Beernoser's Neighbor League Topic

You really don't have to wait to throw second dagger except of course the first dagger has to be thrown and the eligible team announced for the second dagger before you can throw that second dagger.
3/22/2023 9:07 PM
First dagger round

1. kentol (daggered by razor)
2. BeAllEndAll daggered by Just4)
3. fatguyrd (daggered by kentol)
4. razorclams (daggered by BeAll)
5. Just4me (daggered by fatguy)
6, seay00 (daggered by eman)
7. eman7400 (daggered by midknight)
8. midknight (daggered by oldtimer)
9. oldtimer59 (daggered by Summerfield)
10 summerfield daggered by Seay)
11. jpeterso (daggered by ermocito)
12 ermocito (daggered by _jwillis)
13 _jwillis (daggered by redcped)
14 redcped (daggered by beernoser)
15 beernoser (daggered by jpeterso)
16 vilefileman (daggered by evil_twin)
17 calhoop (daggered by whalers)
18 jonstephen25 daggered by vilefile)
19 evil_twin (daggered by calhoop)
20 whalers 10 (daggered by jonstephen)
3/22/2023 9:11 PM
Second dagger round

1. kentol (daggered by Just4)
2. BeAllEndAll (daggered by kentol)
3. fatguyrd (daggered by BeAll)
4. razorclams (daggered by fatguy)
5. Just4me (daggered by razor)
6, seay00 (daggered by midknight)
7. eman7400 (daggered by oldtimer)
8. midknight (daggered by Summerfield)
9. oldtimer59 (daggered by Seay)
10 summerfield (daggered by eman)
11. jpeterso (daggered by _jwillis)
12 ermocito (daggered by redcped)
13 _jwillis (daggered by beernoser)
14 redcped (daggered by jpeterso)
15 beernoser (daggered by ermocito)
16 vilefileman (daggered by whalers)
17 calhoop (daggered by vilefile)
18 jonstephen25 (daggered by calhoop)
19 evil_twin (daggered by jonstephen)
20 whalers 10 (daggerd by evil_twin)
3/22/2023 9:11 PM
Posted by Beernoser on 3/22/2023 9:06:00 PM (view original):
It is listed on page one of this thread who daggers who in the first and second dagger rounds.
Oh it was hiding below the standings. My bad!
3/22/2023 9:19 PM
Redcped loses Willie Stargell (1B) and Comiskey Park
3/22/2023 10:18 PM
8. midknight (daggered by oldtimer)

Mr. Midknight - I will dagger Goose Goslin and Shea Shea Stadium

Goose is by far your best hitter with many PA's.

There's not much left in great hitting for you. INF leaves a lot to be desired. At lease they won't break any budget. So will you protect W.Johnson or Seaver in Rd 2?

Good Luck!
3/22/2023 10:33 PM
Eman7400 - say goodbye to Roy Campanella. You are not in dire straits at catcher, but this version of Campy is a value at $5.9 million. Porter, Sunberg, Rader…meh

I always liked Ebbets. Say goodbye to Ebbets.
3/22/2023 10:57 PM (edited)
Posted by midknight on 3/22/2023 10:51:00 PM (view original):
Eman7400 - say goodbye to Roy Campanella. You are not in dire straits at catcher, but this version of Campy is a value at $5.9 million. Porter, Sunberg, Rader…meh
Stadium?
3/22/2023 10:53 PM
Posted by oldtimer59 on 3/22/2023 10:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by midknight on 3/22/2023 10:51:00 PM (view original):
Stadium?
Edited my post…
3/22/2023 11:03 PM
Summerfield for round 2 dagger, you may hit my 1965 Kansas City A’s
3/22/2023 11:07 PM
Oldtimer - My dagger nicked Whitey Ford's ulnar collateral ligament. TJ surgery scheduled so you'll lose 267 innings of .208 OAV, 2.69 ERC, 147 ERC+ at a very affordable $7.7m. Next man up in the rotation.
A bit of a double whammy for your staff, no Memorial Stadium with it's 0.92 park factor.
3/22/2023 11:15 PM
Second dagger round

9. oldtimer59 (daggered by Seay)

Seay, you can dagger 1955 Orioles.
3/22/2023 11:42 PM
ermocito:

I deliberated between two choices, but in the end, it seems like Jim Maloney is the man to axe. Good luck building your staff without him.

Interestingly, because you ended up with three different Reds teams (35, 45, 65), you only have two stadiums to choose from: Crosley Field or Fenway Park. With this in mind, I'm nixing Crosley Field, so it'll be Fenway for you. Your team is gonna score a lot of runs... but they better, because I think the pitching is going to be fairly brutal.
3/22/2023 11:44 PM
1st dagger round,

Razor,

Initially, I thought, WOW! What a team! Pitching, offense and defense, this team has it all! And in your hands, well, we all know you raise the bar. You’re going to make it TOUGH! BUT, then I remembered we are using the great equalizer! This is an $80M league. This isn’t the juice6 tourney. LOL. Let see what you’re working with…

Offensively, you look great. Lots of good value and no one overly priced. Medwick and Collins are good targets, as is Hartnett. Maury Wills is interesting, too. But you do have Eddie Lake and, worst case scenario, Leo Durocher.

Defensively, well, your team is going to be average…unless you plan on keeping opponents from scoring with pitching and defense. E better look at what you have for pitching…

Damn, you have A LOT of pitching options. At least at SP…. then again… There aren’t a lot of RP stars at during the eras we are using. I seriously considered the ’65 Dodgers. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ’65 KOUFAX!!! But, that would probably be my downfall. Hmmm. Maybe we can push you that way…

For SP’s you have: 1935 Cardinals brothers Dizzy and Paul Dean. Besides Koufax, the ’65 Dodgers offer a $10M Drysdale and a very affordable $7.4M Osteen. The rest only offer an average Pete Alexander and a Dave Ferris that I really know nothing about (will change following this post). Hmmm… if salary wasn’t an issue, I would have a starting staff full of Dodgers and Cardinals. So… let’s affect that. Since we have the great equalizer, let’s screw with your pitching.

Dodger pitching is stronger than their hitting. I REALLY want to see your Koufax in this league. So…let’s do this… Osteen is the cheapest and probably on your short list. Go ahead and start over. Like I said, I REALLY WANT TO SEE KOUFAX IN THIS LEAGUE!

Say goodbye to Claude Osteen. And, since Koufax only performs well in pitcher parks, no Dodger Stadium for you. Let’s see how what kind of team you can build with the parks and pitchers you have left to choose from. But then again, you ARE one of the highly esteemed owners here. I’m sure you’ll build a team worthy of the WIS archives! Good luck, sir! Looking forward to our competition this season!
3/23/2023 1:06 AM (edited)
beernoser, you have a lot of options. Not sure I can really dent the team you'll build but I'll at least take away a good value Pete Richert from the Senators. And I'll take away Cleveland Stadium.
3/23/2023 1:55 AM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...22 Next ▸
Beernoser's Neighbor League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.