The Midge52 Draft League #83 Rosters/Commentary Topic

13) riftonapple---skipping til the end

14) samuelyork93---this was a very solid draft all around and I have to get nit-picky again to even provide a critique. Deandre Jordan is great. But, A.D. and arguably Gobert are greater. Butler is one of the few SG's I even consider drafting but I probably put Dr. J ahead of him and I certainly would have drafted Embiid, Duncan, McHale, or Barkley before Butler. Nothing but kudos with your 3rd Rd pick of Vucevic. Were you surprised he fell to you? You can thank the idiot picking right b4 you for that (me). He was my 2nd choice but I decided to go with Favors and his Defense opposite Embiid and will probably regret passing on him. Michael Porter, great in the 4th Rd. I like Penny in the 5th. It looks like I passed on Vucevic when I shouldn't have and you felt sorry for me and passed on Aaron Gordon and Andersen in the 6th and 7th Rds when you shouldn't have. Iguodala and Nurkic aren't bad but I think Gordon and Andersen would have fit your team better and I am not sure I would play the season of Iggy's that you are playing. All of this aside--this is a playoff bound team.
1/6/2024 11:21 PM
15) berkelon--- at first glance this looks like a solid team. A.D. was absolutely the right pick in the 1st. But I fear the next 3 or 4 shiny named players that were attracted to you will end up being fool's gold. A fate that has happened to myself every $52 season I have played in except my 1st and my last seasons. KAT, Zion, and Ginobili. Should be great. Should be, but..... Portis slipping to the 5th is hard to pass up but he and Zion play the same position unless you are planning to play Zion out of position at SG? I have done it and it's just meh. Or, maybe they are backing each other up and Portis' overflow will go to the PF slot. De Wright and L. Sanders are excellent 6th and 7th Rd picks. Again, another owner playing the 1900 minute LoBall. I just don't like it. Go with the lower 78D one, he gives you 100 3PM and then you have extra $ to shore up some back up defenders and your team FG% which is just above 50%. Ultimately, I think having 3 very key high minute players (KAT/Zion/Portis) who are severely lacking on the Defensive end is going to be too hard to overcome, even with A.D., L. Sanders, and David West. I think you can get by with 1 very key high minute Defensive liability player in the $52, but not 3. I think this team will just fall short of the playoffs.
1/6/2024 11:52 PM (edited)
Looking forward to the analysis of my team!!
1/7/2024 5:37 PM
Ya me too! I've never used Harden before..
1/7/2024 5:43 PM
16) Benjoker--- Bird and Olajuwon should make for a great 1-2 punch. I do play the 90D Bird as well sometimes depending on the make-up of my team but there are 2 actually higher efg% seasons with lower D that I prefer. And then Kyle Anderson, it's vice versa. I see you are using a 71D season and I prefer the 90+D season. Boucher is so good but only a part-time player. I think the 4th Rd is a little early for Tree. I have heard some "experts" pooh-pooh Terry Porter but I don't buy it. I think he was a fantastic pick where you got him and for what you needed. Boy, when you draft Ayton you draft the big minutes Ayton. May be a little risky with his poor D, but you got him sandwhiched between 100D Hakeem and 90D Bird so it's worth a shot. I think this is a dangerous team but worry about your Fouls and your guys coming off the bench. Full disclosure--I did not put you high in the Division Draft I turned in to Midge but that has more to do with match-ups and me not really caring who I have in my division, I don't put much thought into that, I think your team is good enough to battle for a playoff spot.
