The Midge52 Draft League #83 Rosters/Commentary Topic

In no particular order, I like riftonapple's team, steelers, ty84moss, PBandJ, gerryred, and beloud.

10) ty84moss - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Julius Erving, Walker Kessler, Donyell Marshall, Shawn Kemp, Clyde Drexler, Tyus Jones
13) riftonapple - Kevin Durant, Joel Embiid, Derrick Favors, Jaren Jackson, Andrew Bogut, Aaron Gordon, Chris Anderson
17) beloud - Rudy Gobert, Paul George, Oscar Robertson, Horace Grant, Brandon Clarke, Daniel Gafford, Dejounte Murray
20) PBandJ - Kawhi Leonard, Luka Doncic, Jonas Valanciunas, Larry Nance, Richaun Holmes, Kris Humphries, Jerry West
8) steelers821 - David Robinson, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Derrick White, Kevin Love, Mo Bamba, Marquese Chriss
12) gerryred - Karl Malone, Tim Duncan, Shawn Marion, Brent Barry, Jakob Poeltl, Derek Harper, Cheick Diallo

1/3/2024 6:47 AM
This is my first rodeo doing a draft league so I’m not making any predictions. Heck, some of the players taken in the last two rounds I’ve never even heard of.

But I was reading through some old forums just now. Beloud seems to frequently have a very good team. First of all, I can’t believe Gobert fell to 17. But then beloud follows that up with Paul George and Oscar Robertson. Those are two guys that always under perform for me. So much so that I will not take them in any league regardless of the cap.

Point is, what does beloud know that I don’t? I’ll probably just wait until the all star break and try to analyze some stuff.

I’m not soliciting any answers or advice, I would like to try and figure it out. But I am honestly stumped, for now at least. I’m just hoping to have a .500 team.

GL to all!!
1/3/2024 3:48 PM

NBA72604
1/3/2024 3:59 PM
Posted by chewy3344 on 1/3/2024 6:47:00 AM (view original):
In no particular order, I like riftonapple's team, steelers, ty84moss, PBandJ, gerryred, and beloud.

10) ty84moss - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Julius Erving, Walker Kessler, Donyell Marshall, Shawn Kemp, Clyde Drexler, Tyus Jones
13) riftonapple - Kevin Durant, Joel Embiid, Derrick Favors, Jaren Jackson, Andrew Bogut, Aaron Gordon, Chris Anderson
17) beloud - Rudy Gobert, Paul George, Oscar Robertson, Horace Grant, Brandon Clarke, Daniel Gafford, Dejounte Murray
20) PBandJ - Kawhi Leonard, Luka Doncic, Jonas Valanciunas, Larry Nance, Richaun Holmes, Kris Humphries, Jerry West
8) steelers821 - David Robinson, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Derrick White, Kevin Love, Mo Bamba, Marquese Chriss
12) gerryred - Karl Malone, Tim Duncan, Shawn Marion, Brent Barry, Jakob Poeltl, Derek Harper, Cheick Diallo

Beloud looks like he’s about to get his 4th. I mostly agree with these teams.

mine idk my goal was to surround Barkley and Robinson with as many 3s as possible. I definitely did that but idk if the team is strong enough to win a title. We’ll see.
1/3/2024 4:23 PM
18-19 Paul George always underperforms offensively for me too. Sometimes horribly. Hopefully he's due for a good shooting season :) I feel like good perimeter defense is a must in this league if you don't want your team to get run out of the gym. There were only 8 drafted players that have 90+D on the perimeter and also give you 2800+ minutes. By the time my 2nd round pick came around, 4 of them (LeBron, MJ, CP3, & D Wade) had already been drafted. Of the remaining 4 (PG, Dr J, Payton, Pippen), George was the easy choice for me as he has the most 3PMs, lowest tov%, highest cReb, and highest usg, as well as the versatility to guard all 5 positions.

*edit* Forgot about Mikal Bridges and Jerry West who were both 6th round picks.
1/3/2024 4:55 PM (edited)
I’m getting run out of the gym, lol. I have Nash with a D rating of 40. :D
1/3/2024 6:07 PM
Posted by kammeyer on 1/3/2024 6:07:00 PM (view original):
Nash and Stockton should provide for some fun score boards but yeah I’ve learnt that having extra possessions are probably the most important thing in this league and neither have any rebounds and whole lot of turnovers.
1/3/2024 7:09 PM
Posted by kammeyer on 1/3/2024 6:07:00 PM (view original):
I think I tried the Stockton/Nash combo one year. It wasn’t a terrible year. I think I was like .500 that year with lots of high scoring games
1/3/2024 7:39 PM
Posted by beloud on 1/3/2024 5:32:00 AM (view original):
Fifty-deuce Caboose's full roster weighted averages:

Min: 19339
usg: 106.1
efg: 56.8
ft%: 74.6
3pm: 598
cReb: 136 (41.6 oReb, 94.4 dReb)
ast: 68.4
tov: 11.6
def: 82.0

