Political Predictions Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
eh, I don't think so. Younkin is a regional sensation and would have almost no national appeal. I agree with the DeSantis comment. I think his bid is almost dead in the water. He was never really hard-wired to run for President. His next move should have been for US Senate, so I question his handlers. Tim Scott is clearly positioning himself for VP...under which top liner, who knows? Scott has talent and issues (as a politician) and is an interesting mix. The guy with a future may be Vivek Ramaswamy, an outstanding speaker, clearly intelligent, bold with his ideas, young, but it virtually unknown (for national politics) and is probably a decade away from gaining enough traction to be a serious challenger...and a lot can happen in a decade to ruin a budding political future. Most of the other republicans are a joke...Pence, Christie, Hutchinson, etc. will never break single digits. I still think the R nominee will be Donald J. Trump and it doesn't matter how many convictions, lawsuits, death sentences, are hanging over his head. Half the country sees the legal actions as Kabuki Theater at best. The far Left thinks they have him politically destroyed. I think that's premature.

I am not convinced Biden will be the D nominee. I'm not sure a serious candidate will challenge Biden but I think it is possible some particularly damaging scandal gains traction (never know when one of those can occur in politics.) The current candidates are not going to get it done. RFK Jr. is about as high in the polling (15ish%) as he will ever get and Williamson is a laughable joke. If a scandal makes Biden damaged goods, Kamala Harris is not the answer. I personally think she would be a disaster on the top line of a ticket. Gavin Newsom could do well, although I see him as vacuous. He at least has the looks. Hillary is just arrogant and entitled enough to run again but I think the American public might be done with her. I'm not too sure who else has the clout to run. AOC? What a complete...well, skip that. She would get clobbered. Klobuchar would do what she did last time. The frighteningly good candidate would be Michele Obama...good temperment, résumé, name recognition, speaking eloquence, intelligence, likability (from a D perspective) etc. I can't see a single negative...except she has no interest in running, lol.
7/25/2023 12:04 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/25/2023 12:04:00 AM (view original):
eh, I don't think so. Younkin is a regional sensation and would have almost no national appeal. I agree with the DeSantis comment. I think his bid is almost dead in the water. He was never really hard-wired to run for President. His next move should have been for US Senate, so I question his handlers. Tim Scott is clearly positioning himself for VP...under which top liner, who knows? Scott has talent and issues (as a politician) and is an interesting mix. The guy with a future may be Vivek Ramaswamy, an outstanding speaker, clearly intelligent, bold with his ideas, young, but it virtually unknown (for national politics) and is probably a decade away from gaining enough traction to be a serious challenger...and a lot can happen in a decade to ruin a budding political future. Most of the other republicans are a joke...Pence, Christie, Hutchinson, etc. will never break single digits. I still think the R nominee will be Donald J. Trump and it doesn't matter how many convictions, lawsuits, death sentences, are hanging over his head. Half the country sees the legal actions as Kabuki Theater at best. The far Left thinks they have him politically destroyed. I think that's premature.

I am not convinced Biden will be the D nominee. I'm not sure a serious candidate will challenge Biden but I think it is possible some particularly damaging scandal gains traction (never know when one of those can occur in politics.) The current candidates are not going to get it done. RFK Jr. is about as high in the polling (15ish%) as he will ever get and Williamson is a laughable joke. If a scandal makes Biden damaged goods, Kamala Harris is not the answer. I personally think she would be a disaster on the top line of a ticket. Gavin Newsom could do well, although I see him as vacuous. He at least has the looks. Hillary is just arrogant and entitled enough to run again but I think the American public might be done with her. I'm not too sure who else has the clout to run. AOC? What a complete...well, skip that. She would get clobbered. Klobuchar would do what she did last time. The frighteningly good candidate would be Michele Obama...good temperment, résumé, name recognition, speaking eloquence, intelligence, likability (from a D perspective) etc. I can't see a single negative...except she has no interest in running, lol.
Of every alternative to Trump and DeSantis you did not mention anyone with more of a possible chance then YoungTrumpkin. I picked him as last person standing.
I can’t think of anyone else palatable to the base who has a chance plus the motivation.

If all else fails the RNC can hire Will Ferrell to reprise his role as the actor playing Hitler in The Producers.
7/25/2023 12:47 AM (edited)
I think the media stirs the pot about Younkin because he is beatable and vulnerable (and let's face it, the media is a D asset.) I just can't see Younkin winning the R primary, even without Trump or DeSantis. The guy simply is not presidential material.

I have no idea who it will be. I haven't followed the pre-race too closely. Somebody (or two) that is not on the radar will jump in. There are candidates out there on the R side who are waiting to see what the circus around Trump does.
7/25/2023 1:08 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/25/2023 1:08:00 AM (view original):
I think the media stirs the pot about Younkin because he is beatable and vulnerable (and let's face it, the media is a D asset.) I just can't see Younkin winning the R primary, even without Trump or DeSantis. The guy simply is not presidential material.

