New Challenge/Bounty Topic

Posted by scroogemcd on 1/3/2024 1:47:00 AM (view original):
Good Luck DCNats.

Future Entries for this bounty are now closed. Teams that have been entered up to now are eligible. First to win the league or best record will get the prize. Area is in the lead with 96 wins.
Started off hot, but forgot to make changes during a cycle and recently got over a fatigue spiral. We’re about a .500 team moving forward. I don’t see us making a run at the record.
1/14/2024 9:25 PM
Are there any active teams left in this bounty chase?
2/19/2024 12:31 AM
not I. we're 83-74 with one game to go, well out of the chase. after some deadline moves, we went 32-21 down the stretch so I might give this another try. Petco worked quite well for me - most of my trash pitchers will finish with mid 3s to mid 4s ERA. Mick and Ted will combine for roughly .360/.470/.600 with a zillion runs scored. I got some all time terrible performances from hte supporting cast, but some of my waiver wire tweaks worked pretty well, so I might be on to something, bounty or not! I was also in a savage division
2/21/2024 1:44 PM
I can't believe my 96 win team from last March might hold on for the win. We finished 3rd in our division - stuck behind 105 and 106 win teams, and with the 4th place team in my division still winning 88. I think I got really lucky with a few of my players and with the overall league I was in. I don't think I could replicate that if I tried.
2/21/2024 7:18 PM
I believe I am in the last league with an active team from Dc Nats that is just in the process of concluding now (9 games to go). He can no longer mathematically win. Are there any other live entries left?

2/23/2024 8:24 PM

I believe all live entries have now concluded. Congratulations on the victory, Area.

I am sending the gift certificate now. It turned out to be much more challenging to assemble a competitive team than I had originally anticipated. I hope everyone enjoyed the challenge

2/26/2024 8:44 PM
◂ Prev 1234
New Challenge/Bounty Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.