April of 2020, it was amesome. I didn't take advantage of the offer, but there was a one way trip from Washington DC to Denver for only $17.

I remember all of the absurd rules back then. The one way arrows in the grocery stores, Interestingly Target and Walmart didn't close, but the parks, running trails and beaches did. Go figure. Also my favorite the snitch hotline when you reported on someone that didn't quarantine for 14 days for arriving into a new state..lmao

I'm almost never political and try to stay clear of it. Maybe if there was more thought put into it along with some common sense, people would've been more receptive, but to tell people you have to wear a mask, you can't enter into an establishment without a vaccination, you're going to lose your job if you aren't vaxed, you have to stay home for 14 days, at that point, it was imposing on individual freedom and it got to the point of being infuriating.
2/17/2023 12:28 PM (edited)
I didn't spend much time "researching", but let's be 100% clear.

Wearing a mask reduces the amount of particles an individual emits from their face.

If someone coughs, sneezes, laughs, talks, etc. they are emitting particles.

Put something over the source of those particles and the amount emitted is reduced.

I can't understand how anyone could argue this fairly obvious fact with a straight face.
2/17/2023 2:04 PM
also, doctors and nurses wear masks almost all the time while working> They seem to be able to breathe.
2/17/2023 3:52 PM
Posted by bruceleefan on 2/17/2023 2:05:00 PM (view original):
I didn't spend much time "researching", but let's be 100% clear.

Wearing a mask reduces the amount of particles an individual emits from their face.

If someone coughs, sneezes, laughs, talks, etc. they are emitting particles.

Put something over the source of those particles and the amount emitted is reduced.

I can't understand how anyone could argue this fairly obvious fact with a straight face.
I'm not going to say that isn't true, because you are most likely correct. I won't debate that. But at the same time, common sense would prevail and one would think to use your shoulder or hand to cover your cough or sneeze, which might actually offer more protection than one of those cheaply made blue and white surgical masks. We can agree to disagree with all due respect. I just wanted to come on here and offer my thoughts on the subject.
2/17/2023 4:22 PM (edited)
I have never understood the arguments against something that has been a medical/surgical standard since the early 1900's.

But coming from the Dumbf*$k Canuck I'm honestly not surprised to hear him say something so monumentally STUPID.

Again.
2/17/2023 6:06 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/17/2023 3:52:00 PM (view original):
also, doctors and nurses wear masks almost all the time while working> They seem to be able to breathe.
Outside the operating rooms, how many folks do you think actually benefit from wearing a mask? btw outside the hospitals, I believe they serve no purpose, but to hide an ugly sourpuss
2/18/2023 5:47 AM
Posted by rsp777 on 2/17/2023 6:06:00 PM (view original):
I have never understood the arguments against something that has been a medical/surgical standard since the early 1900's.

But coming from the Dumbf*$k Canuck I'm honestly not surprised to hear him say something so monumentally STUPID.

Again.
'Monumentally stupid' (coming from the die hard leftist, of course) TEN years ago, we were just fine without walking around with our faces masked. but... this will make zero sense to you because.. (it comes from the right)
2/18/2023 5:50 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/17/2023 3:52:00 PM (view original):
yer jerkin my chain again
2/18/2023 5:52 AM
From NIH: National Library of Medicine

In 2015, we conducted a randomized controlled trial to compare the efficacy of cloth masks with that of medical masks and controls (standard practice) among healthcare workers in Vietnam (4). Rates of infection were consistently higher among those in the cloth mask group than in the medical mask and control groups. This finding suggests that risk for infection was higher for those wearing cloth masks. The mask tested was a locally manufactured, double-layered cotton mask. Participants were given 5 cloth masks for a 4-week study period and were asked to wash the masks daily with soap and water (4). The poor performance may have been because the masks were not washed frequently enough or because they became moist and contaminated. Medical and cloth masks were used by some participants in the control group, but the poor performance of cloth masks persisted in post hoc analysis when we compared all participants who used medical masks (from the control and the medical mask groups) with all participants who used only a cloth mask (from the control and the cloth mask groups)(4).

We also examined the filtration ability of cloth masks by reviewing 19 studies (3). We found that the filtration effectiveness of cloth masks is generally lower than that of medical masks and respirators. Filtration effectiveness of cloth masks varies widely; some materials filter better than others (911). Filtration effectiveness of cloth masks depends on many factors, such as thread count, number of layers, type of fabric, and water resistance (3). One study tested medical masks and several household materials for the ability to block bacterial and viral aerosols. Participants made masks from different materials, and all masks tested showed some ability to block the microbial aerosol challenges although less than that of medical masks (11). Another study found that homemade cloth masks may also reduce aerosol exposure although less so than medical masks and respirators (12). Masks made of cotton and towel provide better protection than masks made of gauze. Although cloth masks are often not designed to fit around the face, some materials may fit snugly against the face.

(Bottom chart from CDC website Feb. 11, 2022)

2/18/2023 7:31 AM (edited)
I believe we can all agree those who are compromised, (See the wizards original post above on who is compromised) should have the right to use the original injection if they wanted. As time went by and the virus mutated down I think it can be said the best thing for a healthy person to do was to get a mild case as it gives the best immunity. I don't believe healthy young people should be getting the shots nor do I think it should be mandated by the government. I would now like to see some of the existing tax payer funded health resources and machinery used to look into the effect of giving these shots to young people and the correlation to heart attacks and other problems being encountered at an alarming rate.
2/18/2023 7:49 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Big Pharma must be getting scared Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.