2023 World Rankings Topic

This is fantastic and I know how much work it took.
I'd like to ask for two additional things that were included in the 2018 write up.

1) a total score which determined the final order.
2) additional rankings sorted by individual categories.

You already have that data and it would be helpful for folks who are looking for additional worlds and who may weigh category A over category B.

Thanks again for doing this!
12/4/2023 5:59 PM
Posted by bruceleefan on 12/4/2023 5:59:00 PM (view original):
I'd like to ask for two additional things that were included in the 2018 write up.

You already have that data and it would be helpful for folks who are looking for additional worlds and who may weigh category A over category B.

1. Total score has already been added and will be published next time (lower score the better).
  2. Hm, I'll have to think about that. The key to keeping it updated with my other focus' (Cobbfather blog and real life) is not spending a lot of time with it. I did weigh sharing my spreadsheet but didn't want to open that can of worms. I'll give it some thought and see what happens next update.
12/4/2023 6:05 PM
Posted by minihouston on 12/4/2023 6:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bruceleefan on 12/4/2023 5:59:00 PM (view original):

1. Total score has already been added and will be published next time (lower score the better).
  2. Hm, I'll have to think about that. The key to keeping it updated with my other focus' (Cobbfather blog and real life) is not spending a lot of time with it. I did weigh sharing my spreadsheet but didn't want to open that can of worms. I'll give it some thought and see what happens next update.
I mean just re-sort the already existing data in your spreadsheet by "turnover", copy/paste.
re-sort by "run differential", copy/paste.
re-sort by "division winners", copy/paste.
like that.

Unless I'm missing something, it shouldn't add very much time.

Even if you decide against, this is a great tool and is greatly appreciated!
12/4/2023 8:35 PM
Just noticed you have 122 Robinson listed twice
12/8/2023 2:09 PM
Posted by bruceleefan on 12/8/2023 2:09:00 PM (view original):
Just noticed you have 122 Robinson listed twice
Thanks, I must have caught that already as it has already been deleted from my file. We've had a few mergers since this update, which we will try our best to accommodate.
12/8/2023 2:13 PM
Thanks for the work you put in to make this. I sincerely appreciate it.
12/11/2023 8:04 AM
Bump for Torrone.
1/3/2024 9:12 AM
Just stumbled into this.... Amazing that the world I commish, Rickey, is top 20 (#17). We have almost constant turnover problems to the point that this world has nearly died at least twice in the past couple of years. I'll remember this ranking when our next season ends and we're struggling with our usual 8-12 openings....
1/24/2024 11:41 PM
The rankings system here is definitely offering great utility. While I do think it puts extra weight into World parity, it is certainly nice to see all the data. It is nice to have something we can use to flesh out certain things and choose a World with some additional intel.

No rankings system is going to be perfect. I value Worlds with little turnover, little drama and no lopsided trades that need to be policed. However, many of those things are too subjective to capture.
1/25/2024 4:03 PM
Drams is not usually a RIckey issue, and we've been generally free of the need to police bad trades and bad owners. And obviously we have great parity! But we can't keep owners nonetheless.... Must be that the commissioner has poor hygiene or something.... I'm actually glad for these rankings and will try to use them for new owners when I beg and plead and bribe and blackmail people to join our league....
1/25/2024 8:02 PM
Posted by gorshar on 1/25/2024 8:02:00 PM (view original):
Drams is not usually a RIckey issue, and we've been generally free of the need to police bad trades and bad owners. And obviously we have great parity! But we can't keep owners nonetheless.... Must be that the commissioner has poor hygiene or something.... I'm actually glad for these rankings and will try to use them for new owners when I beg and plead and bribe and blackmail people to join our league....
This is more or less what I had in mind when I proposed this idea, which minihouston then very effectively and efficiently took the lead on. I'm glad it's useful!
1/30/2024 5:57 PM
Just curious when this was last updated? Was it August?
1/31/2024 8:29 PM
Posted by Arfy on 1/31/2024 8:29:00 PM (view original):
Correct, so depending on the league 1-3 seasons have passed since. We'll likely get this into a year update just not sure on when. Maybe summer at the earliest and the latest being winter.
1/31/2024 10:00 PM
Posted by minihouston on 1/31/2024 10:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Arfy on 1/31/2024 8:29:00 PM (view original):
Correct, so depending on the league 1-3 seasons have passed since. We'll likely get this into a year update just not sure on when. Maybe summer at the earliest and the latest being winter.
I have the most time to help during the summer (specifically July and August), FWIW
2/4/2024 6:07 AM
Great job by the way! Good stuff! I appreciate it!
2/7/2024 7:42 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
2023 World Rankings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.