Developer Q&A - Answers Provided Topic

Posted by johnalanharr on 10/8/2023 4:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Huesmann49 on 10/8/2023 4:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker3 on 10/8/2023 4:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Huesmann49 on 10/8/2023 3:47:00 PM (view original):
I had submitted several questions and was a tad disappointed the main one didn't get brought up. Maybe I'll have luck here. it deals with formations and realism. Most of the good players use run heavy formations, wishbone or Notre Dame box, yet they are passing the heavy majority of the time. This is the opposite of realism and should be looked at. It is to the point of a glitch because nearly all of the top players at the top programs are doing this and it’s nearly impossible to beat them or even stay competitive if you aren’t another blue blood program. How did this discrepancy become so widespeard?
i think it's just you got a lot of intelligent and very contrarian individuals trying to figure out how to exploit the sim

my experience used to be Everyone runs pro-set and 34 and passes 60% of the time and runs outside 60% of the balance

i think veteran game players want to do it different out of boredom with the old and curiosity to the new

I certainly think there could be some truth to that but there still is a certain amount of finding some kind of glitch or exploiting something in the game. If it were only down to trying new things and being smart, those same owners would figure out on D how to stop it. I had heard most people used to run pro set and I, like you said.
It's because the game is a math game disguised as a football game. With Box you have 4 Receivers (2 RB/2 TE) that the game engine has LBs (traditionally worse in coverage) and Safeties as primary defenders.

It is also easier to recruit RBs with amazing WR attributes than LBs with amazing DB attributes.
I run the WB in a couple worlds because I was bored. Still slice and dice people up with my Trips team which is also contrarian. Offensive formations matter little and you can apply the same principles to all of them. Shotgun sucks though, too expensive to recruit the receiver depth necessary, and the lack of run game makes you a one trick pony which isn't good in even talent matchups. Any formation also works when your vastly more talented than the other team.
10/9/2023 1:21 AM
Posted by bagchucker3 on 10/9/2023 4:19:00 PM (view original):
they got computers that can beat any man alive at chess now days

in a perfect mathematical world, where AI pays no attention to the social graces

when a chess game starts, does the black bot throw out the white flag after P-Q4

math and science don play games

we do because they're fun

mammals gotta play
E4*
10/9/2023 11:43 PM
Posted by realist9900 on 10/4/2023 4:23:00 PM (view original):
What we do know

1. Game engine hasn't been changed
2. Previous attribute importance, including core attributes, were provided to us through dev chats and feedback over the years.
3. Current devs disagree with the original developers regarding attribute importance. Yet, say nothing has changed with the game.

Very confusing.
Not sure if anyone had changed anything based upon this, but I am new to the game after a hiatus, and I have decided to lean into the new priorities and updated all my formulas. Being new, I already felt like I would be working uphill against seasoned coaches all using the same formulas, so what the hell. I am still only in my second season and working through D2 right now, but I am interested to see how it goes. It certainly threw off recruiting rankings in the next guess. I think I am the second to worst active human coach in that list.
11/7/2023 7:45 PM (edited)
When recruiting and spending money to scout them and looking at the history. What do the different colors mean?? Yellow, Purple, Red and Green? i just got back into this and cant remember!
Thanks
11/27/2023 6:31 PM
Red, the player is interested in other program(s), not yours.
Yellow, he is interested in others AND yours.
Green, he is interested in yours.
Purple, ahh, what?
11/27/2023 8:28 PM
the Purple shows up in the History Tab when you are trying to recruit said player! But thank you for the info it helps even if i am color blind!!
11/30/2023 7:00 AM
I'm not recruiting at the moment so I can't check but I think the purple in History tab is an action that has not yet occurred but will (unless cancelled) at the next cycle.
11/30/2023 6:40 PM
The log file for Gridiron Dynasty games have a bug that doesn't post which player is OL4 on occasion. What would cause that and will it get fixed? I assume it's a minor bug, but it's really a strange one.
4/21/2024 3:32 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Developer Q&A - Answers Provided Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.