Makeup’s role in ratings increases Topic

Is the role that makeup plays in player development straight forward? Meaning the higher the makeup the better the effect on ratings increases overtime?

I know there are a lot of variables to player dev like games played, coaching staff etc but is there a hard fast guideline on makeup? Is makeup of 25 considered “bad”?
2/26/2024 9:37 PM
At a high level, yeah, I do believe from what I've seen that higher makeup plays a role in player development and injury recovery.

Is 25 considered "bad"? I mean, would you consider a Contact rating of 25 bad? Sure, but like everything else it's relative. I can't tell you what it actually means in terms of the number of ratings points that guy would leave undeveloped versus a guy with a 65 or 95 makeup but I think it's safe to say if you can expect a player like that to increase a little less than a similar player with higher makeup over his first 5 years and to probably hit declines a year or two earlier than others with higher makeup too.

Could still be a useful player, just might not be a 15-year pro.
2/27/2024 11:27 AM
I haven't noticed any of my low makeup guys suffer developmentally over the years. I don't do med budgets but I hear it has an impact on injury recovery. Also probably affects player decline in old age and maybe demotion penalties but there too, I never demote so can't say definitively.
2/28/2024 2:05 PM
Makeup affects injury recovery, ditr bumps and aging.
2/28/2024 4:46 PM
Appreciate the feedback all!
2/28/2024 10:20 PM
Makeup’s role in ratings increases Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.