The Midge52 Draft League #83 Rosters/Commentary Topic

Thank you for the eval. After Harden, I was looking at Capela(missed by 3 picks) 3rd rd, wanted Jonas(missed by 1). I know I didn't draft much inside, I'm hoping that Worthy(someone i've always wanted to use) coming off of the bench will help as he's only 1% on the perimeter.
Also, I'm hoping my offensive rebounding and higher efg(why I didn't go with Stoud/McAdoo) with the front court guys off sets more shots being taken from within.
I've never done well in the 52, so I may have to come back to this eval for next season's draft!

Thanks again
1/8/2024 4:33 AM
Judging by those division drafts both my teams about to finish last lol
1/9/2024 7:08 PM
Posted by dakjd901 on 1/9/2024 7:08:00 PM (view original):
Judging by those division drafts both my teams about to finish last lol
Predictions are just for fun, wins and losses will tell the truth... let the games begin!
1/9/2024 8:27 PM
13) riftonapple----what was that iconic Bob Seger line, "I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."? I am sure you all have seen my rant by now on Power Forwards. Most notably, McAdoo and Amare went undrafted and also Buck Williams and Dale Davis among others. Had I known I could of gotten McAdoo in the last round or even after the draft, I would not have picked Embiid in the 2nd. When I made a comment in someone's review about this being more of a "big man's game", I really meant "more of a big man's draft". Guards and 3 point shooting are very important in this theme, I just can sometimes put together a SG or a PG with guys that haven't been drafted easier.

When I finished the draft and looked at my team, I was pleased. But then, when I started to see other entrants, I became worried. As I really analyzed my team, I realized that I drafted a great ODL team but not so great a $52 team. K.D., Embiid, Favors, Jackson, Bogut are all part-time players. It's actually not that easy to find a backup for K.D. at SF. I mean Jackson and Drexler were about my only choices if I wanted to hit all the marks.

Where this draft went off the rails is picking Favors in the 3rd Rd. Let's face it, me winning last season was more of a fluke and until I figure out that you just CANNOT pass on the likes of Vucevic or Valanciunas mid-3rd Rd or later, I'll never be consistently competitive in this theme. I already had Embiid and I was overly concerned about interior Defense. I should of picked Vucevic and had him back up Embiid and use his remaining 10 minutes backing up a very strong Defensive Power Forward (Mobley/Noah/Kemp etc.)

Bogut is fine, he's always performed well for me. I did not expect Aaron Gordon to be there in the 6th Rd (he shouldn't have). He probably doesn't fit this team great but I just couldn't pass on him. I had no idea until after I drafted Andersen that he is 99 at SF. So, he's really a SF but I can't have his low U there with KD. I should have gone with a little stronger rebounding without sacrificing too much D there.

I had so much $ left over and really needed D at the PG spot so I went with Walt Frazier. I don't think this team will hold up and will be scratching and clawing to try and make a playoff spot. It'll come down to the last couple games, I believe.
1/9/2024 8:40 PM (edited)
great job with the evals riftonapple!
I know this a lot of work to cover all 24 teams.
As usual a fun read and good insight on how
to build teams!!
1/9/2024 8:59 PM
11) rjk2781---- Chris Paul picked too early, C.Wood also picked too early. SGA shouldn't have been available but evenso, the big minute SGA doesn't fit this team (this is a big man's draft). Danny Green was a horrible pick in the 4th Rd. Marvin Williams is a very clean player but after the 1st 5 rounds you have 0 Big men. Just bad drafting at every spot. The 6th and 7th Rounds were good. I have always wanted to try the 22-23 season of Porzingis. He's not a great rebounder so other than C.Wood being an excellent DREB at SF (preferably SG), the cupboard was left bare.

rjk has gone awol and we hope he is ok. It's always worrisome when someone disappears as it could mean something very bad health-wise. I am so glad I have found wis, and I am enjoying some of the relationships that have grown out of it. I talk to Midge a lot and benhoidal and gerryred some. It's great having a common hobby that others understand. My wife and kids think I am crazy (I am), but it's a fun hobby and relatively inexpensive.

