Questions for the Q&A Topic

These are the ones I sent in....

1. At some point in the event tree, there is a decision for "does the shot go in?". I figure this has many factors but what are the factors for the shooter? Are LP and PER used or is just one or the other? Are point shots calculated differently? Are all 2 point shots calculated the same or are there variations in them? If there is a LP only shot, is speed used in that calculation?

2. This one is a little easier....in a vacuum, can you give us a rough esitimate of how much an AP is worth compared to a HV?

3. Without factoring in preferences, is a promised start worth more than a CV in regards to recruiting value?

4. Does SIMAI get credit for longtime coach in the recruiting preference?

5. Is the close to home the most powerful (giving the biggest recruiting multiplier) preference, if it is, what is the second most valauble?

6. In what offense does the PG's PASS rating (or team pass rating) the most important?

7. Guards with high ATH and some LP tend to score real well. Is this because the shooters metric is calculated using ATH,LP,SPD and BH while the defenders metric is calculated using the BLK score which is usually pretty low for guards?

8. Is there a cap to IQ? does it reach "100" and stop or just keep going?

9. Is the difference between a 100 and a 99 in a ability rating the same as the difference between 80 and 79?
1/25/2024 7:58 AM
While you're at it ask for Colonel Sander's secret recipe lmao
1/25/2024 8:13 AM
Here was mine

So please dont take this the wrong way - but my question is

Back in 2021 you mentioned job changes that spurred all sorts of interest and discussion and then nothing happened. So why are we supposed to believe anything will come out of us asking questions where its clear that no real changes outside out a tweak has been on the horizon for years. We've had more ownership changes than relelases.
1/25/2024 9:51 AM (edited)
Posted by dirti2 on 1/25/2024 8:14:00 AM (view original):
LOL
1/25/2024 5:19 PM
I am interested in any information they choose to provide regarding the mechanics of the game. There are some things I have always been curious about like if a point guard's Pass boosts his own shoot attempts. I would personally like to see a more in depth discussion of Zone defense especially as it compares to other defenses
1/25/2024 6:12 PM
They, or at least BillyG, has said that a point guards pass influences his scoring.

Understand zone is beyond me, I mean, I use it, I think I use it well but I’ll be damned if I think I understand it.
1/25/2024 7:01 PM
If I thought there was any chance for my question to be answered, I would submit it.

I've played this game for many years and have hundreds of seasons under my belt. There hasn't been a substantive update since 3.0. The game has changed hands many times and they only constant remains broken promises. I've gone from 4 teams down to 1, and I'm strongly considering dropping my last team and gently going into the night. What reason do I have to stay?
1/26/2024 3:37 PM
I pretty much play to see the recruits games. I got a Hugh Seeman that makes me laugh every time I see it.
1/26/2024 3:55 PM
Posted by Benis on 1/25/2024 5:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dirti2 on 1/25/2024 8:14:00 AM (view original):
LOL
hello?
1/27/2024 10:01 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 1/26/2024 3:55:00 PM (view original):
I pretty much play to see the recruits games. I got a Hugh Seeman that makes me laugh every time I see it.
I was sad to lose him.
1/28/2024 3:38 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by Trentonjoe on 1/25/2024 7:01:00 PM (view original):
They, or at least BillyG, has said that a point guards pass influences his scoring.

Understand zone is beyond me, I mean, I use it, I think I use it well but I’ll be damned if I think I understand it.
I tried for years before I eventually gave up. I think I had a hard time disconnecting zone in real life vs zone with RNG.
1/28/2024 3:41 PM
What happened to firings? I know the initial proposed criteria raised concerns for being too difficult. I think firings would add a good wrinkle to the game. If Kentucky is at an A baseline prestige, for example, and a coach has had 6 or 7 seasons at a B or below… should he keep that job?
2/10/2024 4:51 AM
Have the Q&A's that everyone submitted been addressed yet?
2/10/2024 10:20 PM
Has any consideration been given to the recruiting process to reward the team ahead at every update. This would make the "swoop" more difficult reflecting a long-term recruiting relationship. Other factors and preferences would still apply but this could make more deceive recruiting decisions more rewarded..

2/10/2024 11:32 PM
12 Next ▸
Questions for the Q&A Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.