Savage XIV Rosters/Commentary Topic

what are the tanking playoff rules again? I can't seem to find them. Just want to make sure I don't inadvertently violate them because my fatigue situation gets complicated quickly with all the partial season Brent Barry, Nic Batum, Chris Boucher, and Marcus Camby seasons.
4/27/2024 2:18 AM
Posted by ashamael on 4/27/2024 2:18:00 AM (view original):
what are the tanking playoff rules again? I can't seem to find them. Just want to make sure I don't inadvertently violate them because my fatigue situation gets complicated quickly with all the partial season Brent Barry, Nic Batum, Chris Boucher, and Marcus Camby seasons.
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=541406&threadID=12623678#l_12623678
4/27/2024 8:22 AM
thank you!
4/28/2024 1:29 AM
One down, and it was my best overall squad. If I can't win this season - which I won't - I'll never win this thing.
4/29/2024 5:05 PM
Give me savage 15 already…
4/30/2024 2:16 PM
I feel like I am a heavy, heavy underdog in one series, a slight underdog in another series and maybe only slight favorites in the other two. Really all four teams are horrible matchups for me. I might feel lucky to win even like 8 games total this round and feel like I might not get a single team out of the round.
4/30/2024 2:57 PM
I just looked............ My combined record against my round 2 opponents in the regular season is 8-14!!! That is a big yikes dude. I may very well get smoked actually.
4/30/2024 2:59 PM
Posted by robusk on 4/30/2024 2:57:00 PM (view original):
I feel like I am a heavy, heavy underdog in one series, a slight underdog in another series and maybe only slight favorites in the other two. Really all four teams are horrible matchups for me. I might feel lucky to win even like 8 games total this round and feel like I might not get a single team out of the round.
My eyes are rolling out of my head

;)
4/30/2024 4:59 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 4/30/2024 4:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 4/30/2024 2:57:00 PM (view original):
My eyes are rolling out of my head

;)
Yeah everyone rolled their eyes when I said my team would struggle in the second half of the season too. I only have a winning record against one of these these teams. It isn't forum nonsense... I'm in real trouble.
4/30/2024 9:06 PM
so i think robusk will win savage again unless ragged wins 2 titles right?

just incredible team building rob...i was rooting for the upset but now i wanna see my boy chauncey get a savage crown...picturing him at the parade now: "they said i was washed up..no one wins with traditional point guards anymore...i dont rebound enough or shoot 2s well enough...but coach rob believed and now im a savage champion, f*ck the haters!!!"
5/5/2024 12:11 AM
Posted by dh555 on 5/5/2024 12:11:00 AM (view original):

just incredible team building rob...i was rooting for the upset but now i wanna see my boy chauncey get a savage crown...picturing him at the parade now: "they said i was washed up..no one wins with traditional point guards anymore...i dont rebound enough or shoot 2s well enough...but coach rob believed and now im a savage champion, f*ck the haters!!!"
jcred5 and tarheel are still alive as well. raggedclaws can still win with only one title. I still have quite a lot of work to do with two barely beatable opponents in the conference finals followed by unbeatable opponents in the finals on the very off chance I make it there. Still not there yet.
5/7/2024 8:56 AM (edited)
Posted by robusk on 5/5/2024 6:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 5/5/2024 12:11:00 AM (view original):

jcred5 is still alive as well. raggedclaws can still win with only one title. I still have quite a lot of work to do with two barely beatable opponents in the conference finals followed by unbeatable opponents in the finals on the very off chance I make it there. Still not there yet.
Theoretically my path isn't horrible... also theoretically I shouldn't have lost to gerry in W5, who I was 7-1 against in the reg season. Black Widow is on a real heater.

Tough to picture taking home the trophy in W4, though.
5/5/2024 1:12 PM
Well, 0-2 first cycle is a real easy start to blowing this whole thing. I am just destined to eat sh** here.
5/5/2024 1:56 PM (edited)
Time to evaluate the eval'er. Almost forgot I did these
5/5/2024 8:38 PM
Posted by jcred5 on 3/3/2024 1:39:00 PM (view original):
I’m going to drop these as I chip away over the next few days.

13: Midge – Kareem at 13 is a good value. He’s really dropped the last couple drafts, I assume because more are focusing on the lack of PF eligibility. Fair to do so, but my new metrics have Kareem and Howard pretty close. Howard definitely gives more flexibility with the PF eligibility, but at 13 I think it’s a great pick. Then you had to muck it up with Towns. I like Towns, but Kareem can’t cover him at all. If you think of some of the PF you won’t want to see like Giannis, Malone, AD, Kemp, Howard, Stoudemire, Dirk… those guys will all do pretty well. Hopefully your division is light on PF eligible scorers. If you were keen to go double big I like Capela, Kemp or Chandler here better. But you should have gone Kyrie, Nance, Pippen. Just take the best value.

I like Frazier with Kareem and Towns. They pass enough not to limit you at SG/SF. Great D, solid boards and reasonably clean. Haliburton I do not get. I wouldn’t want to play him next Frazier and if there’s a season or two of Frazier you don’t like that’s awfully early to get a back up. And I think Haliburton is generally a little overrated. His best season has 16.7 TO% and the other seasons he’s a part time pretty efficient PG. I don’t love Ray Allen in general, less with Frazier. I understand wanting to make sure you have the 3’s, but someone who rebounds and/or gets TO’s with the 3’s would like Porter/Covington/Batum might have been better. Cowens is solid and starting to get drafted closer to his value. He won’t wow you anywhere except D and maybe helps with Towns. I like Terry Tyler, just kind of early.

I don’t get where McCray fits in. Maybe he takes some Ray Allen minutes, maybe you have a Haliburton McCray backcourt at times. He’s just ok and I don’t like him at SF. “A tradition unlike any other…. Midge taking Bailey Howell for the 7th straight time by my count”. I think Gerry only drafted Price 5 straight times? (glad to see him back home this time Gerry!). Bailey Howell is fine, but maybe see if you can get him in the 12th instead of the 10th. Maybe no one else appreciates Bailey as much as you and you can grab some other value here. Rasheed is good value here and Torrey Craig is fine for a 12th rounder.

I’ll share a brief draft overview later to give context to each eval, I have Midge in the 15-20 range. I could see closer to 10-12 if a couple teams make a run and Midge has shown the ability to put together 1 or 2 pretty strong teams.

Overall Prediction: 15-20
Individual League Championship O/U: + 750
Savage Title Odds: + 2,000
Draft Grade: C-
Texting me that I’m up while I’m at work or out: A+
Finished 20, pretty sure that won't change.

Highlights: KAT was hard to pair, Haliburton a tough as well.
Lowlights: not many. Kinda nailed it

Better luck next time Midge, I do think your team was a lot closer to being good/competitive than 20th would suggest.
5/5/2024 8:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...25|26|27|28 Next ▸
Savage XIV Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.