Discord Community? Topic

Hey, been playing HD for a few years and trying out GD. For HD we have an active Discord with advice, tools, and mentors. Is there anything like that for GD or a community?

The forums here aren’t great to use and don’t appear to very active or current.

Thanks!
2/3/2024 3:01 PM
What you see is what you get.
2/5/2024 8:40 AM
Could always make one. I'd join it.
2/8/2024 5:58 PM
Posted by ksparks on 2/5/2024 8:40:00 AM (view original):
Thank you for not sugar coating it. Based on this, I've decided to drop the team. I see no point in essentially playing against the AI -- albeit better skilled "AI" in humans -- if there's no interaction beyond these (mostly) dead forums.

Man, Hoops Dynasty (HD) is completely different. The Conference in-game chat is front-and-center, people tend to use it, and the Discord is absolutely popping. It has about 1,000 members, channels for every world, and an active community. New coaches can ask questions, search for current and relevant topics, and there's even a channel with all the tools that coaches have used/created to help manage teams. There's even a mentor system where prospective new coaches can be paired up with an experienced coach who can help answer questions/nudge you along.

GD looks like it could be fun, but no community, no interaction, is no fun in my book. :(
3/1/2024 11:18 AM
abulia, its been a problem for a decade now for GD. We use to have youtube shows, podcasts, constant topic posts. People here have a poor attitude and no drive to make this game better because the game can be fun, just needs more interaction like you pointed out. I would be down for a discord.
3/1/2024 8:16 PM
Posted by Abulia on 3/1/2024 11:18:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ksparks on 2/5/2024 8:40:00 AM (view original):
Thank you for not sugar coating it. Based on this, I've decided to drop the team. I see no point in essentially playing against the AI -- albeit better skilled "AI" in humans -- if there's no interaction beyond these (mostly) dead forums.

Man, Hoops Dynasty (HD) is completely different. The Conference in-game chat is front-and-center, people tend to use it, and the Discord is absolutely popping. It has about 1,000 members, channels for every world, and an active community. New coaches can ask questions, search for current and relevant topics, and there's even a channel with all the tools that coaches have used/created to help manage teams. There's even a mentor system where prospective new coaches can be paired up with an experienced coach who can help answer questions/nudge you along.

GD looks like it could be fun, but no community, no interaction, is no fun in my book. :(
I would join a discord.
3/2/2024 12:41 AM
i had started a server a while back but wasn't sure it was best to move off the site and didn't complete all channel set up. would be willing to share and finish set up if people think it'd be valuable to have
3/2/2024 1:19 AM
Posted by the_dance07 on 3/2/2024 1:19:00 AM (view original):
i had started a server a while back but wasn't sure it was best to move off the site and didn't complete all channel set up. would be willing to share and finish set up if people think it'd be valuable to have
I don't know if it'd be valuable, but I'd join.

I'm back after about a 10 year break. I can barely remember what GD gameplay was like, but I know there was more of a community. Having some kind community activity would be nice, right now it's too quiet.
3/2/2024 7:57 AM
Seems like there is demand for something more. I say set it up!
3/2/2024 5:10 PM
Once , and for a long time, you could not get a team unless you woke up at 3 A.M. when they opened up and grabbed one. Every team was taken . Always.
Interaction was huge both in the forums and in your conf forums. The battles were tough for recruiting and to win games.
But the comraderie was great. Friends were made both in GD and sometimes in real life. Some guys would get together I believe in New Orleans where one of them had a restaurant.
Not sure how we have devolved to what we are now but it has been sad to see.
I'm probably dropping my 3 teams if any one interested. All 3 are NC contenders. And as those that know me know, I am not boasting. All 3 have been recruited and treated right. All 3 are one of top if not the top in average points per player in the world and of course with the emphasis on primary attributes.
I never know if I will be back but once again I am trying not to be.
3/3/2024 2:48 AM
Mojolad, I remember those days when every team was taken. This is my first season back in around 15 years or so. I remember when it was rare to not play a human opponent. It would be nice it somehow the worlds could be combined, but that would be a tough task and not real sure how it would work.
3/3/2024 8:02 AM
Discontinue one world at a time.let the people in it get first pick of a team in the other worlds.
Give at least 4 seasons notice so people have time to pick other teams.
Don't allow any new sign ups in the world that is closing.
3/3/2024 11:18 AM
Posted by mojolad on 3/3/2024 2:48:00 AM (view original):
Once , and for a long time, you could not get a team unless you woke up at 3 A.M. when they opened up and grabbed one. Every team was taken . Always.
Interaction was huge both in the forums and in your conf forums. The battles were tough for recruiting and to win games.
But the comraderie was great. Friends were made both in GD and sometimes in real life. Some guys would get together I believe in New Orleans where one of them had a restaurant.
Not sure how we have devolved to what we are now but it has been sad to see.
I'm probably dropping my 3 teams if any one interested. All 3 are NC contenders. And as those that know me know, I am not boasting. All 3 have been recruited and treated right. All 3 are one of top if not the top in average points per player in the world and of course with the emphasis on primary attributes.
I never know if I will be back but once again I am trying not to be.
I made that trip to New Orleans...learned a lot and won the SEC championship at Mississippi State in the second season after applying what I learned from the other users that were there. Man, that was a long time ago and I played under another username...with I could dig it up now.
3/3/2024 11:44 AM
I wish Discord had been around back in the heyday of the game. That would've been great. But now...

Apparently, I'm not the only one who's giving serious thought (again) to putting down the clipboard. Time was when the kind of problem the site had this last week would've been cataclysmic. Now it just adds to the feeling of resignation. That the owners of the game have no meaningful intention of investing to make the game better, or even just addressing its l-o-n-g-standing issues.

If EA Sports' College Football 25 is even half as good as the hype, I'm going to pick that up and never look back.

The crazy thing is the owners of Gridiron Dynasty had 11 years--eleven years!--to invest and build the game, build the brand, and leverage what was a large, loyal and enthusiastic fanbase and claim a significant portion of the galactic-sized opportunity created by EA's abandonment of college football fans in 2013. All that was needed to reap a very large reward was some investment and effort. But the owners of GD instead chose to do nothing. To. Do. Nothing.

Pathetic.
3/3/2024 8:29 PM (edited)
I wonder if they would ever be interested in selling it? Making it its own website/brand. It has a lot of bells and whistles that make it great.
3/3/2024 2:46 PM
12 Next ▸
Discord Community? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.