Setting the Defense Topic

Does anyone know when you set the Defense to anything less than 95% after you save it, that the Default goes back to 95%? Does it matter? (I'm hopeful once it is set, regardless of the Default going to 95%, that doesn't matter. Only the players in which you checked and unchecked for their respective positions is what I'm hopeful happens.).

Secondly, have there been any instances that anyone has seen in which a player is defending a position that you didn't check even though you set the Defense? I could be wrong, I'll be checking going forward. but In one game the Sim had a pg of mine defending a power forward. Though I could have messed up and accidentally set it that way. .
2/6/2023 3:19 AM
It's just the check boxes that matter. Using the percentage can be a good shortcut if you have a different threshold you'd like, I feel like some people gravitate closer to something like 90%, but at the end of the day the boxes are what sets the defensive matchups. Anytime you leave the Game Plan page and come back the number will reset to 95% but the check boxes will stay at whatever you set, as long as you remembered to click Save Defensive Matchups.

As for your second question - it should be very rare, but the sim can also be very random so it can happen from time to time. It would most likely only happen if you had a player get into foul trouble, or it was during garbage time - once the benches clear, the sim seems to throw much of its logic out the window.
2/13/2023 5:41 PM
Thank you ragged!!!
2/19/2023 2:55 PM
Setting the Defense Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.