West Virginia is not elite Topic

Posted by ddollison on 3/23/2024 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 3/23/2024 1:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sportsdouche on 3/23/2024 2:39:00 AM (view original):
You had a good run in the playoffs at BC but you got very lucky. Three coin flip wins in a row. You know it was mostly good luck so have some humility. It wasn’t luck, however, when I beat you by 40 in the conference championship, so I think we can agree I had the better team.
Nah, I changed game plans for every playoff game. Missouri played back 43. Michigan I came after the QB and matched his tendency. Notre Dame I switched to 52 to suppress his QB and RB’s. I knew exactly how to win. With a bigger roster like yours I can’t control the FIQ with 9 seniors. The fact is, you built it to have a RUN 25% of your cycle. That was your chance. Now I get to beat the dog s*t out of you when I adjust my scholarships. I’m already beating you in every recruiting battle. How many battles have you tried with me this cycle in both worlds and lost?
You can gameplan great all you want but luck can still factor in. Like a last minute fumble to spot you in field goal range. At least SD admits it when he gets a break, it's not you being superior at the inner workings of the game. If it were so you'd have many more accolades to show for it.
Like I said before, I enjoyed project. But you can see in the past few seasons when I’m changing gears on you. And it’s not luck, 3 advances in a row against superior opponents isn’t luck. A fumble is calculated by RB strength and the offensive line’s vs defensive = hard hits. Something you may not know. You’re welcome.
3/23/2024 3:26 PM
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 3/23/2024 3:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ddollison on 3/23/2024 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 3/23/2024 1:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sportsdouche on 3/23/2024 2:39:00 AM (view original):
You had a good run in the playoffs at BC but you got very lucky. Three coin flip wins in a row. You know it was mostly good luck so have some humility. It wasn’t luck, however, when I beat you by 40 in the conference championship, so I think we can agree I had the better team.
Nah, I changed game plans for every playoff game. Missouri played back 43. Michigan I came after the QB and matched his tendency. Notre Dame I switched to 52 to suppress his QB and RB’s. I knew exactly how to win. With a bigger roster like yours I can’t control the FIQ with 9 seniors. The fact is, you built it to have a RUN 25% of your cycle. That was your chance. Now I get to beat the dog s*t out of you when I adjust my scholarships. I’m already beating you in every recruiting battle. How many battles have you tried with me this cycle in both worlds and lost?
You can gameplan great all you want but luck can still factor in. Like a last minute fumble to spot you in field goal range. At least SD admits it when he gets a break, it's not you being superior at the inner workings of the game. If it were so you'd have many more accolades to show for it.
Like I said before, I enjoyed project. But you can see in the past few seasons when I’m changing gears on you. And it’s not luck, 3 advances in a row against superior opponents isn’t luck. A fumble is calculated by RB strength and the offensive line’s vs defensive = hard hits. Something you may not know. You’re welcome.
I just fumbled today late in the 4th against Miami. My OL average STR was 92.2. My RB STR was 91. Stamina levels were at 99 or 100 for everyone, not a factor. Their DL average STR was 90.67. Fortunately it didn't cost me the game, but it had nothing to do with superior attribute calculations. Just random timing that just happens sometimes on this game. And I had an onside kick recovered on me too. Care to share what attributes contribute to that that you have the secret inside info for? The fumble thing happened for you. Why, especially at the end of the game? Don't know, But nothing to do with you having superior knowledge.

But one thing I do know, I won 6 rings at WVU. Let me know when you get there.
3/23/2024 6:25 PM (edited)
with how many big east users each year? 3?
3/23/2024 7:16 PM
There's a a minimum % for situations that % rises based on other factors. You could have had a higher number of DL/LB in that area vs Blockers that outweighed the numbers. Theres a whole formula to it. Interceptions can be random but at a much smaller rate than fumbles. Throughout the whole game luck is very minimal to win you a game. There's a lot of strategic choices that can give a coach an edge. So you missed a game winning kick, not the engines fault. It's your fault, why did you only get to the 44 and not the 34? Why did you set the game plan to not conserve clock, why didn't you spend more minutes on the kickers strength vs stamina, etc. Why is your starting kicker a FR? Why did it have to come down to 3 points? Why did you recruit a weak legged kicker? Why did you put the range at 55? And thats just 1 play out of 160 total.
3/23/2024 7:23 PM (edited)
Onside kicking being recovered is higher than it should be, but it's not "Random" you have a certain FIQ, Kicker plays a factor. If you were down and needed an onside kick, I don't think you would care about why it went in your favor. But you still have to play defense.
3/23/2024 7:26 PM
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 3/23/2024 7:16:00 PM (view original):
with how many big east users each year? 3?
Oh, so we're doing this now? Well, I could go back and look at every Big East team every year I won and count I guess, but don't really care too. UConn and Rutgers usually had someone. Syracuse for a good while. DePaul and Louisville, Cincy some. USF definitely had someone at least part of it cause they won a title I remember. Probably Colorado St had someone at least some of the time. But that was still BCS era too, and I had to schedule tough Non-Conference to have a chance at the top 2. If there were only 3 Big East users any of those years I would have won some tough non-conference games. Even missed at least once when undefeated. I can certainly accept fluking my way to 1 title but not 6. And since you take great pride in your semifinal appearance at BC, I had 20 top 4 finishes at WVU in 30 seasons. I don't like to brag, but I do have more to brag about if I wanted to than you do. So does SD and many of the others you attack.
3/23/2024 7:51 PM
Congratulations, you did yourself well in the BCS area. But if I reach 6 in wilkinson thats 3x the accomplishment of your 6. thats where im trying to get at. And while you continue to yap at me, join wilk? or Leahy
3/23/2024 7:57 PM
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 3/23/2024 7:57:00 PM (view original):
Congratulations, you did yourself well in the BCS area. But if I reach 6 in wilkinson thats 3x the accomplishment of your 6. thats where im trying to get at. And while you continue to yap at me, join wilk? or Leahy
Talking about your plans to win six titles in Wilkinson when you’ve never won a playoff game is a bit much even for you, isn’t it?
3/23/2024 8:52 PM
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 3/23/2024 7:57:00 PM (view original):
I'm not working up a new world just for you. Leahy and Dobie are pretty comparable right now anyway. And 6 in Wilk is 3x Dobie just cause you say so? When you get to 6 in Wilk, or anywhere, I'll listen. Even Hayes. Not disrespecting Hayes, it just has the fewest coaches right now. Do it there even. I'll wait.
3/23/2024 8:57 PM
Saying Interceptions are more random than fumbles is just a wild claim