1/7/2024 6:47 PM
17) beloud--- can I just say that b4 almost every season when I look at your team I am like, "oh these guys aren't all that, he's not going to do all that great." And then every season you kick a$$. I don't get it. This is the master of the $52 right here. He's won 3 of the last 7. Again, I am just being honest, when I look at your team I am not impressed. But then I look at your totals and percentages and I just shake my head. Haven't you won this with Fat Lever as your PG b4? Anyways, I bet you liked Gobert falling in your lap? That was a no brainer. But then, I hate Paul George especially where you took him. I think you picked Oscar way too early. Grant was a fantastic pick. Clarke is fine but just a partial player. Gafford is a good backup. I really dislike your Dej Murray pick. This team should not sniff the playoffs but I promise you it will be in contention for the Finals. It blows my mind. You have the uncanny ability of team building and getting all your #'s where you need them to be. Are you one of those that isn't really that into sports and are just a statistical genius? Just curious. You are one, if not the only owners to build a team with over a 2 to 1 Assists to TO ratio and yet every single one of your stat lines is solid. Your bench is great. I don't know what to say. I don't love your team but it will be in the Final 4.
1/7/2024 7:35 PM (edited)
18) kammeyer---welcome to the gang. We are happy to have some enthusiastic new blood join us. I have only been playing about 2 years and I love it. The $52 really hasn't been my strong suit but we had a couple of bad drafters last year and players really just fell into my lap. I have noticed that this draft was one of the better, more consistent ones that I have been a part of (aside from 2 undrafted players that should NEVER go undrafted that I will name later).Well bud, you started off strong. I love Moses Malone and I think you are going to love him too. Now, there has been a lot of discussion lately about the value of John Stockton and many of the "experts" aren't very high on him. They don't like his TO's or his lower Rebounding. I disagree, I love his assists, steals, and efg. Now, maybe you picked him a little early but I like him. Klay is a great outside shooter but he doesn't add much else to the stat line (see my review of beloud's team...he's the kind of guy beloud would probably rarely take). I think you had a brain fart when you took Nash. You already had your PG. Rebounding has gotten to be more important than assists in the sim. MqJ is fine, Parish is a great pick but there are a couple seasons of his better than the one you have chosen. Now, most people on here would say that Duncan Robinson was a terrible pick. I won't go that far. I think it's worth experimenting. His D is awful, he doesn't fill up your stat sheet really anywhere else but 3's and efg, But, let's see how it goes. I don't think you have a playoff contending team but you have a very interesting one that will be fun to coach.
1/7/2024 7:35 PM (edited)
I enjoyed your evaluation. Thanks!!!
1/7/2024 7:31 PM
19) longtallbrad--- imo this was a so-so draft. I am a big fan of Rodman. I wouldn't have gone with Drummond as his running mate in the 2nd Rd, not with Hakeem, Duncan, Dr. J, and McHale still out there. It looks like you had a plan and you knew you could get Alonzo in a later round and have Drummond and Rodman's rebounding around him. It's easy to sit here and Monday morning quarterback but I would rather of had McHale's high efg% and then Valanciunas in the 3rd. Billups, Mourning, and Conley, while all good sim players, I think were all drafted a little early. Sabonis and Ward are ok. This was an ok draft and will be an ok team, but think it will fall just shy of the playoffs.
1/7/2024 7:50 PM
20) PBandJ----well hello Mr. Victory aka Valanciunas. What a pleasant surprise that must of been having him fall into your lap in the 3rd. I am one of the many owners who will be cursing themselves for passing on him and Vucevic in the 3rd. It seems that Valanciunas has been on a lot of championship teams in the recent past if I recall correctly. So, I had Kawhi and Doncic in the recent Bowis 2 Franchise Theme and they did pretty good but I don't know that I would pair them up again. I love both of them but just not together. Maybe you will have better luck. 100D Nance and high efg Holmes are nice picks. K.Humphries provides some serious Rebounding support and I like West but not sure there weren't better other options here? This is a plaoff caliber team although I would have liked to have seen your Defense end up a little better.
1/7/2024 8:03 PM
* PUBLIC NOTICE * When I went to list the division draft, most squads looked pretty good to me, I didn't spend much time trying to split the hairs. Count me as a fan of random realignment ...
