Savage XIII Rosters/Commentary Topic

As usual my teams get routed in the random number generator that is the playoffs.
1/26/2024 6:42 AM
Why does this website waste our time on 82 games. Let’s just flip a coin to see if we make the playoffs then we can let the random numbers take us from there.

such a waste of my time.
1/26/2024 6:45 AM
Posted by steelers821 on 1/26/2024 6:45:00 AM (view original):
Why does this website waste our time on 82 games. Let’s just flip a coin to see if we make the playoffs then we can let the random numbers take us from there.

such a waste of my time.
Well, in W2, I think you have to put the records aside. You look at it and see 62-20 versus 45-37 but... if you set aside division play you both had exact 64.2% winning percentage outside of division so it is probably way more of a toss up than you think.
1/26/2024 8:31 AM (edited)
Posted by robusk on 1/26/2024 8:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by steelers821 on 1/26/2024 6:45:00 AM (view original):

such a waste of my time.
Well, in W2, I think you have to put the records aside. You look at it and see 62-20 versus 45-37 but... if you set aside division play you both had exact 64.2% winning percentage outside of division so it is probably way more of a toss up than you think.
I’d be a little more understanding if this toss up didn’t end with 2 home losses and my clean toul team going full hack a shack and pass the ball to the wrong team mode.
1/26/2024 8:37 AM
How about a team with the 4th best record in the entire league losing 4 in a row to a team from its own division with 10 less wins? Is there a toss up % for that one?
1/26/2024 3:30 PM
Posted by edsortails on 1/26/2024 3:30:00 PM (view original):
How about a team with the 4th best record in the entire league losing 4 in a row to a team from its own division with 10 less wins? Is there a toss up % for that one?
I feel for you Ed I had a very similar situation in bowis recently.
1/26/2024 3:38 PM
Posted by edsortails on 1/26/2024 3:30:00 PM (view original):
Funny because you don't seem to be bringing up the multiple upsets you've already pulled on the team in your division that won 22 more games than you, is coming off of a bye and you a 6 game series. Seems like you guys only ever discuss the games/rounds that don't go your way.

In a large enough sample there are going to be a lot of upsets. If they were absolute there would be no point in playing the games. They generally average out to where they are expected over a representative sample though.
1/26/2024 4:35 PM (edited)
I mean irl the Heat almost got knocked out of the play-in round, were the 8 seed, and then destroyed 3 of the top seeds in the East last year. I’d say if there weren’t upsets in WIS then it’d be unrealistic.

Plus rotations change in the playoffs. Teams with bad benches will get better when they get to play less bench minutes.
1/26/2024 4:48 PM
If I win the series I will completely say the way the game made it up to me is with an even bigger unlikely event.

Two wins means nothing. Especially since that team beat me all 8 times in the regular season. It is much better but it is not 8-0 better.

I do not expect to win that series.

But thanks for the input from the privileged side.
1/26/2024 5:21 PM
My team is toast.
Thats why my teams are all @$$ right now.

Checks standings, first place.
1/26/2024 5:23 PM
The randomness is frustrating, but it's no accident that there are certain guys who do consistently well. Rob isn't lucky that he's won 4x. When this whole thing started, both Rob & I were awful. Ben wasn't very good either. Those guys figured it out and are always competitive. They're not just lucky. Yes, randomness exists, and luck is a factor, but there's absolutely things they do that makes them consistently good. It sucks that some of us haven't figured it out and don't appear like we're going to do so, but yeah.
1/28/2024 2:09 AM
To be clear, I do not think rob succeeds because he is lucky. He is far and away the best there is at this game and I recognize that as an effort. It takes time and understanding to know the formula and stay ahead of the curve. I'd say time put in to the numbers is also what makes that 2-6 group of guys the same group of guys most of the time.
1/28/2024 6:32 AM
Posted by ashamael on 1/28/2024 2:09:00 AM (view original):
The randomness is frustrating, but it's no accident that there are certain guys who do consistently well. Rob isn't lucky that he's won 4x. When this whole thing started, both Rob & I were awful. Ben wasn't very good either. Those guys figured it out and are always competitive. They're not just lucky. Yes, randomness exists, and luck is a factor, but there's absolutely things they do that makes them consistently good. It sucks that some of us haven't figured it out and don't appear like we're going to do so, but yeah.
Well, you are tied for the second most top 5s of all time and the second most top 10s of all time (despite taking two seasons off). It's hard to say you haven't "figured it out."
1/28/2024 9:06 AM
Posted by edsortails on 1/28/2024 6:32:00 AM (view original):
To be clear, I do not think rob succeeds because he is lucky. He is far and away the best there is at this game and I recognize that as an effort. It takes time and understanding to know the formula and stay ahead of the curve. I'd say time put in to the numbers is also what makes that 2-6 group of guys the same group of guys most of the time.
Having a background in analytical type work certainly doesn't hurt.
1/28/2024 9:12 AM
I would much rather have had the team team I thought was set up to win a championship advance than a team that has no business knocking off one of the best teams in savage history, but here we are.
1/28/2024 2:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...32|33|34|35|36...38 Next ▸
Savage XIII Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.