Site Update Topic

Im only a SIM league baseball player. Have been on the site for 20 yrs consistently although I only play a couple of teams at a time. So take this for what it is worth.
  • I would like to see the revenue generated (or at least active users who have paid for a team in the past year) by each of the products. I dont know if NBA or NHL or NFL bring in more than MLB but would be interested in seeing what drives the priority.
  • I know SLLive was shut down and that was a big loss but understand if it was not generating dollars.
  • When the price went from 9.99 to 12.99 and we got no updates for baseball, assume that was to fix existing issues. But if nothing is coming in the future, dont raise the price again..
If HBD is the future, then say that and we can all make our decisions to move forward or not. It is really taking a lot to fill Progressives/Themes these days so my assumption is new owners are not coming on board and long timers are burning out or getting fed up.
3/25/2024 3:34 PM
This is what I'm talking about.

People will post things that make it easier to successfully run their strategy. Or, they'll post things that might make it slightly easier to run their Worlds, but they won't take the time to get behind the obvious fix that needs to happen to injury recovery.

Hey, my perennial All Star pitcher is out with a 200 day injury that occurred in spring training. He'll get one injury recovery bump, even with 20 million dollars in medical budget, and he'll NEVER fully recover. However, if that same pitcher gets injured near the end of the season, he gets one injury recovery bump at the end of the season, another recovery bump during season roll, then an opportunity to place the player on a short DL stint the next season for one or two more recovery bumps. NO! THATS NOT BROKEN AT ALL. LETS NOT MENTION THAT. LETS NOT FIX THAT. LETS FOCUS ON SOME ITEMS THAT WILL ONLY NEGLIGIBLY MAKE THE GAME MORE COMFORTABLE FOR A SMALL SELECT GROUP OF PEOPLE. I'VE ONLY BEEN BANGING THIS INJURY RECOVERY ISSUE FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS!!!

I'm sorry. I'm usually not this obnoxious on the forums, bit I've been asking for an injury recovery fix for a long time. I even got 20+ people to agree on one thread. Pages 34 and 35 of the above thread already shows support that injury recovery needs to be fixed. Also, we already have 37 pages of ideas included in the above thread. Are we really going to rehash those? Fix injury recovery; Fix injury recovery; Fix injury recovery; Fix injury recovery
3/25/2024 3:53 PM (edited)
Posted by Jtpsops on 3/25/2024 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by biffwellingt on 3/25/2024 3:01:00 PM (view original):
Unfortunately, this sounds like the site is essentially falling apart. I share "Bripat42" point. AI run teams is a hard no for me.
Too many people demand updates, but gripe constantly about the effort it takes.

Are AI-run teams ideal? No. But it helps worlds roll faster, which keeps players more engaged and my attract more HBD users. This generates some revenue and buys them time that will allow them to eventually upgrade things.

If you want to gripe about updates, then have the patience to go with it. Fleeing the site isn't going to accomplish anything.
How will trading work?
3/25/2024 3:44 PM
How about ANYTHING as far as the hockey sim goes? Start off by doing away with the built in losing streak. Salary updates would be a welcome addition as well.
3/25/2024 3:48 PM
Posted by jholthus on 3/25/2024 2:09:00 PM (view original):
Hello everyone,

It has been some time since we have done a full site update so we would like to use this time to do that.

We have recently pushed updates for Hoops Dynasty and Gridiron Dynasty as we continue to bring in quality of life updates and fixes for prominent issues and loopholes within the games. We have also started rolling Q&A forum posts for the games so that the users have an opportunity to interact with the developers and find answers to questions that they would like answered.

We are currently working on an update for HBD that will bolster the AI functionality within the game to be able to competently maintain a franchise. We will use this improved AI to be in charge of teams in HBD worlds. We will allow worlds to roll with these AI managers if they choose to and/or are having issues getting the world to fill. There will be a limit to how many AI controlled teams are allowed in a world but the hope is that this will help worlds roll more frequently and stay more on a “schedule”.

In regards to the future of WIS, we want to be fully transparent with the community. Right now some of our resources are being distributed amongst other parts of the company which leaves us with one CS staff member (Jordan) and one full-time developer (Jacob). We are working diligently behind the scenes to ensure that game updates are happening and are happening in reasonable time frames given the workload needed to update these older games and the time constraints to a limited staff. That being said, we are at a spot where we are really needing the community’s loyalty and support more than ever. We appreciate the tenured users who have stuck with us through the changing of hands the site has been through and the rate of updates that has happened throughout the last several years. We want to focus on updates that the various communities in the games feel would be in the best interest of the games overall. As such I will be creating forum posts/polls (links to be included later) to include a list of possible update options for several of the games. We will use this information to help guide us and prioritize where users believe our efforts can most be focused.

