Pro Set vs I Formation Topic

These are similar formations but could someone explain the pluses and minuses of each please??
Also is it possible to make plays go left or right?? I only see inside or outside for run plays.

Thank you
3/15/2024 9:27 PM
They IMO are very close in form and function and interchangeable as "balanced" offenses, with I form possibly slightly better at running and Pro Set slightly better at passing.

Run plays are only in or out, no left/right designation is possible.
3/16/2024 12:10 AM (edited)
Within this game of GD, there are really no differences. It is just cosmetic. Pick one and go with it.
3/16/2024 12:22 AM
Thank you guys.
3/16/2024 3:09 PM
Or you can go with something a bit more exotic like ND, WB or Trips. Shotgun is available too but since so many human coaches just do straight protection vs passing on Defense I would think Shotgun is near impossible to win an NC with.
But you can run out of Shotgun with a running QB or WR's with great running numbers. Still since you are new to GD, if you want to try something different I would suggest choose 1 of the first 3 I mentioned . Otherwise stay with I or Pro. Stick with 1 offense whichever you choose and save the other practice points for individual position practice.
3/18/2024 6:05 PM
mojo when you say human coaches do "straight protection vs passing on defense" what do tou mean exactly?
3/27/2024 11:10 AM
it is easier to pass and win than run and win

the nature of the sim. old guys say it wasn't always that way. that you used to be able to pound the ball

but how it is is passing is easier than running

so stop the pass is rule one on defense

not to speak for the man but what i think he is sayin is Do not blitz when you know they're passing

this sh*t coul change as soon as they update

will they ever? prolly not. but when they do, brother beware
3/27/2024 1:22 PM
Bag is correct about what I meant: Number one rule is stop the passing and dare them to run by playing a lot or some guys play All pass D.
But I don't agree about the blitzing. Myself I blitz a LOT. Dont care if opposition runs or passes. Just be careful . A good strategic coach will change up on you if he sees you're playing mostly pass D and he will run more. When playing live coaches on a team that has similar or better talent as yours, check what he does vs other live coaches vs teams competitive with his.
I think you have to decide for yourself whether or when you want to blitz. I've blitzed a lot like now, and I've played mostly no blitz in the past. Never did see too much difference. If I had the horses , then we played good D. If I didn't, then blitz or not didn't help .
3/28/2024 6:47 PM
Pro Set vs I Formation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.