It's not clear to me how this is computed. I know my opponents' W-L record is important, but what about their WIS ranking? Does it consider the difficulty of my opponents' schedules?
2/23/2024 1:50 PM
There is some sort of "extra" calculation than straight Opponent Win% (although it seems to be overwhelmingly number 1 component) because if you look at Top 10 SOS on side of WIS rankings it rarely goes in exact Opp W% order
2/23/2024 6:43 PM
think you can find this if you search forums, but iirc it's 2/3 opponents win% and 1/3 opponents opponents win%
2/25/2024 12:10 AM
When I was unemployed and screwing around with math I found that opponent win percentage almost exclusively predicts SOS. There may be another factor, but its minimal.
2/25/2024 10:07 PM
SOS stands for strength of schedule. It's calculated as 67% opponents' winning percentage (OWP) and 33% opponents' opponents' winning percentage (OOWP) - the same ratio as in the RPI formula.

https://help.whatifsports.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014115492-What-is-SOS
2/27/2024 9:32 PM
I've felt for a while they should move to talent based SOS. Particularly given the lack of upsets in the game engine.
2/28/2024 10:54 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.