I have taken over rjk's team since it's been a week and we haven't heard from him and he hasn't opened up any sitemails. I decided that I would put my $ where my mouth is and try to implement McAdoo or Amare into his draft. I picked McAdoo because his rebounding and Defense are better and there's already tons of Usage on this team. I had to sacrifice some of his drafted players (Marvin Williams/SGA/DaGreen) and use some different seasons in order to try and get the Rebounding where I wanted it. I find it frustrating that Porzingis is only 99 at Center and while Eric Moreland is 100 at Center his Defense is 89 at Center but 90 at Power Forward.

I am having to play Ed Davis out of position a little (98) at backup SF but it should be fine. Ja Morant has more TO's than I'd like. I really wish he wouldn't have drafted him now in the 6th so I could've tried to use the higher minute SGA but oh well. My backups and their defensive matchups arent really lining up like I like them. This team really could've used a Donyell Marshall, Bobby Jones, Gerald Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Kyle Anderson, Kirilenko type a player.

We'll see how it goes but even though I get to try Porzingis, the situation is not ideal, in that I would have liked to have had more control of the others around him. I see this team as just under .500.
1/9/2024 9:07 PM
Now that game play has started, here are my All-Undrafted Teams

C: Patrick Ewing, Tom Boerwinkle, Kyle O’Quinn, Clifford Ray, Joel Przybilla
PF: Bob McAdoo, Buck Williams Amare Stoudemire, Mel Daniels, Dan Gadzuric, Cole Aldrich, Troy Murphy
SF: Al Horford, Ryan Anderson, Charlie Edge, Robert Covington, Chris Webber, A.C. Green, JaMychal Green
SG: Walt Frazier, Sidney Moncrief, Ray Allen, Eddie Jones, Ja Morant
PG: Deron Williams, Jason Terry, Jamaal Tinsley, Mark Price, Kevin Johnson, Jose Calderon, Rajon Rondo
1/11/2024 12:45 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 1/11/2024 12:45:00 PM (view original):

PF: Bob McAdoo, Buck Williams Amare Stoudemire, Mel Daniels, Dan Gadzuric, Cole Aldrich, Troy Murphy
SF: Al Horford, Ryan Anderson, Charlie Edge, Robert Covington, Chris Webber, A.C. Green, JaMychal Green
PG: Deron Williams, Jason Terry, Jamaal Tinsley, Mark Price, Kevin Johnson, Jose Calderon, Rajon Rondo
Buck Williams should always be drafted imo. Al horford might be situational but I think he’s worthy of being drafted most years. I didn’t really like Mcadoo based off last season but surprised to not see him on a team.
1/11/2024 1:06 PM
Nice work Brad, although I must point out that rjk2781 drafted Ja Morant.

If a tree falls down in a forest, but nobody is around to hear it does it still make a sound?

If a player is drafted, but the manager doesn’t complete his team does a rolling stone still gather no moss?

1/11/2024 1:07 PM
McAdoo is on the rjk2781 ghost team.
1/11/2024 1:08 PM
Posted by Midge on 1/11/2024 1:08:00 PM (view original):
McAdoo is on the rjk2781 ghost team.
But, he wasn't drafted.
1/12/2024 3:11 PM
Posted by steelers821 on 1/11/2024 1:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by longtallbrad on 1/11/2024 12:45:00 PM (view original):

Buck Williams should always be drafted imo. Al horford might be situational but I think he’s worthy of being drafted most years. I didn’t really like Mcadoo based off last season but surprised to not see him on a team.
Rondo and Boerwinkle are the devil.
1/12/2024 4:17 PM
◂ Prev 12345
The Midge52 Draft League #83 Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.