Discord Community? Topic

Alex, of course they would sell . In any deal it all comes down to a meeting of the minds . Where the offer satisfies the seller. It usually takes some negotiating. But once both parties are satisfied a deal is concluded. It aint Rocket Science.
But the first step starts with someone be it an individual or a group making a sincere offer on paper so the seller realizes there is something to talk about.
Just speculating about it here in the forums is pure mental masturbation.
3/3/2024 3:54 PM
OK...With whom do we begin these negotiations? Let's find a price and then put together the $$ and blow this thing up.
3/4/2024 8:23 AM
With some background in managing software develop projects, my suspicion is it would be better to take any money that would be used to buy Gridiron Dynasty and instead invest it in building something new from scratch. Seriously. The GD code, both backend and frontend, is likely so old and out of date at this point, if you bought it, you'd end up having to rebuild it from scratch anyway. Especially if you wanted (needed) to add updated features and capabilities.

At this point, the value of Gridiron Dynasty may only be in the brand. And I personally don't think that's worth much anymore. I believe word of mouth would probably get many of the current and past players to give the new game a try. Add in a modicum of actual marketing and you probably stand a good chance of surpassing GD in number of players fairly quickly.

That's my opinion anyway. Which to be fair may not be worth a lot itself.
3/4/2024 10:43 AM (edited)
Geez, I joined after a 10+ year hiatus and it sucks to hear this feedback.
3/4/2024 2:19 PM
Posted by mojolad on 3/3/2024 2:48:00 AM (view original):
Once , and for a long time, you could not get a team unless you woke up at 3 A.M. when they opened up and grabbed one. Every team was taken . Always.
Interaction was huge both in the forums and in your conf forums. The battles were tough for recruiting and to win games.
But the comraderie was great. Friends were made both in GD and sometimes in real life. Some guys would get together I believe in New Orleans where one of them had a restaurant.
Not sure how we have devolved to what we are now but it has been sad to see.
I'm probably dropping my 3 teams if any one interested. All 3 are NC contenders. And as those that know me know, I am not boasting. All 3 have been recruited and treated right. All 3 are one of top if not the top in average points per player in the world and of course with the emphasis on primary attributes.
I never know if I will be back but once again I am trying not to be.
Holy ****, that sounds AMAZING! I would totally love to play that game and with that community!

I do apologize if I've set anyone off with my inquiries. Just as a potential new player coming from HD, these forums are like a desert. Every pinned post had dead links, the tools are all dead and gone, etc. In my mind I kind of just "assumed" that there was a Discord and all you coaches were hanging out there, having a great time, sharing stories/tips/tools, etc. Instead it sounds like a few of you are thinking of leaving. That's too bad.

I fumbled my way through recruiting but once I got word that there was no consolidated community I walked away from the team. I think they made the playoffs (Thiel/Wilkenson) on auto-pilot?
3/5/2024 12:17 PM
Re: back to the idea of a Discord and kicking things back off, the issue I see is that you have a small, de-centralized/disjointed group of coaches who are passionate about the game but factured by world and how to communicate. A Discord channel could help change that.

My suggestion would be to stand up the channel, open to all, but have a concerted effort for all the members on that Discord to take a team from one world as the Discord's "official" world. In essence, try to build a fun and competitive mass of coaches to start. That way they can all talk about the same games, recruitment challenges, etc. You could, of course, have teams on other worlds and the Discord would welcome and support coaches from every world; we'd just ask that you have a team on the "official" world when you join.

Then, as people hit the forums and visit, direct them to the Discord. Maybe see if WIS would be willing to put a link on the GD Office Page with a link to the Discord, like they do for HD.

That'd be my suggestion for trying to jump-start some community involvement and get people re-energized. Also a way to get new players (like me) engaged and able to "feed" off your experiences and passion.
3/5/2024 12:24 PM
Count me in if there's ever a Discord. Played HD for years and GD off and on and never gave GD as much attention because the resources and information was so limited in comparison.
3/13/2024 1:21 PM
Posted by josh4q on 3/13/2024 1:21:00 PM (view original):
Count me in if there's ever a Discord. Played HD for years and GD off and on and never gave GD as much attention because the resources and information was so limited in comparison.
It's there and not sure if you're on it yet, but join us!

https://discord.gg/Au32Z24UqZ
3/21/2024 1:12 PM
Posted by Abulia on 3/21/2024 1:12:00 PM (view original):

"Unable to accept invite."
3/21/2024 2:03 PM
Posted by DeBeque on 3/21/2024 2:03:00 PM (view original):

Um, that's weird! Sure you used it correctly? I only ask because I can see in the server that 6 people have successfully used that link and it does not expire.
3/25/2024 5:54 PM
Posted by Abulia on 3/25/2024 5:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DeBeque on 3/21/2024 2:03:00 PM (view original):

Um, that's weird! Sure you used it correctly? I only ask because I can see in the server that 6 people have successfully used that link and it does not expire.
I copied and pasted your link. It has a box in the middle saying you invited me to the discord. It has a blue strip labeled "Accept invite." I click on that and it says "Unable to accept invite." This will repeat as many times as I click the blue strip.

Don't worry about me, I'm satisfied with these forums.
3/26/2024 12:43 PM
◂ Prev 12
Discord Community? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.