Peaceful Atlanta Insurrection Topic

It does. Now explain the concept of "With God on our side"....................
1/28/2023 11:44 AM
What do you think it means?
1/28/2023 12:18 PM
Posted by bruceleefan on 1/28/2023 9:16:00 AM (view original):
Actually the term "good kill" that everyone is melting down over, typically refers to a justifiable shooting. Nothing more or less.

When someone is actively attacking people with deadly force, I think most would agree that stopping him is a good idea.
I wish I had your way with words. That is exactly what I meant
1/30/2023 7:50 AM
Now about those five thugs who killed that kid in Nashville. Cripps with cops uniforms on. That one is just without excuse. they belong in jail. For the rest of their lives

That is most disturbing of all I seen in 3 years
1/30/2023 7:52 AM
Posted by DougOut on 1/28/2023 9:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 1/27/2023 8:14:00 AM (view original):
Thou shall NOT Kill.
God is NOT on the side of those who kill.

7523. ratsach - Original Hebrew translations and meanings

Strong's Concordance
ratsach: to murder, slay
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: ratsach
Phonetic Spelling: (raw-tsakh')
Definition: to murder, slay

Exodus 20:13
NAS: You shall not murder.
KJV: Thou shalt not kill.
INT: shall not murder

As we can see, the KING JAMES translation of ratsach is KILL. A better or more precise translation would be murder.

Under Mosaic Law there were consequences for murder. King Davids reaction to the messenger regarding his son Absalom is a perfect example.

God gives us the right as individuals and nations to defend ourselves.

I trust this helps explain the rationale between the concepts of Killing and Murdering.
I understand Absalom was 'well hung'

Hey Doug, I read that account of his death. One verse says he was caught by the neck in the crotch of a branch, and he died. Another says he was beaten to death. Do you think this was simultaneous? Or am I reading the wrong Translation? (KJV)
1/30/2023 7:58 AM
I think you guys should all examine what the word "version" means? (As in KGV, or the "other" versions of "eternal truth")
1/30/2023 8:52 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 1/30/2023 8:52:00 AM (view original):
I think you guys should all examine what the word "version" means? (As in KGV, or the "other" versions of "eternal truth")
Wrong word, actually. 'Translation' fits better. U be a good 'word cop'

anyhow, KJV (my default trans)
1/30/2023 9:21 AM (edited)
Yeah........whoops, I met KJV.
Must of been thinking of the KGB..........what with the thought police being on everyone's mind.
lol

But in response to your actual point.............it's called the "King James Version of..." not the King James "translation"........and while it may be 6 to one and a half dozen to the other I still DO find it rather ironic...............what with the actual definition of the word "version"............... as in how many versions of "eternal truth" are there............seems there SHOULD only be one truth. Why do we need "versions"??

Isn't my truth your truth?
I thought it was..................
:-)
1/30/2023 10:15 AM
There's really only a couple widely accepted versions/translations that say the same thing, tell the same story. Some do so without having to think you're reading Shakespeare. Does a stop sign mean stop but a red light doesn't ? God's finger engraved a stone with the Commandments but thereafter allowed His inspired word to flow through each author's individual personality. I read in english and might say potato and for God so luved the world while in Mandarin they might say potatoe and this is how much God loved the world : He gave his Son. Same truth. If you don't believe me, ask Him. It's also ok to ask Him why because a few authors along the way may have written different interpretations from each other isn't justification that this whole God/Jesus thing is a bunch of baloney. Or bunkum. Or pretentious nonsense. See; different words but same meaning.
1/30/2023 12:14 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 1/30/2023 7:59:00 AM (view original):
Thou shall NOT Kill.

Strong's Concordance

As we can see, the KING JAMES translation of ratsach is KILL. A better or more precise translation would be murder.

Under Mosaic Law there were consequences for murder. King Davids reaction to the messenger regarding his son Absalom is a perfect example.

I trust this helps explain the rationale between the concepts of Killing and Murdering.

Hey Doug, I read that account of his death. One verse says he was caught by the neck in the crotch of a branch, and he died. Another says he was beaten to death. Do you think this was simultaneous? Or am I reading the wrong Translation? (KJV)
2 Samuel: 9 - 15.

During the battle against his father, Absaloms mule went under a low hanging branch. Absalom got stuck and was left hanging. One of Davids men saw it and reported it to Davids General Joab. Joab FIRST injured Absalom but let it to his armour-bearers to then kill him.
1/30/2023 4:39 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 1/30/2023 10:15:00 AM (view original):
Yeah........whoops, I met KJV.
Must of been thinking of the KGB..........what with the thought police being on everyone's mind.
lol

But in response to your actual point.............it's called the "King James Version of..." not the King James "translation"........and while it may be 6 to one and a half dozen to the other I still DO find it rather ironic...............what with the actual definition of the word "version"............... as in how many versions of "eternal truth" are there............seems there SHOULD only be one truth. Why do we need "versions"??

Isn't my truth your truth?
I thought it was..................
:-)
Hundreds of 'NEW' updated Translations. IT isn't about God's truth, but it IS about sales of books. More money for Zondervan, etc

My first Bible was 'The Living Bible paraphrased' .. then the KJV and that is the only one I will endorse but the LBP is ok if you are stuc in Numbers or whatever. it is my 'commentary' Lol

Know what I find interesting? All those Translations, and the KJV is Always the cheapest
1/31/2023 3:58 PM (edited)
Posted by DougOut on 1/30/2023 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 1/30/2023 7:59:00 AM (view original):
Thou shall NOT Kill.

Strong's Concordance

2 Samuel: 9 - 15.

During the battle against his father, Absaloms mule went under a low hanging branch. Absalom got stuck and was left hanging. One of Davids men saw it and reported it to Davids General Joab. Joab FIRST injured Absalom but let it to his armour-bearers to then kill him.
Thanks Doug
1/31/2023 3:59 PM
◂ Prev 12
Peaceful Atlanta Insurrection Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.