Developer Q&A - Answers Provided Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Dude, you’re the whiny one. What’s funny is my MISS ST post has the most views. Quit being rat.
9/5/2023 5:04 PM
Block him like I did. I did the same thing to my sister on social media. Who needs the drama? Haha
Hey Alek, I won't see your response; however, I'll say it anyway. Don't go away mad, just go away...
9/5/2023 5:10 PM
You have ksparks blocked? I have Alek blocked. But when they quote and comment on each other's posts, we still have to see all of their responses.
9/5/2023 7:30 PM
Posted by ksparks on 9/5/2023 3:52:00 PM (view original):
Hi jholtus. It appears that your topic is not allowing for responses. You may need to check the settings.

I'm sure it was caused by the fact that you were trying to prevent Alek from posting another one of his whiny rants. I guess we'll just have to live with that if we want to be able to interact with that post.
jholtus already mentioned in his post that questions should be sitemailed to him...
9/5/2023 9:02 PM
^
9/5/2023 9:42 PM
Posted by nlewis_02 on 9/5/2023 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Block him like I did. I did the same thing to my sister on social media. Who needs the drama? Haha
Hey Alek, I won't see your response; however, I'll say it anyway. Don't go away mad, just go away...
Shows your .666 personality when you want to talk to someone but have them blocked.
9/5/2023 9:46 PM
Posted by narcotico on 9/5/2023 9:02:00 PM (view original):
Hi jholtus. It appears that your topic is not allowing for responses. You may need to check the settings.

I'm sure it was caused by the fact that you were trying to prevent Alek from posting another one of his whiny rants. I guess we'll just have to live with that if we want to be able to interact with that post.
jholtus already mentioned in his post that questions should be sitemailed to him...
Damn…devil is in the details. Oh well, I was really just looking for an opportunity to take a jab at SAWFT Alek.

9/5/2023 9:47 PM
You’re kinda weird bro.. I’m not interested.
9/5/2023 9:49 PM
Posted by ksparks on 9/5/2023 9:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by narcotico on 9/5/2023 9:02:00 PM (view original):

Damn…devil is in the details. Oh well, I was really just looking for an opportunity to take a jab at SAWFT Alek.

