Midge52 rosters and commentary Topic

Thanks Steelers--I would have to say this my least defensive team I've ever drafted. Hoping I'll just outscore opponents!
10/26/2023 9:04 PM
Posted by steelers821 on 10/26/2023 1:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by longtallbrad on 10/26/2023 12:56:00 PM (view original):
steelers, I think you said what needed to be said about my squad. And I'll gladly take the low expectations. The last couple times I was pegged to contend I did pretty lousy so, y'know...

Jokic's positives are so ridiculously high I don't worry about a 2-3% effectiveness ding. That's never stopped McHale from being played routinely out of position at SF in this league. I wanted Ginobili for his dreb% from the backcourt, his 3s and his FTAs. All that said, my guys are going to be running up into the stands to find extra people to foul.

And in the final analysis, as a forever Nuggets homer I just wanted to play with building around my boy Jokic. Let the shenanigans commence!
Jokic has so much going for him but I just feel like his bad Defense and high TOV% make it difficult to build around him. obviously not impossible and I'm sure someone will eventually win a title with him. why do you prefer 22 vs 23 for him?
Vastly superior rebounding, off the top of my head.
10/26/2023 9:14 PM
thank you for the evals steelers! You're right doing 24 is daunting!!
I reached for DJ because I had a definite plan and then as usual everything
changes as the draft develops. MJ is the pick at #5 but I haven't had any success
with him. Same story for me w/ Giannis. I'm very meat & potatoes and will always
ruin the Greek Freak or GOAT souffle.
Rudy G. has slightly better U% and he's great. But, my usage is too high
and Rudy just would've pushed it even higher.
We'll see if THE REACH pays off. Probably not?
10/26/2023 10:21 PM
I would agree that Rodman might be a reach at 10; however I will also say I think he is the best player to play @ SF in the sim with those rebounding numbers, but that's just me.
As far as Pippen goes, by my math (which is often wrong, especially lately) and even with the down sides I like 94-95 Pippen best with the higher D and DReb, but his low efg for his usage does hurt.
I am concerned how low my efg is compared to everyone else's but I think my over-composition in rebounds should make up the difference, especially with my Def numbers.
OR
I am completely wrong and everyone else's efg is so high that my def won't matter and I won't have as many missed shots for my team to rebound.....

Though something I have thought about... As the 19-20+ seasons become more and more prevalent in the sim, that would mean naturally most 3s being shot. This means higher scoring efficiency but it also means more total missed shots which in turn makes rebounding even MORE important than before? In my head that makes sense but I know the sim doesn't always do that.... you know.... make sense...

10/27/2023 9:06 AM
13) dontburnearl – Anthony Davis, Karl-Anthony Towns, Anfernee Hardaway, Horace Grant, Thaddeus Young, Daniel Gafford, Arvydas Sabonis: I have to start by Gushing about Davis, Towns, and Grant all together. It’s got the paint scoring, It’s gets you 3s, Dreb is good and Grant saves your oreb, Towns and davis are both low Tov. I also really like Gafford and Sabonis as backups. I’m not quite as in love with your frontcourt. Hardaway I don’t think fits any of your needs here. Doesn't shoot many 3s, assists are low considering your front court doesn’t provide any, and he’s your second highest usage player. I don’t think you needed anyone with that high of usage after Davis and Towns. To be fair Penny does do a lot of good things as well he just wouldn’t be my choice for the team. Thad Young is always a good pick. Very versatile, having the rebounding to play the 3 and the assists to play PG. Based off what I see I assume he’ll be at the 2 which helps with your assist problem. Ball, Rondo, and Iggy also I think were all good choices and honestly make more sense for the roster than Penny. Overall oreb seems to be strong, dreb is solid, assists should mostly be good if I understand where everyone is playing correctly. Defense should be good despite towns, sabonis and young. Fouls might be a tiny bit high but you also make a lot of fts. 57.2 efg. O/U 52.5 I just wish you should a couple more 3s.