I have no idea who it will be. I haven't followed the pre-race too closely. Somebody (or two) that is not on the radar will jump in. There are candidates out there on the R side who are waiting to see what the circus around Trump does.
IMO he is the only one part Maga and presentable to right leaning independents.
If I was a Republican I would call myself an independent and pray that Chris Christie had traction.

Today there is not a candidate out there who does not have MAGA bona fides that the base would be able to follow like the dogs ( sorry dog ) that they are.
The Republican Party electorate are not normal people. Even smart ones. Most of them still think Obama was born in a foreign country and the election was stolen.

If anyone thinks that will change before 25 years from now I appreciate the optimism but it ain’t happening.
These people are the base and the party is debased and will be debase for a long long time.
7/25/2023 1:30 AM
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 7/25/2023 1:30:00 AM (view original):

If I was a Republican I would call myself an independent and pray that Chris Christie had traction.

Today there is not a candidate out there who does not have MAGA bona fides that the base would be able to follow like the dogs ( sorry dog ) that they are.
The Republican Party electorate are not normal people. Even smart ones. Most of them still think Obama was born in a foreign country and the election was stolen.

If anyone thinks that will change before 25 years from now I appreciate the optimism but it ain’t happening.
These people are the base and the party is debased and will be debase for a long long time.
Come on..."not normal" comes across as a bit petulant and really is off topic. Propaganda will always paint the opposition as "not normal." Rs see the Ds and "not normal."

It's all a part of the game. Most Americans actually are normal. They simply disagree about hot button issues like politics.

Good talk, E.
7/25/2023 1:46 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/25/2023 1:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 7/25/2023 1:30:00 AM (view original):

Come on..."not normal" comes across as a bit petulant and really is off topic. Propaganda will always paint the opposition as "not normal." Rs see the Ds and "not normal."

It's all a part of the game. Most Americans actually are normal. They simply disagree about hot button issues like politics.

Good talk, E.
I am sorry but not normal is the inconvenient reality so important talk to you.
When 75% believe in a bizzare fantasy that the president is born in another country despite a birth certificate and a newspaper notice I say something is going on.
And I’ll bypass a thousand other examples and just go to the most evil and mentally I’ll person being a president still supported with potential votes by 80% of the Republican 2020 voters they are “crazy’ and weird and nuts and in most cases not normal people.
The Nazis and the kkk and the Q anon and all who stand shoulder to shoulder with common views anybody that would vote for a mtg whose criticism for being crazy have nothing to do with politics.
im sorry I’m cutting this rant.

good talk - you refuse to accept reality because they are closer to your political views then anything else.
7/25/2023 9:55 AM (edited)
If Republican people were normal then Trump popularity would be single digits and less then Chris Christy who would then be a formidable opponent to Joe Biden.

look at the polls showing that 75% of republicans think Trump did not done do anything wrong re any of the cases.

the way they literally died in hundreds of thousands be cause they would not vax is proof that they have a mentality thst is not normal.
If Trump had not almost committed “suicide” their death toll would have been even dramatically higher.

Those abnormal morons fought tooth and nail to believe in bleach and horse pills and any conspiracy theory that some nutcase spun. Half republicans got no vaccine and very very few got a booster. Their choice their talk they’re nuts.

good talk
7/25/2023 10:14 AM (edited)
Re Dog

The Bidens need to trade their German Shepard s in for a new breed. Get a few mutts - real American dogs.
7/25/2023 10:48 AM
Alabama is showing how when a president virulently despises the rule of law and his people follow then state governments take up the cross.

Enter Alabama - gerrymandering went to the Supreme Coat who said illegal draw a new one as we order.
Alabama says no thanks we will do it our way - again.

Can someone please get a writ of mandamus
things sit better in a writz.

I predict this story is not going away.
7/25/2023 10:52 AM
“Good talk” irks me as condescending which it is so I do react accordingly.
7/25/2023 1:30 PM
I think that Guiliani and Meadow will strike a plea deal.
I think that Rump expects it but he will go beserk.
Nothing is heard from Eastman in ages. Maybe he is being smart or maybe he cooperated.

There is a lot of quiete from a lot of perps.
7/25/2023 1:33 PM
The name Christopher Mellon will soon be in the news and he is someone to pay attention to.
He is the voice in front of the biggest story in the history of mankind.
If that does not grab your attention then……go watch Close Encounters of The Third Kind.

for reference - up until a few years ago I was agnostic on the whole thing. But the sources and the info started to change around 2018 and when Trump threw water on it then I started to believe.
7/25/2023 1:45 PM
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 7/25/2023 1:30:00 PM (view original):
It was meant to convey a good discussion. If you take it as condescending...that's on you.

7/25/2023 6:46 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/25/2023 6:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 7/25/2023 1:30:00 PM (view original):
It was meant to convey a good discussion. If you take it as condescending...that's on you.

Your context and content without a chance for me to respond first belies what you just said.
It is a condescending remark.
I don’t really care but it is what is.

Spiro Agnew would call it effete radical snobbery.
I’ll stick with snide.
7/25/2023 7:45 PM (edited)
1|2|3...36 Next ▸
Political Predictions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.