Climate Change Today or Don’t Look Up Topic

Today - August 21, 2023 - most rain in any one day in San Diego - broke record of 150 years.

First Tropical Storm in California in 84 years.

TBC
8/21/2023 11:56 AM

WORLD · AUG 18, 2023

Deaths caused by Hurricane Hilary to be Labeled Suicides

LOS ANGELES, CA — As Hurricane Hilary prepares to make landfall in Southern California, the World Meteorological Organization has announced that all deaths resulting from the storm will be ruled as suicides.

"We are seeing Hilary continue to weaken as it approaches the West Coast, so we have high hopes that it will not cause any, um... suicides," said meteorologist Fritz McBeely to reporters. "But we must be aware, this storm is highly unpredictable and could potentially suicide anyone foolish enough to stand in its way."

Local authorities in Los Angeles have warned their people to board up windows, stack sandbags, and refuse to testify against the hurricane in a court of law in order to avoid being suicided. "The threat is real," warned McBeely.

At publishing time, several weather sources had confirmed that they are struggling to track the storm as their weather prediction servers were mysteriously drenched in bleach and smashed with a hammer overnight.

8/21/2023 12:38 PM (edited)

U.S. · AUG 18, 2023 · 120
Californians Prepare For Hurricane By Nailing Plywood Boards Onto Their Tent Flaps

Californians Prepare for Hurricane by Nailing Plywood to Biden Housing

SAN FRANCISCO, CA — As Hurricane Hilary looms off the shores of the Golden State, Californians are rushing to prepare by nailing plywood boards onto their tent flaps and filling sandbags to protect their Biden Housing.

Residents have been flocking to their local hardware stores and drug dealers to stock up on essentials, praying the category-four storm decreases in power before reaching their luxurious Democrat provided tarp-and-shopping-cart shanties.

"We have definitely seen an increase in customers looting plywood rather than the usual power tools," heaved one Home Depot manager while scampering around trying, unsuccessfully, to stop one of the thousands of looters. "Business sure is — huff — booming!"

San Francisco risks a unique threat due to its hilly nature. Thus, authorities have urged residents to use sandbags as a guard against potential floods of poop.

At publishing time, California Governor Gavin Newsom had passed a law requiring all outdoor retailers to stock hurricane-proof tents for looters.

8/21/2023 12:48 PM

U.S. · AUG 19, 2023 · 127

Californians Hoping Hurricane will wash all Poop off Sidewalklks

CALIFORNIA — Citizens of California are holding out hope that flooding from Hurricane Hilary will wash off the massive amounts of poop clinging to the state's sidewalks.

"Fingers crossed," said Sacramento resident Kevin Ross. "Bring on the floods, baby!"

While concerned about safety, many locals believe a good, strong hurricane could be the best thing that ever happened to California. "We need a reset button," said sanitation worker Stephen Childers. "All day we scrub poop off the sidewalk, but you can't scrub fast enough. I don't want anyone to get hurt by the storm, I'm not cheering for an Old Testament-level flood - but maybe half of that would be good."

With reports coming in that the hurricane has begun to weaken, many Californians have begun work constructing dams to funnel the rainwater towards San Francisco. "The Lord is giving us a chance, now it's up to us to take it," said Bay Area woman Jessica Long. "Can you imagine being able to walk down the street and smell - well - nothing? Time to keep digging."
At publishing time, cities across California were asking residents to dump all available soap onto the streets in preparation.

8/21/2023 12:56 PM
I survived Hilary. And the earthquake.
8/21/2023 1:01 PM

WORLD · AUG 20, 2023 · 126

Hilary makes Landfall, Destroying Over 30,000 Emails

CALIFORNIA — Hurricane Hilary made landfall today in California, quickly destroying tens of thousands of emails upon her arrival.

"My house is fine, but my email server -- annihilated," said San Diego resident Jim McKay. "Nature is so weird like that."

Despite weakening to a category one hurricane, Hilary still packed a vicious punch upon making landfall. "I'm ok, but the storm somehow crushed my cell phone," said local woman Alicia Gonzales. "I mean, it's like someone took a hammer to this thing. People are letting down their guard because Hilary has weakened, but she's still got power where it counts."

According to officials, the final toll of Hilary's destruction may range into the hundreds of thousands of emails. "It may be a catastrophic loss - of data, at least," said Los Angeles mayor Karen Bass. "I myself was not spared, as all e-mails relating to bribery money from USC and my friendly relations to the Castro family have been wiped out. Sad!"

At publishing time, experts reported that Hurricane Hilary's weakening was due to a southward moving tropical depression named Donald.

8/21/2023 1:10 PM
according to Fox News, Hurricane Hilary was let into the country by the Biden administration!
8/21/2023 1:11 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Texas does not want their citizens to own electric cars so they instituted a tax of $200.00 per year to owners of electric cars.
Nice.
8/22/2023 10:56 PM
Doug, I accidentally clicked on one of your posts. I apologize. It will not happen again. By the way, your posting style has not improved.
8/22/2023 11:43 PM
More then 200 long-standing records were shattered in some Midwest and southern states since Friday August 18.
There was a 130 degrees and higher heat index in Kansas on Sunday August 20.
Home heat Home.
8/22/2023 11:45 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 8/22/2023 11:43:00 PM (view original):
Doug, I accidentally clicked on one of your posts. I apologize. It will not happen again. By the way, your posting style has not improved.
Thanks Wylie. That means more than you can imagine. It's a great comfort to know I'm not getting worse.

I'll redouble my efforts in your honor.
8/23/2023 2:31 PM
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 8/21/2023 11:56:00 AM (view original):
Today - August 21, 2023 - most rain in any one day in San Diego - broke record of 150 years.

First Tropical Storm in California in 84 years.

TBC
Means nothing. HOW MUCH RAIN FELL?

Good see Sou Cal get a good rain, though.

We have had less than an inch of it since early-mid June, and we are not far from SEATTLE (120 miles North )

and our forests are on fire like never before. I am certain that many were deliberately set
8/25/2023 4:34 PM
1|2|3...11 Next ▸
Climate Change Today or Don’t Look Up Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.