14) raggedclaws – David Robinson, Jimmy Butler, Michael Porter, Jr., Eric Bledsoe, Kristaps Porzingis, , A.C. Green, Mason Plumlee: unless I'm blind I think you’re the last team not in so this will be a little shorter. Robinson is a guy I've never used before. I just feel you’re basically just getting Duncan 10 picks earlier. (someone please explain to me why I'm wrong about that). I drafted Butler last season and he really disappointed me. Didn’t make any fts which he basically needs to be a good player(for 22/23 at least) I will say him and porter make a really low tov wing combo. And at least on paper it’s an effiecient pair. Bledsoe also seems like a solid pick I never knew he had 90 defense. That 23 Porzingis season is a lot of fun although it’s a major liability on the boards. Plumlee is the no defense version of Kessler. It’s kind of hard to tell without seeing the full team but I'm sure you’ll build a good team around this group. A lot of solid picks overall. O/U 48.5.
15) steelers821 – Chris Paul, Clint Capela, Bob McAdoo, Donyell Marshall, Aaron Gordon, Anderson Varejao, Desmond Bane: Pg along with Sf is another position I try to avoid in the first but I’ve never tried CP3 and wanted to try something new. Capela may be the third best rebounding advantage behind Rodman and DJ. Mcadoo was kind of a panic pick because I was planning on taking MPJ. I just wanted a hgiher usage big with low tov and solid efg. His Dreb is also very solid. To go 4/4 Marshall is another guy I've never used. It was a hard decision between him and grant but I choose marshall for his 3s. For the only time I’ll give you guys some usage weighted numbers. 55.86 efg which is lower than most but I think its just because its calculated differently. TOV at 10.66 which should be very good. Dreb at 38, oreb at 98 which is probably worthy of top 5 from what I've seen so far. 71.6 def, 61.8 ast, and 19 fp48. All very mediocre there. Overall this isn’t my favorite team. I should make the playoffs though I'll go 45.5 O/U
16) dakjd901 – Karl Malone, John Stockton, Zion Williamson, Robert Williiams, Mitchell Robinson, Joe Ingles, Paul Reed: I may just be imagining things but I swear you pick Deron Williams every league you play in. You got into the sim a little to late those Stockton Williams pairing would’ve been killer back then. Karl Malone was a great pick here and possibly even a steal. Imo there is a top 16 and he’s definitly a part of it. He keeps the turnovers lower, assists are a nice bonus and the dreb is good. 55 efg might seem lackluster but with good ft shooting and low tov I'd say he’s very efficient with his usage. 90d you can probably stretch across 3 positions as well. If you can’t tell by now I’m a big fan of extra posessions. Stockton just doesn’t provide that with his high tov and low rebounding(yes midge he does have a high stl% though). What he loses there he makes up for in the shooting battle with 50 efg, great assists and 80 defense. I don’t like it but solid pick. If you play Zion at SG I could probably get on board with this pick but if not I don’t really see his fit. Great efg on high usage but poor rebound and no 3s if he's your SF. Great job getting both Williams and Robinson. Just one of them can be game game changing with73+ efg and high orebounding. Ingles I think was kind of unnecessary he’s likely going to cause issues for your team on defense and possibly rebounding if he’s at SF. Overall 3s are fine, fouls I think should be fine, you’re rebound is going to be bad, assists will almost definitly lead the league, efg is an impressive 60.3. you have to many mins from low defesne players for my taste althugh it could be worse. I think putting Deron williams with this group killed what could’ve been a very good team. I’ll go 36.5 O/U.
10/27/2023 10:14 AM
you're welcome everyone! glad you enjoy.
10/27/2023 10:15 AM
Posted by longtallbrad on 10/26/2023 9:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by steelers821 on 10/26/2023 1:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by longtallbrad on 10/26/2023 12:56:00 PM (view original):
steelers, I think you said what needed to be said about my squad. And I'll gladly take the low expectations. The last couple times I was pegged to contend I did pretty lousy so, y'know...

Jokic's positives are so ridiculously high I don't worry about a 2-3% effectiveness ding. That's never stopped McHale from being played routinely out of position at SF in this league. I wanted Ginobili for his dreb% from the backcourt, his 3s and his FTAs. All that said, my guys are going to be running up into the stands to find extra people to foul.

And in the final analysis, as a forever Nuggets homer I just wanted to play with building around my boy Jokic. Let the shenanigans commence!
Jokic has so much going for him but I just feel like his bad Defense and high TOV% make it difficult to build around him. obviously not impossible and I'm sure someone will eventually win a title with him. why do you prefer 22 vs 23 for him?