Jeez hard to get even close to your numbers. I will say I think this teams efg will get closer to irl numbers. I feel like most seasons my team underperforms.
19527 242.9 73.76 709 2272 20.63 112.56 56.33 40.92 93.80 63.14 13.36 7.86 76.84 134.72
min Min/48 def 3s ftm fp48 usage efg oreb dreb ast tov FTA48 FT% CREb
1/3/2024 8:41 PM (edited)
not trying to split hairs but it does matter when your doing a search
it's Chris Andersen not Chris Anderson
1/3/2024 10:57 PM
I'll start submitting some reviews tonight and should have them all done by Saturday night.
1/5/2024 11:20 AM
Posted by riftonapple on 1/5/2024 11:20:00 AM (view original):
I'll start submitting some reviews tonight and should have them all done by Saturday night.
Thank you for doing that! I already know both of my teams are some of the worst I’ve drafted and that’s saying a lot lol
1/5/2024 7:29 PM
OK, so just know that this was only my 2nd non-progressive league Chip and, while I would say I am an above average owner, I am certainly by no means an "expert" in the likes of a chewy, benhoidal, raggedclaws, or etc.. But I am a die-hard fan of WIS and maybe it will be refreshing to get a layman's opinions/observations? And, maybe chewy and some others will chime in to confirm, deny, or opine on some of these blurbs so we can maybe all learn something. Here goes:

1) Copernicus---I actually won my 1st Chip with Gilmore as my Center (but he fell to me in the 4th Rd in the ODL). He has a lot of seasons to choose from and paired with the right players can be very effective. It's juvenile, I know, but I am not a fan of Zach Lavine just because it's almost sacrilegious for any other Guard for Chicago to have comparable Offensive #'s to Jordan. Realistically, I think his lack of D (and his TOs) is a big negative. I like Siakam and almost think maybe the sim has his rebounding %'s too low. Mason Plumlee seems to be a popular sim pick lately but I am not sure you are using the right season of his (chewy?)? I did not have a great experience with Lowry the one time I drafted him. You have Lebron so this team isn't going to be terrible but it looks like you may have run into Cap issues which is unusual (to me) in the $52. You have 6 players under 50 on D. I think this is about a .500 ball team.

2) Uptowngbv---Wilt the Stilt!! Great start. You broke my heart when you selected Chandler, but even though I dreamed of him sliding all the way down to me in the 3rd Round, he's not who I woulda picked in your shoes (Haliburton would of been my pick). D. Mitchell is an ok pick and I love me some Montrezl. I do think Beal and De Russell were mis-fires and both probably would of been undrafted. It will be interesting to see how you round out your team but I think this is another .500 ball club, thanks to Wilt.

3) dakjd---You ruined my whole draft board by picking Looney in the 5th. I really needed his Rebounding since KD doesn't know what an Offensive Rebound is and it totally screwed me. It was a GREAT pick for you, though. I know Jokic's recent season he is 100 at PF but I am not sold on him at that position for some reason. This was a solid draft all the way thru and I know that you wanted to retract your 7th Rd pick of Brook Lopez, but I bet you with his 90D and efficiency that his lack of rebounding won't kill you. I am interested to see how he performs with the big boys. I actually think this team is going to be better than you may think but in the end, your high fouls may catch up with you. 1st Round playoff team.

4) 24kpyrite---I am not a good enough owner to get the best out of Giannis and to pair him with the right guys. I tried once and it will be a long time b4 I try again. Respectfully, I fear you are going to be saying the same thing. I love Elton Brand but he's a SF and isn't Giannis a SF when you play him at his best spot? I think you have him at PF, maybe I am wrong? It just seems to me that you got a hodge-podge of guys and the last 3 you drafted you didn't have to draft to get them on your team. I would love to see Brandon do well for you at PG but I don't know if it will work as well as you may hope. Just shy of making the playoffs.

1/5/2024 11:12 PM
5) ysw128---so I failed to mention that I (an owner with only one previous CHIP) won last season with Steph Curry at the 3rd pick. He was right there and you and others passed on him?! Not that I don't like Shaq, but I think the last couple of owners missed a great opportunity. Big fan of Kyrie. Not sure if the rest of your picks will all be good fits? But, holy cow, your team has almost 6000 Rebounds!!! Can't wait to see how this turns out. I see you rounded out your subs with the high minute good LoBall season. I like his lower minute 78 D season better and think you could have gotten a better return by using that one and taken the leftover $ and improved your other bench players. I really am struggling to get a feel for how this team will do...I'll say they sneak into the playoffs but exit in the 1st Rd.

6) ronsouth1---you lucky son of a gun, Steph fell right into your lap. Fantastic pick, fantastic player. Walton is solid. Others are down on Magic and his high TO's but hey, it's probably one of the few times he slipped thru to the 3rd Rd, so who can complain? I can. You already have your PG, let Magic go. You coulda had Pippen, Camby, Kessler, Marion, or Vucevic. Not a wise choice, but man wouldn't it be awesome if Magic and Steph killed together and made me eat my words? Would love to see it and I would be happy to do so. Bobby Jones is solid. Your last 3 picks: Willis Reed, Dirk, and Mullin are non-traditional picks. I am rooting for you and them except when you play me but I am not sure the Sim feels the same way? Still, I think you can slip into the playoffs.
1/5/2024 11:50 PM
7) chewy3344---so I think it ****** chewy off that a chump like me won last season and he decided to really try this time. Pairing MJ with Dame together is going to be near un-defendable. And then he adds a front court of Camby, Mobley, Noah. Watch out!! Not sure I would have made the same selections in the 6th and 7th Rounds of Okafor and Okongwu but he is "the expert" and is it really going to matter? I have this team as the odds on favorite to win it all. Now, I have seen MJ and Dame paired together b4 in either this or the ODL and I remember they dominated the regular season but did not win a title. But different owner and different supporting cast this time.
1/6/2024 12:07 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
The Midge52 Draft League #83 Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.