Developer Q&A - Answers Provided Topic

Posted by poncho0091 on 3/18/2024 1:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 3/12/2024 8:38:00 AM (view original):
Q: In the game-planning tips, it says that spd/per/bh/iq are the factors that determine 3-point success. is this necessarily saying that ath doesn't impact 3-point success?
A:
Speed, Perimeter, and BallHandling are factors that determine if a player will attempt a 3-pointer over a fg.
Perimeter, BallHandling, Athleticism, and IQ are the factors that will determine if they make it.

Time to find a super slow guard with high PER and BH, jack up his distro and set him at +2.

This is exactly what I started thinking. I've been running on the idea that SPD mattered in the success of the shot based on what the tips worded since the beginning, but if all it means is more attempts, I don't need that. I thought SPD was supposed to impact steals also. Maybe I'm wrong here, or maybe it's never mattered?
I'm reserving judgment because my understanding is there is a system determining whether a player is "open" when taking a shot. I have always taken that to imply there is a "degree of difficulty" factor so better speed should/could turn into better looks and its not clear how conflated that is with how many attempts the player makes (which is itself ambiguous since it could refer to volume or distribution)

For instance, if the system is modeled after the NBA game as intimated in the past, then the Per/LP ratio also has a huge impact on distribution.
3/18/2024 4:19 PM
The baseline prestige is in need of an overhaul. Stanford (at an A-) has made only one out of ten of the last tournaments. Gonzaga (at a B) has made 10/10 while Utah (also a B) has made 2/10.

Q: Why are developers dead set on measuring a school’s baseline prestige based on results from the 20th century??

I took the time to do some research. This is what baseline prestige could look like based on the number of tournament appearances of each school over the last decade (including this season):

A+ Kansas 10
A+ Michigan St 10
A+ Gonzaga 10
A+ Virginia 9
A+ North Carolina 9
A+ Baylor 9
A+ Kentucky 9
A+ Duke 9
A+ Purdue 9

A Iowa St 8
A Villanova 8
A Arizona 8
A Wisconsin 8
A Providence 7
A San Diego St 7
A Creighton 7
A Oregon 7
A Tennessee 7
A Michigan 7
A Iowa 7
A VCU 7
A UCLA 7

A- Cincinnati 6
A- UConn 6
A- Oklahoma 6
A- Wichita St 6
A- Florida 6
A- Ohio St 6
A- Xavier 6
A- West Virginia 6
A- Maryland 6
A- Arkansas 6
A- Texas Tech 6

B+ Dayton 5
B+ Syracuse 5
B+ Oklahoma St 5
B+ Kansas St 5
B+ NC State 5
B+ Texas 5
B+ Miami 5
B+ Seton Hall 5
B+ Virginia Tech 5
B+ St Mary’s 5
B+ Nevada 5
B+ Houston 5
B+ Alabama 5
B+ Auburn 5

B BYU 4
B Boise St 4
B Butler 4
B Louisville 4
B Notre Dame 4
B Indiana 4
B Colorado 4
B Texas A&M 4
B USC 4
B Marquette 4
B Florida St 4
B TCU 4
B Utah St 4
B Illinois 4
B New Mexico St 4

B- Loyola Chicago 3
B- Memphis 3
B- Arizona St 3
B- Texas 3
B- Wyoming 3
B- Northwestern 3
B- Missouri 3
B- Clemson 3
B- Mississippi St 3
B- Drake 3
B- Pittsburgh 3

C+ Every Power 6 school not yet listed

C (or below) Everyone else

3/24/2024 2:01 AM
◂ Prev 12
Developer Q&A - Answers Provided Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.