Beernoser's Neighbor League Topic

J_willis

Your 35 Browns are an interesting case.

I don't think there is a single player that you need on your team or can't replace. You'll be holding your nose to put six guys on your roster anyway.

You'll have a murderer's row of Joe Morgan, Hank Aaron, Roberto Clemente, Eddie Mathews and Willie Stargell. Who needs the Browns.

My second dagger theerfore is pretty pitiful.

My guess is your reaction will be ..... who?

Prepare to lose........

backup catcher Tommy Heath
3/24/2023 1:20 AM (edited)
Kentol - after much deliberation, you can dagger the 1925 Boston Red Sox
3/23/2023 11:16 PM
New tool for everyone!

This is a pre-dagger google sheet that should show you each eligible player to help you make rosters which comply with the rules. You could copy into an excel document to manipulate yours if you want.

If you see any errors, please tell me and I will fix.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sNW-BhezGooZGJBIaJO_Iv0do5rr5jimhgLgOBS47Ec/edit?usp=sharing
3/24/2023 12:17 AM
Eman7400 - you can dagger my 1935 PHI Athletics.
3/24/2023 12:49 AM
Posted by ermocito on 3/24/2023 12:17:00 AM (view original):
New tool for everyone!

This is a pre-dagger google sheet that should show you each eligible player to help you make rosters which comply with the rules. You could copy into an excel document to manipulate yours if you want.

If you see any errors, please tell me and I will fix.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sNW-BhezGooZGJBIaJO_Iv0do5rr5jimhgLgOBS47Ec/edit?usp=sharing
very helpful! thanks
3/24/2023 2:00 AM
Fatguyrd – Welcome to your 2nd dagger. I agonized over this pick. You’re team is very flexible. Other than a catcher, you have multiple, good value options at every position and none of the 1925 Braves are going to be missed. But let’s see how we might be able to influence your drafting and maybe we can have some impact.

Looking at what you have at pitching: The 75 Reds have Nolan, Gullett, Eastwick, McEnaney, Borbon, and Carroll. The 65 Tigers have Aguirre, McLain, Lolich, Navarro, Fox, Gladding, Sparma, and Pena. The 35 Braves have, well, we’ll stretch for Cantwell just for a roster spot. That leaves the 25 Braves, who have Benton and Cooney. Your pitching staff will definitely be made up mostly of Tigers and Reds, 6…maybe 7 roster spots. I can’t see you rostering both Benton and Cooney. I would probably roster Benton.

Offensively, you have a lot of options at most positions. Except probably catcher now that Bench is out of the picture. Not sure what you’ll do there. Let’s move on. At 1B you have Burrus from the 25 Braves, Perez of the 75 Reds, and Cash of the 65 Tigers. Burrus or Perez? At 2B you COULD go with 75 Morgan but that a lot of dough in an 80M league. That leaves 65 Lumpe, 25 Padgett, and 35 Mallon. 25 Gautreau also provides some defense. There is also 35 Maranville at a cool 200K. This is al sorts of blah. I don’t see a play here. Your 3B options of 75 Rose, 65 Wert, or 35 Whitney… sounds like Rose. At SS it pretty much between 75 Concepcion and 25 Bancroft. Concepcion is probably the stronger choice… better defense. But Bancroft is a switch hitter and the Braves aren’t overflowing with options. Lot’s of OF options: 25 Welsh, 25 Felix, 25 Neis, 25 Mann, 35 Mowry, 35 Berger, 35 Lee, 65 Horton, 65 Kaline, 65 Demeter, 75 Geronimo, 75 Griffey, and 75 Foster. I don’t see making a play here either.

Damn, this is tough. Looks like it’s between Benton and Burrus. Benton forces you to either grab Cooney at 6.8M or a much lesser Genewich at $4.6M. There is always 600K Vargus…but the 35 Braves don’t offer much in pitching so you’ll probably need 2 pitchers from this team. Maybe…

Burrus would force you into either Perez or Cash. Both of these choices affect the available roster spots for these two teams. If they fill 7 pitching spots, then they only have 6 pos spots available. Rose takes one of those. Concepcion another. Hmmm… Foster or Griffey… Horton or Kaline? And what about a catcher? Is that Freehan?

Well, when it’s this close, I think pitching is the better option. Your 2nd dagger is cutting 1925 Larry Benton. You’re going to have a tough team. Hopefully this nudge to a lesser pitcher makes a small impact in my favor. Good luck!
3/24/2023 2:57 AM
Sorry I am so far behind on everything. I will have the evil_twin dagger on Friday afternoon. My sincerest apologies
3/24/2023 4:37 AM
BeAllEndAll has a really good supply of pitchers. I'm thinking that the best 2nd dagger would be one that somewhat limits his choices from the loaded '75 Dodger pitching staff. I'm going to dagger 2B Billy Rogell
3/24/2023 7:06 AM
Vilefileman - Looking over his rosters, the '35 Dodgers stand out as a particular collection of meh. Nobody in the lineup is particularly appealing, and the pitching staff features no real standouts. Among them however, there is one beacon of hope, and thusly, that ray of sunshine must be daggered.

Goodbye, P Watty Clark

As for the parks, consider Comiskey Park daggered
3/24/2023 8:15 AM (edited)
Posted by kentol on 3/23/2023 5:30:00 PM (view original):
just4me - you can target the 1945 Philadelphia Blue Jays for my 2nd dagger.
This team had two obvious choices between Andy Karl on the mound and Vince Dimaggio in the field. Looking at your other teams and options, I think losing P - Andy Karl would have the bigger impact on your team.
3/24/2023 10:47 AM
I will be setting up a separate thread where we can all post our final rosters before entering the league.

I'll post in a particular format. I'd ask everyone else to follow the same format to malke it easier for my to check rosters.

Will probably be ready tonight.

I'm starting to think after winning this league, my team might have a problem or two in the Tournament of Champions .
3/24/2023 12:14 PM (edited)
So who is going to post which of vile's teams I need to dagger?
3/24/2023 12:16 PM
Posted by whalers10 on 3/24/2023 12:16:00 PM (view original):
So who is going to post which of vile's teams I need to dagger?
I sitemailed, but will post here, as well:

whalers: you may dagger for the vilefileman team from among the 25 Athletics.
3/24/2023 12:33 PM
Posted by redcped on 3/23/2023 12:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Beernoser on 3/22/2023 10:18:00 PM (view original):
Redcped loses Willie Stargell (1B) and Comiskey Park
jpeterso, for my second dagger you may have at the 1975 Atlanta Braves
jpeterso, in case you missed this earlier in the thread ...
3/24/2023 2:16 PM
jpeterso, I deliberated between a couple of potential second dagger candidates on the 1975 Tigers. It seems like there are guys I could dagger that might possibly squeeze your budget, but in the end, I think John Hiller is the man to strike.

Hiller's the only pitcher on the entire team worth his salt, and he offers pretty good value for you at 72 IPs for $1.9M. And since the 1925 Tigers also have effectively no worthwhile pitchers, this means that most of the meaningful arms on your team are going to have to come from the 1965 Giants. Here's hoping that keeps you from being able to use Willie Mays or Jim Ray Hart.

Good luck!
3/24/2023 4:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...18|19|20|21|22 Next ▸
Beernoser's Neighbor League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.