Savage XIV Rosters/Commentary Topic

Posted by Midge on 3/28/2024 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 3/28/2024 11:44:00 AM (view original):
I think we would all have a hard time coping with it going away if WiS ever goes under… even if checking the results of each cycle raises my heart rate and blood pressure twice a day.
I started playing baseball again so for me it’s five times a day. Sometimes I get frustrated with it and think about quitting, but it would leave such a void in my life I wouldn’t know what to do. At some point I decided that I’m not here for the wins, I’m here for the people.
Aw dude, we can never quit this. This is the most fun with a hobby other than golf I have had in my lifetime. I play some baseball as well
and it's fantastic, too. But, until I retire I can only play in so many themes. That's why I have waited so long to join Savage.

I find it amazing that more people aren't into this site or that they don't reward us more to recruit new players. I don't know, a few of my friends who I thought would really like this, it just doesn't seem to interest them. I don't get it.
3/28/2024 3:38 PM
Ok. Out of Conference Play coming....

Will it be this?

Or this?

Or this?
3/28/2024 4:24 PM
#3 for me unfortunately.
3/28/2024 9:09 PM
I think the rest of us are going to need it to be a disaster rob :)
3/29/2024 2:08 PM
New idea: Relegation: Anybody who wins six crowns has to sit out the next one... just to give everyone else a chance. This is brutal! No amount of poor mouthing about raw numbers is going convince anybody otherwise!

(I'm mostly joking. But also... seriously... what the hell, man?!)
3/30/2024 6:42 PM
Posted by ashamael on 3/30/2024 6:42:00 PM (view original):
New idea: Relegation: Anybody who wins six crowns has to sit out the next one... just to give everyone else a chance. This is brutal! No amount of poor mouthing about raw numbers is going convince anybody otherwise!

(I'm mostly joking. But also... seriously... what the hell, man?!)
Maybe we should tie one hand behind his back. No third rounder lol.
3/30/2024 6:48 PM
Sh******... between the thousands of posts, tons of audio and video I have given you guys, you all know everything that I know. There are no secrets left to share, I can't handicap myself anymore, I've told you all there is. I've even automated the spreadhseets so you can see it all realtime / given you all the historical data so you can mine it all you want. How much more can I kneecap myself?
3/30/2024 9:26 PM (edited)
I know you are all f'ing around btw but just saying, I have actually tied a few hands behind my back.
3/30/2024 9:30 PM
All your contributions are appreciated. Just like Ash in the past you’ve taught us all a lot. You may be handicapping yourself but it seems like you’re only getting farther and farther ahead. But I’m sure we’d all love to knock you off at your best.
3/30/2024 11:09 PM
Posted by robusk on 3/30/2024 9:26:00 PM (view original):
Sh******... between the thousands of posts, tons of audio and video I have given you guys, you all know everything that I know. There are no secrets left to share, I can't handicap myself anymore, I've told you all there is. I've even automated the spreadhseets so you can see it all realtime / given you all the historical data so you can mine it all you want. How much more can I kneecap myself?
Eh, you have created some pretty great personal tools that you have not - to my knowledge, at least - ever shared (don't. ever.) and have figured out a better evaluation than anybody else. So, yeah, as long as you've got that, you're going to have a leg up on everybody, even if you weren't one of the best game managers and coaches this site has ever seen, which you are, so we're obviously boned!

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusable seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasons

Before I started using my own (flawed) tools, I was garbage at this theme. Once I figured some stuff out (with help) and made some decent databases (again, with help), I got better. And yet, my tools spit out players saying they're great while your tools say are ****, and since you've won the thing five times - and are cruising to number six - and I've done zero, your evaluation is clearly superior to mine.

Even if you shared all of your personal evaluation tools, people wouldn't read into them or use them as well as you. You have an impossible perspective to replicate, and the only way that's going to change is if someone figures it out even better than you have and applies it for a long period of time, so it really doesn't matter how much you've shared or share in the future. You've got this thing down, and dammit, I'm ******* proud of you for that! You and I both struggled with this league at the start, and we put our heads together - along with a few really smart people - to try and figure it out. We all made progress, but you figured it out better than all of those people combined! You downplay your own brilliance. I don't know if it's an attempt to remain humble, a superstitious thing, or if maybe you're like so many great artists who just don't see themselves how the rest of the world sees them. Could be a little bit of all three.

What I'm saying - if I'm saying anything at all - is that there's no real secret sauce you can share with everyone to make them... you. Even if you gave everybody every tool you've made or used, at the end of the day, any of these elite leagues are about choices and decision making, and nobody has a better track record of making those choices in this league than you. So wear your crown, Savage King, and wear it proudly. Just don't get too upset when the rest of us plebs call you out for first world problems: "Oh no, I'm only 15 games ahead of 2nd place!" hahaha (I know you never said that, but it's what I see when you're doing your little Rob superstitious complaining lol)

Happy Easter, Rob, and everybody else, too!
3/31/2024 4:47 AM (edited)
I have said in the past that at the end of the draft you could swap rob's roster with anyone else and he would take that roster and win with it. Nothing has happened to change my belief.
(and his response has always been "nah, there's too many great owners here")

Plus, most every other owner would do better than they would have if they were the ones on the other end of that swap.
3/31/2024 5:34 AM
lol I dunno who you guys were paying attention to in those videos but I was the one who was an idiot.
3/31/2024 7:40 AM
Happy easter to you too ash and everyone who celebrates it.
3/31/2024 7:41 AM

Eh, you have created some pretty great personal tools that you have not - to my knowledge, at least - ever shared (don't. ever.) and have figured out a better evaluation than anybody else.

I feel like I gone behind the curtains quite a bit on it... I know based on conversations I have had with people and the way I have seen a couple of people start team building that some people have generally reverse engineered the methodology.

and are cruising to number six - and I've done zero

Far from cruising to six... hell I may not even finish in the top three! There are a lot of good teams this season. I love your team, I think this is your best build since season four. I think you totally have a chance of winning it this season.

we put our heads together - along with a few really smart people - to try and figure it out

This is the thing that helps the most. When I was struggling I SM'd kinoa and benhoidal, I talked a lot with 24kpyrite, jhsukow, Midge, ashamael, jkaye24, NotoriousJ and dBKC over tons of different ideas and strategies. Currently I talk a lot with steelers, jcred5, dontburnearl, chewy, raggedclaws, pbandj, whoever else is in the discord (and the same original crew). Any time anyone has SM'd me their team and asked what they did wrong, what I would have done differently, I have put in the time to give them a lengthy analysis because of the help I got after I had a garbage S2. The people on this site who will always have the hardest time are the people who are convinced they know better than everyone else despite the results telling them differently in perpetuity.

3/31/2024 7:54 AM
1 win behind 2nd place. This makes me :)
17 wins behind 1st place. This makes me :(
4/1/2024 9:07 AM
◂ Prev 1...20|21|22|23|24...27 Next ▸
Savage XIV Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.