Haha, same
9/7/2023 3:04 PM
This lovers spat is better than Jerry Springer. I just hope that when they finally get together and do the deed it doesn't run the show!
9/7/2023 4:15 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 9/7/2023 4:15:00 PM (view original):
This lovers spat is better than Jerry Springer. I just hope that when they finally get together and do the deed it doesn't run the show!
Get your tickets at StubHub or TicketMaster. They're sure to be a hot ticket.
9/7/2023 5:07 PM
Q: What is the importance of attributes. Clarification which ones effect which positions. In particular athleticism?
Player attributes are vital to team success. Athleticism is important to all positions. The level of importance you put on each attribute for each positions varies based on what you want those positional players to do, but here are the general attributes you would want for each position in descending order of importance. QB:Technique, Strength, Athleticism, Elusiveness, Game_Instinct
RB: Elusiveness, Speed, Strength, Athleticism, Game_Instinct, Hands
WR: Hands, Speed, Athleticism, Elusiveness, Game_Instinct
TE: Athleticism, Strength, Blocking, Hands, Game_Instinct, Speed, Elusiveness
OL: Blocking, Strength, Athleticism, Game_Instinct
DL: Athleticism, Strength, Tackling, Game_Instinct, Speed
LB: Tackling, Game_Instinct, Strength, Athleticism, Speed
DB: Game_Instinct, Speed, Athleticism, Tackling, Hands, Strength
Q: Is there a rock/scissor/paper relationship with formations? What is the importance of formation IQ?
There is not a rock/paper/scissors relationship with formations in GD. Formation IQ is very important, as it directly affects a players performance within that formation. Player ratings are generally more important, but Formation IQ can be the difference maker in situations where ratings are close.
Q: Any planned tweaks to frequency of fumbles and INTs and missed XP?
While these are variables that we would like to work on, especially XPs which are essentially impossible to miss, they are not currently high up on our backlog of work.
Q: Is there an exploitable loophole in recruiting that some people take advantage of and the rest of us don't know about?
A couple of disgruntled users made this claim on the forums before leaving the game. After communicating with these players, searching through their on-site communications, and checking their recruiting behavior, we found zero evidence of this.
Q: Are there any plans to revise the conference and DIA post season structure?
There are no plans to revise this at the moment, though we are always open to the possibility.
Q: Are the developers considering adding NIL or Transfer Portal to GD?
Adding Transfer Portal and NIL are not part of the plan for GD at the moment. We believe it would likely cause more disparity between teams than we would prefer.
Q: What improvements to the game are currently in the works?
Some GUESS features are being integrated into the game. After that we plan on making more improvements to the core WIS site.
Q: Is there any chance for an app in the future?
Yes, an app is something we would like to implement with the next rendition of WIS.
Q: Will there be any conference realignment and will the conferences be constructed with more than 12 teams?
There are no plans for conference realignment at this point in time.
Q: When will injuries be re-introduced to the game?
Injuries are something we would like to add back for the sake of realism, but that will likely come after we make some upgrades to the core of WIS.
Q: Is there any chance of Gridiron Dynasty to create their own 'GUESS Reports'?
We are implementing new ratings and maps similar to GUESS, however we are not fully integrating GUESS reports. You can find those at https://www.thenextguess.com/ which will remain live after the original GUESS reports site is closed.
Q: Would the developers consider making it so D1AA, D2 and D3 players can be drafted?
That is something we would be open to, though it is not currently planned.
Q: What are the thoughts on allowing a higher percent of carry over money for schools that do not spend all of their budgets?
We believe this would open the door to tanking strategies. More discussions need to be had to decide if that would be healthy for the game or not.
Q: Is it true that we no longer have any real advantage with the old elite schools vs a established winning program in the recruiting battles if all other factors such as distance team past history and coaching recent records are even?
The elite schools have a baseline advantage, and will maintain that advantage if all else is equal. An established winning program can overcome the advantage of elite schools, if that elite school has mediocre performance.
Q: Is there any real bonus in recruiting for winning a NC other than the 1 game plus winning PCT? If not will that ever change?
Winning the NC gives that school a large boost in appeal rating, which is used in recruiting, but it is not directly considered by recruits. That is something we would be open to changing in the future.
Q: How much impact does a RB set to block impact the pass protection? I've heard some speak that other blockers factor into the overall blocking of the OL unit. So, if I have OL that average 90 in blocking and I set a TE or FB that has a lower BLK, does it affect the line effectiveness?
Having an RB or TE block will always have a positive effect on pass protection, as it creates a situation where you are outnumbering pass rushers, which adds a positive modifier to your line's matchup. That player having a lower block rating than your line will not affect the matchup negatively, it will only lessen the positive effect they have on the matchup.
Q: Could there be a return of ST stats for KR/PR, TD, blocks etc?
We would like to add these back to GD, however this is lower on our backlog than other tasks at the moment.
Q: Any plans to have pipeline recruiting, say after establishing certain states it lowers your cost if it becomes a pipeline state for you?
Pipeline states would add an interesting new level of strategy to recruiting, and this is something we will consider for future updates.
Q: Any plans to adjust elite system?
There are no plans to adjust the elite system at the moment.
Q: With the player ratings updates, what do the ratings look like?
The new player ratings are very similar to GUESS, with a few notable differences based on findings while looking through the game engine. Mainly we value Game_Instinct less for QBs, don't value Technique at all for RBs unless you want them catching passes, value Game_Instinct less for WRs, and don't value Technique at all for OL, DL, LB, or DB. We also value Athleticism more for all positions.
Q: Any thought to consolidating worlds to allow more human teams in worlds, or allow changing worlds without having to go back to D-3
There are no plans for world consolidation at the moment. We do plan on allowing experienced players to enter new worlds without having to start from D3.
Q: Should there not be a way for Coaches to have to be more selective with scholarship offers and some form of penalty in future recruiting efforts should they develop a reputation for pulling them?
Withdrawing scholarships having a negative affect on coach reputation is something that is being considered. The main issue would be the amount of accidental scholarship offers and withdrawals we already see.
10/3/2023 4:12 PM
The new player ratings are very similar to GUESS, with a few notable differences based on findings while looking through the game engine. Mainly we value Game_Instinct less for QBs, don't value Technique at all for RBs unless you want them catching passes, value Game_Instinct less for WRs, and don't value Technique at all for OL, DL, LB, or DB. We also value Athleticism more for all positions.

What the actual F?
10/3/2023 4:58 PM

oh boy

but you have not at all changed the game engine, right?

these are just appelations, right?
10/3/2023 5:43 PM
1234 Next ▸
Developer Q&A - Answers Provided Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.