1/7/2024 8:15 PM (edited)
21) jackedjamie--- So, your 1st 2 picks Harden and Ben Wallace couldn't have been any better. Phenomenal combo there. Unfortunately, I honestly kinda feel the opposite for the rest of your draft. :(

I can't wait any longer or I am going to explode. I was waiting on everybody to enter their teams but there are no rules that say someone can't exit out, change their team, and come back in, so I am just going to say it. Bob McAdoo and Amare Stoudemire should NEVER go undrafted in the $52. There are not 10 Power Forwards better than them much less 24. You have no interior offensive scoring threats whatsoever that play any significant minutes. I love James Worthy. I am so happy to see him get some love. I will be rooting for you when you don't play me. I love to see guys like that succeed. But, if it were me, I would scratch my team except the guys you have drafted and try to find room for at least Amare. The best teams, it seems, tend to have an inside-outside scoring threat. Robert Williams is great, truth be known, I wanted him. Jarrett Allen is great, I use him all the time. They just aren't what you needed. Maybe we will both be smiling at the end of the season because Big Game James did the trick, but I wish you would have drafted Amare instead of Williams or Allen and still had room for Worthy. I don't see playoffs in this team's future. I hope I am wrong.
1/7/2024 8:23 PM
22) dakjd---while I didn't have this team highly ranked in the Division draft, I do think it has a lot of potential. Whiteside is fantastic although I wish he were more minutes. Wade is a solid player but it doesn't look like you have any other players on this team that play any significant minutes who are over 22.1% Usage. I haven't used Domantas Sabonis before and wonder if his draft status has been a little too high in recent drafts. Ibaka, Kirilenko, and Zubac are all solid players. Ingles intrigues me. Such awesome efg% but weak on Defense. I see you are testing the strategy of having several very high Defensive players to offset several low ones. I am sure there is some validity to that but I still say that the strategy is better suited to the ODL and I feel like it works better in the playoffs. But, you have to make it to the playoffs and I just don't believe that in an 82 game schedule you can hide 3 severely deficient players on Defense (Sabonis/Ingles/Zubac) If any team could do it, it would be this one with Whiteside/Wade/Kirilenko and Ibaka at 98 to 100D. But, I got to make a guess and I will guess that this one will not make the playoffs.
1/7/2024 11:18 PM
23) dontburnearl---so I got this team ranked 6th in the division draft but I didn't particularly agree with some of the players you drafted. I guess what I am saying is this is a pretty darn good team but could've been even better. K.G. is fine. I like him at SF but his low efg bothers me. I like Holiday but feel like ,you picked him too early. I like the idea of the Holiday & Bledsoe combo in the backcourt. And while Oladipo is a really good player, I would have gone a different route. Sure, your backcourt Defense is killer with those 3 but I think the $52 is more of a big man's game all around. I think when it got to the 4th Rd I would have picked Horace Grant and used a PF season of K.G.'s and then come back in the 5th Rd. with a CJ McCollum. You have Jrue and Bledsoe, 2 great Defensive guards, where an explosive Offensive backup like McCollum could have come in and torched teams without being a big liability on Defense. Look at the 3 guards you got and you still only ended up with 570 made 3's. (Yeah, they better be good on Defense.) I think you still could have gotten Jerry Lucas in the 6th (or Mcadoo or Amare). I think a lineup of Lucas-KG-Grant-Bledsoe-Jrue with CJ & Kanter coming off the bench would trump A.Bynum-Lucas-KG-Bledsoe-Jrue with Oladipo & Kanter coming off the bench. Just my opinion. This is still a playoff team.
1/7/2024 11:37 PM
24) seapilots---Bam & Capela are another great duo. Payton is not who I would have picked in the 3rd and I don't understand the logic behind Blaylock in the 5th. Now, I guess you are going to play Payton at SG and you aren't using one of his better rebounding seasons. John Collins, CJ McCollum, and Javale Mcgee are all A+ picks. I see you have spent $8.4 million on Anthony Mason. For $1 million more you could have Bob McAdoo and you could save $400,000 by going with Amare. What do you need Mason's Assists for, you are starting 2 point guards? This reminds me a little of gerryred's draft predicament--- a really, really good draft ruined by just one wrong pick. This doesn't mean you won't be in contention for a berth in the post season, it just means that you won't have a realistic shot at winning it all.
1/7/2024 11:56 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
The Midge52 Draft League #83 Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.