"Mighty" MEAC in Tark has one opening Topic

It's unusual for the MEAC to have any openings, but we have one this year. The Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks are looking for a coach who can lift the team out of its recent misery.

The conference is amazing, with long term coaches and placed six teams in the National Tournament last year. It is arguably the premier conference in HD among Division 1 non-power conferences, and generally finishes in the top three conferences in conference RPI each year.

The Hawks have had a tough run, last making the National Tournament 19 years ago. However, three of the last four years, it has had a winning record, and made the PI, and it currently has a C prestige.

The conference has produced a number of national champions.There is an active conference board, and each year I do the Power Rankings for the conference in the Tark forums - you can take a look at that if you are interested.

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=540449&threadID=12575812#l_12575812

We are hoping for a coach that can build on recent improvements to the Hawks program and make them a contender. Hope you can join us!
3/9/2024 11:50 AM
OK our Maryland Eastern Shore coach is back, but now we have an opening for the South Carolina State Bulldogs. That program is in a bit of disarray now with just two winning seasons in the last 19 years, and a record of 12-69 over the last three years. It has been 27 seasons since they made the National Tournament. The best finish for the team ever is the second round of the NT So, the bar is set pretty low for a new coach, and it would be a definite rebuild. The team plays press but right now has 8 players returning with no recruits. Is anyone out there up for the challenge?
3/10/2024 5:33 PM
This is one of the major elite challenges in all of Hoops Dynasty. This year, for example, the MEAC champion is likely to get a 16 seed in the tournament.

However, in Knight, the MEAC is consistently a top 4 conference. That’s how good this group of coaches is! I’m currently at UMES (forgot to renew, oops!) I plan on coaching at UMES at least until we are a regular NT team. Come join me in building up the bottom-dwellers of the mighty MEAC! That is, if you’re up for a stiff challenge.
3/16/2024 8:40 PM
"Mighty" MEAC in Tark has one opening Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.