The chance of throwing an INT with a FIQ aboe 65 is rare and nearly non-existent over 75/80

Kick/punt Return TDs arent exactly random but turned up too high - Onside recoveries are turned up way too high and very random
3/23/2024 11:01 PM
He's right about Wilkinson. Without question the top D1 world. That's not debatable. If you are looking to compete against the best, it's Wilkinson.
3/24/2024 11:35 AM
Posted by rudyrude9 on 3/24/2024 11:36:00 AM (view original):
He's right about Wilkinson. Without question the top D1 world. That's not debatable. If you are looking to compete against the best, it's Wilkinson.
Not by 3x though. But like I said, let him do it in whatever world he thinks is the easiest.
3/24/2024 4:29 PM
Posted by ddollison on 3/24/2024 4:29:00 PM (view original):
Not by 3x though. But like I said, let him do it in whatever world he thinks is the easiest.
I'm in both Wilk and Dobie, and Alex is correct in that Wilk is definitely 3x harder than Dobie. I'm not great in either one but your top coaches in Dobie are you ddollison, chetty, cebrake and jjl58. That doesn't even fill one side of the great coaches in Beast of Wilk. You have perennial power jasonfreeman, ricemt, S_Cottrell, Natidawg, mpmershon, cebrake, chetty, tywebb, potter444, ez37, bkdries, and soupyjoe! Then you have the good but not great coaches right behind them in johnalanharr, wiredon, weerdio, sportsdouche and ebel331.
I'm not here to discount your wins at WVU, because I was at UConn for a few seasons while you were there and you did a great job. I'm just saying that it was nothing like Wilk is right now.
3/24/2024 6:27 PM
Posted by jhunterz on 3/24/2024 6:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ddollison on 3/24/2024 4:29:00 PM (view original):
I'm in both Wilk and Dobie, and Alex is correct in that Wilk is definitely 3x harder than Dobie. I'm not great in either one but your top coaches in Dobie are you ddollison, chetty, cebrake and jjl58. That doesn't even fill one side of the great coaches in Beast of Wilk. You have perennial power jasonfreeman, ricemt, S_Cottrell, Natidawg, mpmershon, cebrake, chetty, tywebb, potter444, ez37, bkdries, and soupyjoe! Then you have the good but not great coaches right behind them in johnalanharr, wiredon, weerdio, sportsdouche and ebel331.
I'm not here to discount your wins at WVU, because I was at UConn for a few seasons while you were there and you did a great job. I'm just saying that it was nothing like Wilk is right now.
Big East Wilkinson, absolutely, I'd definitely agree. And many of those coaches you mentioned can chirp at me all they want cause they can back it up. I'm just not taking it from Alek, who you did NOT mention out of the 17 coaches you named. And I hope he does well, cause I like seeing WVU do well. Just haven't seen him come close to backing up his talk yet, and he runs his mouth about his coaching skill more than all those 17 coaches combined. I think it'd be fun to compete there, but I only have one team for a reason and I don't want to spend several seasons of money climbing up to not even have a guaranteed spot when I got there. But I'm not trying to prove myself better than a bunch of other coaches I just enjoy playing and am fortunate to have won as much as I have.
3/25/2024 9:08 AM
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 3/23/2024 7:23:00 PM (view original):
There's a a minimum % for situations that % rises based on other factors. You could have had a higher number of DL/LB in that area vs Blockers that outweighed the numbers. Theres a whole formula to it. Interceptions can be random but at a much smaller rate than fumbles. Throughout the whole game luck is very minimal to win you a game. There's a lot of strategic choices that can give a coach an edge. So you missed a game winning kick, not the engines fault. It's your fault, why did you only get to the 44 and not the 34? Why did you set the game plan to not conserve clock, why didn't you spend more minutes on the kickers strength vs stamina, etc. Why is your starting kicker a FR? Why did it have to come down to 3 points? Why did you recruit a weak legged kicker? Why did you put the range at 55? And thats just 1 play out of 160 total.
Giving devs way too much credit lol. More like your particular kicker has a 75% chance of making a kick in the 4th qt at 46 yards, draw a random number, oh **** you drew 82, results in missed kick.
3/25/2024 9:31 AM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17 Next ▸
West Virginia is not elite Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.