"Clearing the Bench" also "Pressing" Topic

In setting strategies before each game an option is available fi we want to clear the bench when ahead or behind. If I were to make a setting to clear the bench after 4 minutes ahead by 15 or more, suppose the team came back and with over a minute left it's a 4 point game for example. Does the SIM have a setup to put the starters back in when it becomes close like this?

And there is an option for Pressing. I get it if you are down in the last minute or so then Pressing is an option. But what about as an overall strategy? Is it just a useless overall strategy? Or is there a certain type of team that benefits the most from it? I dismiss “a team with a lot of steals” type. You really can’t account for that. So, what’s the benefit? Maybe to a great offensive team with limited defense? Or a great Defensive team with limited offense? Or . . .?
2/21/2023 3:56 AM
"Clearing the Bench" also "Pressing" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.