I was looking at the user profile of a person who signed up in one of my HBD worlds. Reigny. This individual has played 364 seasons in a ton of worlds. Made the playoffs 4x. That seemed strange. Then I noticed this user is active in 10 Gridiron Dynasty worlds and has a current active record of 0-48. In addition, this user is active in 5 Hoops Dynasty Worlds and has a combined record of 0-99. This cannot be a real person who is purposefully throwing money away. It's a bot or a person using a second account for some unknown reason. I mean in a worst case scenario you have a person who has mental issues just stuffing money into this game for absolutely no reason. Seems unethical.
3/19/2024 12:52 PM
Yeah....my theory is that this is a WIS controlled user ID that they are using for some sort of testing purposes. I can't imagine any other logical reason someone would blow that much money to purposely field the worst team in every world.
3/19/2024 1:12 PM
I have inquired about this identity to WIS and they have failed to really investigate. In this game, having this type of user penalizes the teams they play against by lowering the SOS and therefor the teams ranking for playoffs.
3/19/2024 3:38 PM
Most logical explanation is that it is a multi account for someone that uses it to scout players for other teams.
3/19/2024 3:57 PM
Posted by jhunterz on 3/19/2024 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Most logical explanation is that it is a multi account for someone that uses it to scout players for other teams.
This......all day...and What if needs to care
3/19/2024 5:01 PM
do an advanced search, search term "reigny"

he been around a long time

he don have to be either of the above

he could be a drone, a research vessel, a tool for one of the guys who likes to make tools for others

call me sucker but i accept him as a gray area
3/19/2024 5:59 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 3/19/2024 3:38:00 PM (view original):
I have inquired about this identity to WIS and they have failed to really investigate. In this game, having this type of user penalizes the teams they play against by lowering the SOS and therefor the teams ranking for playoffs.
Yep, the Ivy on Warner has to deal with this clown. He's an inactive, most of the time. I submitted a ticket on him early last season and his renewal was cancelled because he hadn't logged in for some time. Lucky us, he logged in at the end of the season to renew. WIS won't do anything about it now, because he was recently active. Awesome.
3/19/2024 7:44 PM
Any team/coach who does not recruit any players during a season should be dropped and put on probation in that world for 5 seasons,

Pretty harsh, but it needs to be considered for the integrity of the game. If you know going in that this occurs, then not reacting accordingly is your fault. No one else should be penalized for the lack of participation or competitiveness or of someone else's apathy or deception.
3/20/2024 3:54 PM
As long as he isn't cheating WIS has to be thrilled to be collecting close to $200(14 current teams?) a month from him. With crappy ghost teams he's not getting many rewards discounts either.

He's a weirdo but he might be their #1 most lucrative customer!
3/20/2024 3:57 PM (edited)
Posted by narcotico on 3/20/2024 3:57:00 PM (view original):
As long as he isn't cheating WIS has to be thrilled to be collecting close to $200(14 current teams?) a month from him. With crappy ghost teams he's not getting many rewards discounts either.

$200? Is that some sort of new math?.
3/21/2024 1:59 PM (edited)
Maybe it's a woman trying her very best??
3/20/2024 8:51 PM
He must belong to someone with two logins in a world.
How much of an advantage is it to double your recruiting budget each season?
3/20/2024 9:25 PM
Posted by DeBeque on 3/21/2024 1:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by narcotico on 3/20/2024 3:57:00 PM (view original):

$200? Is that some sort of new math?.
Well, I've recently considered dipping my toes back into HD and recently saw that a single season there is $12.95. Quick back of the napkin math $13 x 14 teams got me to $182 which I approximated as "close to $200".

What i didn't know when I wrote that was that single season GD is still only $9.95. Since I returned to GD last year I have been primarily buying seasons with saved credits/reward points and didn't realize GD is actually only $9.95 and is now cheaper than HD. Anyone know why this is? More recent updates in HD? I've always considered the games very similar and assumed they were the same price(I think they used to be).

In any case between GD and HD the dude is still shelling out lots of cash to WIS every month for 14 teams in 2 games that he seems to be barely participating in.
3/21/2024 9:40 PM (edited)

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.