Savage XIV Rosters/Commentary Topic

Posted by dBKC on 4/1/2024 9:07:00 AM (view original):
1 win behind 2nd place. This makes me :)
17 wins behind 1st place. This makes me :(
You all remember Ben finished 18 regular season games ahead of second place last season and lost right? This thing is still wide open and anyone's game.
4/1/2024 10:38 AM
Looking forward to setting the all time record for 2-3 cycles in a single Savage.

What with our chase for most 40+ point 4th quarters given up, this is turning into quite a can't miss spectacle. Rewriting the record books from the bottom up!!!!
4/1/2024 7:35 PM
Posted by edsortails on 4/1/2024 7:35:00 PM (view original):
Looking forward to setting the all time record for 2-3 cycles in a single Savage.

What with our chase for most 40+ point 4th quarters given up, this is turning into quite a can't miss spectacle. Rewriting the record books from the bottom up!!!!
Hopefully it is the same two teams that keep winning
4/1/2024 7:52 PM
4 teams are rotating one of the wins. I have one team winning fairly regularly but unfortunately that team is buried behind the larger than life Boyd Crowder team. Super impressive squad.
4/1/2024 7:59 PM
My squad has been exposed in inter-conference play. L7 for my best team. My worst team is the only one doing decent right now.
4/2/2024 2:04 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 4/2/2024 2:04:00 PM (view original):
My squad has been exposed in inter-conference play. L7 for my best team. My worst team is the only one doing decent right now.
Same the two teams that were doing well are on long losing streaks. My bad teams are also at best just doing ok ooc.
4/2/2024 2:21 PM
Michael Jordan RL: 1072 games, fouled out 11 times
Michael Jordan Savage Season 14: 185 games, fouled out 13 times, left the game early 16 times with foul trouble
4/3/2024 8:36 AM
2-3 in 10 of the last 14 cycles. Complete depression at this point.

Shawn Marion and Bob Lanier make Wade, Duncan, and Gerald Wallace 25 games better at the all star break than Horace Grant and Willis Reed do.
I did not see that coming.
4/3/2024 2:23 PM
Posted by edsortails on 4/3/2024 2:23:00 PM (view original):
2-3 in 10 of the last 14 cycles. Complete depression at this point.

Shawn Marion and Bob Lanier make Wade, Duncan, and Gerald Wallace 25 games better at the all star break than Horace Grant and Willis Reed do.
I did not see that coming.
I see you keep ascribing the blame to Reed and Grant but I think they were pretty good picks and that it is misplaced blame. Marion is a bit better than Grant but I don't think it is by much and Reed is a hell of a lot better than Lanier. I think the larger issue is that:
  • Hardaway + Blaylock versus Walker + Pressey is pretty neutral so not that; although the former is definitely a handful of wins better.
  • Ball and Havlicek are both wasted picks so not that
  • Ingles was the same wasted pick on both teams so not that

Ahh, here we are:
  • Zion + Varejao + Nerlens is >>>>>>>>>>> Bogut + Moon + Worthy. That is surely almost 25 wins right there.
4/3/2024 3:12 PM (edited)
After OOC play, Rob's lead has grown to 19 games (39 points with the 5-team bonus)! I wasn't here for the record breaking season, so no idea what the pace is like, but we're potentially looking at a 60 point lead by the time the playoffs arrive!
4/3/2024 4:32 PM
Posted by ashamael on 4/3/2024 4:32:00 PM (view original):
After OOC play, Rob's lead has grown to 19 games (39 points with the 5-team bonus)! I wasn't here for the record breaking season, so no idea what the pace is like, but we're potentially looking at a 60 point lead by the time the playoffs arrive!
It’s not even close. Estimated final wins is 14 wins off the record. That team was ridiculous. At like the 65 game mark it had the five best records in all of Savage.

This team is pretty similar to Ben’s from last season (and just as vulnerable!)
4/3/2024 4:38 PM
I do feel like I got a significant amount more production out of Marion than Grant, although Horace has been on a slight up tick lately so maybe the gap will decrease.
Penny and Mookie give 3 definite better teams but over 5 I thought Kemba and Pressey would make that about neutral and to my eye it comes close.
It is clear you don't like Bogut so I am sure there are 100 reasons that is right, but with Reed in front of him, I ask almost nothing of him and I think he has 5 seasons of just enough to not be asked much of to get by.
I hate not having Zion. Nerlens too, he's very underrated in what he can provide.
The thing with Reed is that I really thought he was going to put this over the top. I'd take him 100 times out of 100 over Lanier. He just hasn't made me better in the way I wanted him to.
4/3/2024 7:49 PM
Also your division & conference play a huge role in everything. I haven't looked, but I have to be near the top of the list of least difficult draws this time, and my record reflects that. Matchups are also key. Rob is a dominating #1 right now but has matched up poorly with my squad thus far.

And then there's the sim itself.

Personally, I think Horace is fantastic, but comparing him and the Matrix is kind of like comparing apples and oranges. Matrix is more of a #3 offensive option; Horace is more of a do other things and occasionally score guy. I've never liked neither Lanier nor Reed overly much, but both make sense in this league.

And, yeah, Nerlens Noel has incredible value in this format.
4/3/2024 8:02 PM
Posted by ashamael on 4/3/2024 8:02:00 PM (view original):
Also your division & conference play a huge role in everything. I haven't looked, but I have to be near the top of the list of least difficult draws this time, and my record reflects that. Matchups are also key. Rob is a dominating #1 right now but has matched up poorly with my squad thus far.

And then there's the sim itself.

Personally, I think Horace is fantastic, but comparing him and the Matrix is kind of like comparing apples and oranges. Matrix is more of a #3 offensive option; Horace is more of a do other things and occasionally score guy. I've never liked neither Lanier nor Reed overly much, but both make sense in this league.

And, yeah, Nerlens Noel has incredible value in this format.
Yes, this is very on point. ed had the 4th easiest schedule last season, as of now (ever evolving so take it with that knowledge) ed is marked with the 9th hardest currently.

And to stick with the very on point theme ash, you are correct again. You are currently scored as having the easiest draw.
4/3/2024 9:32 PM
My worst team has my best record so I imagine my schedule ain't great
4/3/2024 9:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...21|22|23|24|25...27 Next ▸
Savage XIV Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.