We appreciate your feedback and understand that there are a lot of great ideas on improvements that should or need to happen. With that, please keep any feedback or suggestions appropriate and helpful. When the forum posts go live we will be looking for suggestions for improvements and not for “off topic” posts or rants.

Thank you again from all of us at Whatifsports!
SITE STAFF
Thank you for everything you are doing. Us old guys understand the company dynamics. Hang in there. You have my support, and I am sure other users feel the same.

Thanks,

Humdogs (Scott)
3/25/2024 3:49 PM
Constant 504 errors all afternoon. I get being understaffed, and that the new owners don't give two $h1t$ about WIS. But when you have actual people paying for the service, it simply CAN'T be this wonky.
3/25/2024 4:02 PM
Posted by eastvanmungo on 3/25/2024 2:44:00 PM (view original):
I just want to state, for the record, this site has had my loyalty and support for the 15 years that have gone by since that last major upgrade to WIS Baseball.
It would be nice if, at some point, resources were allocated to upgrading what is currently a fine game, but could be a great one again.
I fully agree here w/ EVM. I have also been a dedicated player of SimLeague Baseball for 15+ years.
3/25/2024 4:12 PM
I am a longtime SimLeague Baseball player and run two progressive leagues as commissioner, while playing quite a few other leagues as well.

I would love to be of help in upgrading SLB, and would be happy to give feedback and make suggestions if you all are interested. I very much appreciate this site and it's games, and was very happy when Sportshub took over. I'm hopeful that SLB in particular has a future w/ the decision makers.
3/25/2024 4:20 PM
So in summary, we are putting minimal resources into this, please don't expect much.
3/25/2024 4:32 PM
Just want to say thanks for all the hard work you two are doing trying to run this very large and complicated site by yourselves and for attempting to deal with all of the gripes and/or suggestions from many of the owners here. I’ve been playing WIS since 2003 (this is my second account since my original was deleted during the site turnover that coincided with a break I was taking from playing while focusing on retiring from the military), and I’m appreciative that this site is still around. Honestly, I am just happy to be here. I wouldn’t have played for so long if it wasn’t already a great site, and I really don’t have an issue competing against AI if it keeps us playing. TBH, most HBD minor leagues are already run by AI, and franchises are frequently damaged by real life owners who abandon teams. If anything, AI will keep leagues and teams healthy and will also help get HOF votes for deserving players. Anyway, thanks, again, and best of luck!

TXE
3/25/2024 4:39 PM
Posted by bripat42 on 3/25/2024 2:42:00 PM (view original):
AI-run franchises are a nonstarter for me, and it guarantees I won't spend another dime on HBD. I'll play until my credits run out -- and if it's worse than I expect, I won't even play that long.

Thanks for the update.
A well run world will not need permanent AI Teams.. Dont join crappy worlds..
3/25/2024 4:44 PM
I still dream of a day where we can incorporate live game sims. I know the programming and logistics part of it would be tough, but it can be done.
3/25/2024 4:45 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 3/25/2024 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by biffwellingt on 3/25/2024 3:01:00 PM (view original):
Unfortunately, this sounds like the site is essentially falling apart. I share "Bripat42" point. AI run teams is a hard no for me.
Too many people demand updates, but gripe constantly about the effort it takes.

Are AI-run teams ideal? No. But it helps worlds roll faster, which keeps players more engaged and my attract more HBD users. This generates some revenue and buys them time that will allow them to eventually upgrade things.

If you want to gripe about updates, then have the patience to go with it. Fleeing the site isn't going to accomplish anything.
AI ran teams is better than merges..
I've been a loyal user of the site for years and years. I only play Sim Baseball and only Progressives at that. It seems that I represent the lowest priority user but am still hopeful for future enhancements.
I would decidedly prefer the site focus on bolstering the player base than updating games at the moment. At least where HBD is concerned, worlds are getting increasingly harder to fill and the player base is steadily dwindling. All the game updates in the world won't matter if there's nobody around to play the game.
3/25/2024 4:53 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...10 Next ▸
Site Update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.