Site Update Topic

My 2 cents. The injury thing is the greatest problem in HBD by far. NOBODY under 30 should suffer career altering drops in numbers for an injury, most people in MLB come back better these days. I would love to see the ability to put instructions on each player. Directing things like stealing, bunting, pinch hitting etc. by player would massively improve the experience.
3/26/2024 7:14 AM
Two employees? Where is all the money going from users paying to play? I guess kudos to you for at least politely admitting that your ownership is milking this client base dry. I’m running out my credits and quitting after roughly 15 years. Thanks, however, for at least giving us an idea of what is happening.
3/26/2024 7:22 AM
to those of you who have found better sim sites, good riddance. i for one am glad i found wis 12 years ago and will stay as long as i'm able to pay/play (even without perks). it's a shame sports hub wasn't very honest with us when they acquired the site. i'm confident site staff (jholthus, jordan jacob) are giving more than above average time & effort to keep the site viable. i'm staying no matter what.
3/26/2024 8:08 AM
i'm not the only one who is in shock that this place has such a skeleton crew working here. now i see why there are never any updates or improvements. i guess i'm sympathetic now to the staff. but who the hell is in charge and how much cocaine are they doing?? what the hell happened to all the money that comes in here??? it's really a disgrace that all of us are in this bind together because one person can't get their head out of their ***. SELL THE COMPANY TO SOMEBODY WHO IS RELIABLE AND INTELLIGENT. then give the staff a 10% raise and an extra co-worker so we can get back to normal.
3/26/2024 8:30 AM
For what its worth, I somehow stumbled onto Gridiron Dynasty this past month and am playing my first season at the D3 level. I understand the UX is something out of the dot-com bubble but honestly find charm in that. I am excited to continue my dynasty team and would be very disappointed to see this site go away for good. I am only one new paying customer but I think if minimal effort went into advertising this as an offering, more folks would join and make it viable from a business standpoint. Just my two cents but I am totally on board with paying $10 a season for this as I've enjoyed it so far.
3/26/2024 9:10 AM
Posted by altoqueso on 3/26/2024 8:30:00 AM (view original):
i'm not the only one who is in shock that this place has such a skeleton crew working here. now i see why there are never any updates or improvements. i guess i'm sympathetic now to the staff. but who the hell is in charge and how much cocaine are they doing?? what the hell happened to all the money that comes in here??? it's really a disgrace that all of us are in this bind together because one person can't get their head out of their ***. SELL THE COMPANY TO SOMEBODY WHO IS RELIABLE AND INTELLIGENT. then give the staff a 10% raise and an extra co-worker so we can get back to normal.
I wonder just how much money is coming in? I’d say a large percent of seasons are just paid with credits earned, it would be interesting to see what the annual revenue is here….

Think it’s over $1M? I’m not really sure. And if it is 1, we’ll after tech costs and 2 FTE (as well as HR, finance, etc) it may just barely break even.
3/26/2024 9:11 AM
Posted by jholthus on 3/25/2024 2:09:00 PM (view original):
Hello everyone,

It has been some time since we have done a full site update so we would like to use this time to do that.

We have recently pushed updates for Hoops Dynasty and Gridiron Dynasty as we continue to bring in quality of life updates and fixes for prominent issues and loopholes within the games. We have also started rolling Q&A forum posts for the games so that the users have an opportunity to interact with the developers and find answers to questions that they would like answered.

We are currently working on an update for HBD that will bolster the AI functionality within the game to be able to competently maintain a franchise. We will use this improved AI to be in charge of teams in HBD worlds. We will allow worlds to roll with these AI managers if they choose to and/or are having issues getting the world to fill. There will be a limit to how many AI controlled teams are allowed in a world but the hope is that this will help worlds roll more frequently and stay more on a “schedule”.

In regards to the future of WIS, we want to be fully transparent with the community. Right now some of our resources are being distributed amongst other parts of the company which leaves us with one CS staff member (Jordan) and one full-time developer (Jacob). We are working diligently behind the scenes to ensure that game updates are happening and are happening in reasonable time frames given the workload needed to update these older games and the time constraints to a limited staff. That being said, we are at a spot where we are really needing the community’s loyalty and support more than ever. We appreciate the tenured users who have stuck with us through the changing of hands the site has been through and the rate of updates that has happened throughout the last several years. We want to focus on updates that the various communities in the games feel would be in the best interest of the games overall. As such I will be creating forum posts/polls (links to be included later) to include a list of possible update options for several of the games. We will use this information to help guide us and prioritize where users believe our efforts can most be focused.

