1) Do "looking to be drafted in first round" prospects sign if they are drafted with supplemental round picks?

2) Do "undecided" and "looking to be drafted in first round" guys typically demand slot money or higher?
3/21/2024 5:07 PM
My experience is
1) usually
2) they both typically demand more.
3/22/2024 11:07 AM
Re: 2) YES TYPICALLY, but it's unpredictable. My most recent first rounder was an Undecided. He rejected my first offer outright. I offered it again, expecting a long holdout, hopefully with an eventual increased demand. One week later he signed the offer.
3/22/2024 11:29 AM
thanks guys. i only have 7 mill prospect payroll and picks 24, 40, 46, and three 2nd rounders, so i'll likely focus on guys willing to sign for slot money.
3/22/2024 7:29 PM
Follow up question...between "undecided" and "looking to be picked in round 1", which one is more likely to ask for a reasonable price?
3/22/2024 8:47 PM
I'm not sure anyone knows the odds of anything that happens with a non-slot player. Like I said, I was expecting a fight with the player I just signed. One of my previous draftees took five or six offers before he signed. I go back and look at previous drafts for the players who signed over slot, to get an idea of what I might need to budget. Expect the worst, hope for the best.
I've even seen a "Probably Won't Sign" player sign the initial offer. Probably super rare, but it did happen at least once.
3/22/2024 9:54 PM
A "probably won't sign" player's initial demands are always quite high
3/23/2024 11:11 AM
Posted by shobob on 3/23/2024 11:11:00 AM (view original):
A "probably won't sign" player's initial demands are always quite high
yeah i'm not bothering with those guys. i recall them being super high demands.

i'm mostly trying to decide between an "undecided" and "looking for round 1" guy in round 1 such that i can either sign him or get a type D pick without having to massively compromise the other prospects I can sign.
3/23/2024 11:23 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.