D2 vs D1 Recruiting Topic

If I am a D2, I know I cannot sign a D1 recruit until the second period and my interest level will not go above moderate.

But, if I have a target that is H/VH on a D1 and has an offer in the first recruiting period, will my recruiting efforts "lower" the interest the recruit has in the D1 to give me a chance in the second cycle?

OR is it not worth it?

Does it matter if the D1 is SIM or Human?

Thanks
3/5/2024 11:59 AM
There is always a team that is Very High in the system. If nobody is showing up as VH, then that means the VH team is a D2 or D3 team showing up as moderate.

If you are the highest on a recruit, then your recruiting efforts will lower the interest a recruit has in a D1.

When battling SIMs, they will give up once they've been knocked to Very Low. So, it can be a good strategy to offer a scholarship and promises as quickly as possible and then perhaps you need to add a few visits to knock them out completely. If it's a human, they are unlikely to give up, and if they have offered a scholarship in the first recruiting period, it will be very tough to defeat them. At my D3 schools, I always give up on a recruit as soon as a D1 offers in the first period and do the same 99% of the time when a D2 offers. There's a chance you can hold off higher schools if they're trying to jump in late, but not when there's that much time left.
3/6/2024 1:37 PM
D2 vs D1 Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.