Vastly superior rebounding, off the top of my head.
I think the 66 efg is eye popping and hard not to pick. With that said 21-22 is the better season Imo and you made the right choice.
10/27/2023 10:17 AM
Thanks for the review - appreciate the kind words. I actually think you are overrating my rebounding; also picked up Hardaway's high usage season, so I could play KAT's 22.9 usage season to get a higher eFg%, and slightly higher rebounds and 3s, while saving some $$. I do think I should have gotten more assists as well. I'd put my own o/u at about 45.
10/27/2023 11:15 AM
Posted by dontburnearl on 10/27/2023 11:15:00 AM (view original):
Thanks for the review - appreciate the kind words. I actually think you are overrating my rebounding; also picked up Hardaway's high usage season, so I could play KAT's 22.9 usage season to get a higher eFg%, and slightly higher rebounds and 3s, while saving some $$. I do think I should have gotten more assists as well. I'd put my own o/u at about 45.
It's possible i didn't get your rebounding right. i'm mostly just eye balling it and doing some quick math in my head.
10/27/2023 12:14 PM
i have the next round done but for some reason i can't copy paste. i'll try again in a bit.
10/27/2023 12:15 PM
17) PBandJ – Hakeem Olajuwon, Kevin McHale, Ben Simmons, Chauncey Billups, Kevin Love, Buddy Hield, Kevon Looney: Hakeem and Mchale post moves galore I guess lol. Hakeem has got to be on another level even for 100 defendors. 2.3stl and 6.5 blk is just really solid although is fouls are a bit high. I don’t love the season you picked with its low EFG and high turnovers. Overall I’m not sure if hakeem and especially the version you choose belongs in the first round. Mchale on the other hand is very efficient. Great EFG solid Tov defense is also great and he’s good from the line. I think Love in-between those two is ok. Rebounding is obviously great and he gives some 3s that you needed down there, the defense can be covered by both of them. Ijust wish his efg wasn’t so mediocre. Ben simmons is an ok pick but his lack of 3s and high tov don’t make him a good fit with what you have so far. Billups has really grown on me although again wrong season for me personally (I’d have picked his most expensive season despite the lower efg) sorry for sounding like a broken record. I also don’t understand why you got Billups and Simmons. Hield’s defense is bad but otherwise he seems like a good player. He provides a lot of the 3s that were missing. Looney is always an excellent pick especially if you can fit him at SG although I don’t think you can. Overall rebounding should be very good although maybe a bench drop off, assists will be good, defense should be strong, fouls may be a bit hgih because of simmons and hakeem. 54.8 efg. Lots of fts. Your team is the first that worries me with to many minutes. Idk what Duren’s purpose is in a 52mil. O/U 35.5 to much money spend on usage and mins not enough on efg.
18) uptowngbv – James Harden, Damian Lillard, Marcus Camby, Victor Oladipo, Gerald Wallace, Larry Sanders, Amare Stoudemire: I think Harden is always a great pick in any draft league. The usage problem is handled immediately, Rebounding is solid, efg is decent but you know is TS will be great, and his defense is even good for unknown reasons. Lillard second what a bold pick. I suppose you don’t have to worry about finding a high usage backup for harden. Lillard is also super efficient with high efg and ts and a good tov. I like the fit overall although it will be a little weird when they play together. Camby despite is poor efg is almost always a good pick. He's got just about everything you’d want from a low usage big. Wallace and Olaidipo were a nice turn toward defense without losing much on the offensive end. I with Wallace had a little lower usage but that’s my only complaint. Larry Sanders! Should be another solid defensive option and I assume backup to Camby. Stoudemire was an awesome pick and one that you needed. High usage paint scorer that I'm sure will eat up all those +2s Harden provides. I also like Edge but maybe his usage is to high for this team. Overall dreb is pretty good, your oreb will definitely leave much to be desired, your assists appear to be a little low but probably fine. Other than lillard and amare the defense is fine. Fouls are high. Efg is a poor 54%but you have the best ft shooting I've seen so far. I like this team a lot. Ill go 49.5 O/U maybe a title contendor.