We appreciate your feedback and understand that there are a lot of great ideas on improvements that should or need to happen. With that, please keep any feedback or suggestions appropriate and helpful. When the forum posts go live we will be looking for suggestions for improvements and not for “off topic” posts or rants.

Thank you again from all of us at Whatifsports!
SITE STAFF
Thanks for the update and the updates. I’m an HBD guy with a suggestion I would like to see…..but will leave that for elsewhere and just say thanks.
3/26/2024 10:07 AM
Posted by Abulia on 3/25/2024 3:15:00 PM (view original):
So in HD we are, as of about 2pm EST-ish, experiencing 500 Server errors intermittantly connecting to the site. We've no idea if WIS has pushed an update, what's wrong, if it's back-end (again), or anything. In fact, we -- the users -- don't even know if WIS is aware of the issue! And this "update" is devoid of really any substantive content.

We have recently pushed updates for Hoops Dynasty and Gridiron Dynasty as we continue to bring in quality of life updates and fixes for prominent issues and loopholes within the games.

Are you referring to past updates or some new update? Is that why we're having 500 Server Errors today? If it was a new update what did it do? Where are the patch notes?

The issue with HD yesterday was not a result of any updates going live, we had a server crash. This issue was resolved yesterday afternoon.
3/26/2024 10:09 AM
As mentioned a few times before and if you've been reading many post over the years I'm sure you already know that the injury recover in HBD should be job one for that world and to extend that one step rewriting some code that actually looks at the ratings assigned would be nice, a player shouldn't be getting multiple injuries with a 90+ rating especially with a league full of players at 70 and below thanks for your efforts.
3/26/2024 10:37 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 3/25/2024 8:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cregen7 on 3/25/2024 7:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by altoqueso on 3/25/2024 7:11:00 PM (view original):
the downward spiral continunes. wish you guys well in your next job. i'm out.
Never heard of you + this isn’t an airport so no need to announce a departure + L + ratio
and who are you> Your profile also shows you have never played one game, of anything
So true lol!
3/26/2024 11:25 AM
Posted by bripat42 on 3/25/2024 2:42:00 PM (view original):
AI-run franchises are a nonstarter for me, and it guarantees I won't spend another dime on HBD. I'll play until my credits run out -- and if it's worse than I expect, I won't even play that long.

Thanks for the update.
Good lord...
3/26/2024 11:36 AM
I don’t have that many qualms with how it is right now (HBD player)

First and foremost injuries to young players should have full or at least almost full recovery if 20/20 and what time of the year the injury occurs should absolutely not have any ******* impact on whether the player super boosts with recovery bumps - this is the biggest thing that ****** me off without question.

Id like to see DHs in the NL and my relievers to stop hitting in the 7-9th innings when have double swap set on max

I’d also like a little bit deeper prospect pool in the draft as after the first 2 rounds it’s tragic out there. Maybe some higher ditr frequencies or something might help.

yall should probably do some advertising, raise money and hire a guy or two
3/26/2024 11:56 AM
SLB Progressives

Everything should be automated. Keepers. Available players. Entering a team.

Leagues should automatically roll to the next season.

It should not take a whole weekend and spreadsheets to set up a draft.

We don't get paid enough to do all this work.

"OH sorry I forgot to cross him off the available players"
"Hey I have 4 picks not 3"
"Please siemail the next three"
"Keepers are due"

Wis should do it all.
3/26/2024 12:25 PM
HBD is a great game. Looking forward to a day when some real effort is put into improvements. Until then, I ain't goin' away, unless I die first. Which is entirely possible. Im not ill or anything, but we have been waiting a long time. Lets see some upgrades before we all die damn it
3/26/2024 12:44 PM (edited)
I come and go from Sim League baseball, I occasionally check in to see if there's been improvements, but there never is.

Every team in open leagues look the same. These teams aren't full of fan favorites, only broken players that everyone uses. There's no attempt to fix these players that perform well above expectations, or to adjust their salaries upward for the amount of times they are used. Because of this, every league is the same. This means no excitement, why would I want to come back? 2019 Ketel Marte again? Yay!

Maybe there's a risk to lose the 50-100 most hardcore players if you adjust how broken the game is. It seems the majority of players are unimaginative and really like the broken players, so I understand there's a fine line to walk with any update. But trust me, you'll never get a flood of new blood into WIS if they can only use 2019 Ketel Marte or lose. There's no fun in that.
3/26/2024 1:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...10 Next ▸
Site Update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.