19) jethroeg – Moses Malone, Magic Johnson, Buck Williams, Marques Johnson, Paul Pressey, Michael Cooper, Al Horford: Since I’ve returned to the sim it appears Moses has become an after thought. I think people underestimate how much his rebounding can make up for poor Tov. With that said this isn’t the moses verison I would have picked. Magic is fun But I think he belongs around the round 2/3 turn an dI wouldn’t have picked the season you did. Buck Williams is a very solid 4 with high efg and rebounding. Marques has always been someone I've wanted to try at SG but never had the chance. Although it looks like you didn’t want to try him because he is not on your team lol. Might want get that fixed. Overall a bunch of players I like but don’t like together and don’t like the seasons you picked. 52.7 efg. I’ll say 19.5 O/U.
20) dh555 – Dwight Howard, Charles Barkley, Klay Thompson, Bobby Jones, Delon Wright, Marquese Chriss, Patrick Beverley: Dh welcome back to the 52 draft! It's always nice to have the old commish and winningest owner in this league return. So I suppose howard’s fall from grace is due to his usage not being as efficent as it may appear. Due to poor ft shooting and high turnovers. With that said he still is steal at 20, even if his effiency isn’t all that you’re getting 100d and high rebounding. Barkley is another guy who drops due to some of his issues with turnovers and mediocre defense but I think he’s a great pick. Great rebounidng at SF, good fts, efg, I just wish he didn’t shoot so many 3s lmao. Klay I think was a very smart pick. You needed 3s and to lower that turnover number. Wright also is a pretty solid low tov PG although more assists would have been nice. Love me some Bobby jones I'm glad you can play him at PF too. 100D, gives you some needed assists, efg is solid but unfortunately he solidifies your high touls empire. Chriss and Beverley are both smart picks. Overall high fp48 and tov%, assists will be low even at there best, rebounds may be a little on the average side as well due to Jones and Klay. 57 efg and I think a very good defense. I want to lvoe this team but it just has some glaring flaws. I'll go 42.5 O/U.
10/27/2023 12:44 PM
yeah ingles was a panic move when I realized I had no 3s. Same reason I added Korver in the after draft. Deron Williams I like to put as a 6th man because he's not terrible at defense (70) and his efg% isn't going to destroy a team even tho its not great at 54.5%. He does get tons of assists in the second unit where I don't have to worry about those anymore. he might not be great, but thats my thought process with using him
10/27/2023 1:45 PM
21) ronsouth1 – Kawhi Leonard, Andre Drummond, Chris Boucher, Shawn Kemp, Derek Harper, Robert Parish, Terrell Brandon: Kawhi is obviously an awesome first pick. Low touls. Good defense, fine rebounding and assists from your SG. I personally a bigger fan of his 100d season but this version has its own strengths. Drummond is a big + at rebounding he’s so inefficent on offense that I’m not a big fan. Boucher is one of my favorite guys in the sim. I know he fouls a lot but man is he good at everything else. Great pick I wish I had him. Has the shawn Kemp hate gone to far. Was this a 4th rounder or was there a trade? Either way he really has dropped, I can understand because his touls are really bad. (like really really bad) but you’re getting 100 D and decent paint efg(there was a version you didn’t pick that gives you an extra 3%). I’ll be honest I have a major ick for Harper. The second I see his rebounding I go nope not picking him. Also are brandon and harper going to play next to each other some? That doesn’t sound good at all. Parish is another good pick wrong season imo. Overall starting rebounding looks good but I wonder if there will be a big drop off with the bench. Fouls are really bad and I think despite Harpe and brandon at pg your tov is also going to be really bad. A little light on 3s. Assists are in a good place. Another team with a worrying amount of minutes. 53.7 efg. I really liked Kawhi and Boucher but overall not a big fan. I'll go 32.5 O/U.
22) 24kpyrite – Hassan Whiteside, Dwyane Wade, John Collins, Larry Nance, Javale McGee, Chris Bosh, Trae Young: Whiteside is a solid start. He gives you 100d , efg and good rebounding althoug the touls are poor. Wade I personally love. I will say you basically have to do everything in your power to fix your efg after drafting him. Wade at Pg is great although I guess trae young will be there? Collins and Nance I think were both picks although if you have Nance why not use Collins PF season? It is much better other than not being able to play the 3. Mcgee is a great pick even if his minutes are super low. The bosh pick I don’t understand sure he gets to the line and has low tov but his efg also isn’t special. I think this team could’ve been very good but I feel the trae pick kinda sinks you because him and Wade is not enough rebounding and I’d personally avoid his tov. Overall rebounding looks very shaky, I will say wade and trae might be the only thing saving your assists they look poor, tovs may be a little high, you have a bunch of 100 defendors but you also have young, collins and bosh playing big minutes so idk how to factor that. 54.4 efg and low 3s. I’ll go 27.5 O/U.
23) chewy3344 – Luka Doncic, Ben Wallace, Draymond Green, Dikembe Mutombo, Clyde Drexler, Ja Morant, Dale Davis: Luka’s 23 season has quickly become one of my favorites. He finally got a season where is Tov isn’t brutal, his ft shooting improved and he doesn’t have to play with the mavericks lol. I honestly think he should be going right behind harden. Ben wallace is a solid pick. It's nice having his defense without a high FP48. I have to imagine Green use to go a lot higher when assists meant more. His touls are bad but his dreb is bery good for a SF, gives you 3s and defense. Mutumbo is an interesting pick here. Obviously it’s never bad to have 2 100 defenders but I personally like having some paint usage to balance all that perimeter scoring from Luka. Clyde I think was a good pick even if his EFG isn’t good. The tov is low, he actually does a good job of balancing your paint scoring, and his orebing is strong for a SG. Assists are also very good from him. Ja I think is a great high usage backup. His efg is only 53 but I’d say his fts and tov balance it out. Dale davis is a solid player you can’t go wrong with as a backup to your other low usage bigs. Overall this defense is going to be great even if the backcourt leaves room for improvement. Actually lowish on 3s but I think it will be fine, you make a lot of fts but it also looks like you’ll be hacking other teams as well. We might have a new rebounding champ. I'm not sure about the bench but the starting rebounding is scary good. Assists will be a plus +. Tov will be mediocre but I don’t think it will kill you. 53.3 efg was way lower than expected I know I just gushed about this team but that turns me off a bit. I'll go 48.5 O/U fringe title contendor.
24) Midge – Larry Bird, Kevin Garnett, Bill Russell, Gary Payton, Mikal Bridges, Brandon Clarke, Bobby Portis: alright last one. I’ve learned that I'm just not a bird fan. I've mentioned it already but I don’t like SFs in the first round and I don’t think he should be playing SG. With that said he's a good dreber, passer, his efg is meh but his high ft% and tov make his usage efficient overall. 90 defense and an occasional 3 also are +s. I’m not a big fan of the Timberwolves KG seasons. I get the high assists and drebs are fun and his tov is actually pretty low the season you picked but that’s a whole lot of usage for 50 efg even if he does get to the line a lot. I do love this Russell season you picked. He’ll hurt your efg more than you may think but overall he provides a lot for a low usage big and honestly shouldn’t be going that far behind camby. I had to look into the Payton season you picked and it does have a low Tov but I just don’t understand why you picked him. You just drafted 3 players are all major +s at passing. Why do you need a true pg as well to blow up your drebing. To round out the lineup you finished really strong that is a solid season from birdges even if he doesn’t provide rebounding or passing, Clarke as great rebounding for a SG and high efg, and Portis seems to be a personal favorite of yours and I can see why, great efg, rebounding, he gives you 3s and his D could be worse. Overall assists will be very high, rebounding will be good even if you hurt it with Payton and Bridges. Defense should be very good. Almost to low on 3s. 54.3 efg. I’ll go 47.5 O/U but I couldn’t really say why I have you a game lower than chevy your teams are very similar.
10/27/2023 2:22 PM
Posted by dakjd901 on 10/27/2023 1:45:00 PM (view original):
yeah ingles was a panic move when I realized I had no 3s. Same reason I added Korver in the after draft. Deron Williams I like to put as a 6th man because he's not terrible at defense (70) and his efg% isn't going to destroy a team even tho its not great at 54.5%. He does get tons of assists in the second unit where I don't have to worry about those anymore. he might not be great, but thats my thought process with using him
He just hurts you so much in the possession battle. 17.7 tov% and 9.3 creb%. That would be terrible even if you didn’t have to play him next to Stockton who had worse numbers.
10/27/2023 2:35 PM
◂ Prev 123456
Midge52 rosters and commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.