Site Update Topic

Posted by bripat42 on 3/25/2024 2:42:00 PM (view original):
AI-run franchises are a nonstarter for me, and it guarantees I won't spend another dime on HBD. I'll play until my credits run out -- and if it's worse than I expect, I won't even play that long.

Thanks for the update.
As one of the very few who play the Soccer sim here, there have been AI franchises in it since the beginning.
The Soccer AI works very simply: all the "real" franchises get priority access to players. The AIs only sign players once a certain deadline is hit. And they sign from the bottom up, leaving the best available as free agents. Plus trading with an AI is not possible.
They are there essentially for no reason other than to fill out a playable schedule.
IMO anything else would be a hornet's nest.

3/25/2024 4:55 PM

500 - Internal server error.

Fix this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3/25/2024 5:17 PM
I agree on the injury recovery issue, that needs to be fixed. Also, the pinch-hitter logic needs to be fixed. If DH and expanded rosters aren't added to the NL, especially - no manager lets a reliever hit in the seventh inning down a run, with a full bench and rested bullpen, because said reliever hasn't reached his pitch count. ... While we are at it, the ability to tell a player he can't try to steal. Got a first baseman who was 0-for-14 for the year in steals attempted
3/25/2024 5:29 PM
Why is Saint Mary's not a team in the West Coast Conference of Hoops Dynasty. Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3/25/2024 6:06 PM
I would like to see the DH option for NL teams
3/25/2024 6:07 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Seems an easy implementation to provide private HBD commishes an option to select the frequency and severity of world injuries.at the beginning of each season (i.e. same as managerial sliders). But hieroglyphics coding or something, something...
3/25/2024 6:24 PM
Get rid of the recruiting advantage in D1
3/25/2024 6:58 PM
Hockey still gets ignored?? I have been on this site over 20 years, and the last meaningful update to SIM Hockey was over 187 years ago.

I have all but lost interest in wasting any more time with this site. Sad to see it dying

You could at least create a blacklist system that actually WORKS. Been harping on that for 10 years too
3/25/2024 7:13 PM (edited)
the downward spiral continunes. wish you guys well in your next job. i'm out.
3/25/2024 7:11 PM
I'm still here and available on a contract basis. Let's talk again.
3/25/2024 7:13 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 3/25/2024 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by biffwellingt on 3/25/2024 3:01:00 PM (view original):
Unfortunately, this sounds like the site is essentially falling apart. I share "Bripat42" point. AI run teams is a hard no for me.
Too many people demand updates, but gripe constantly about the effort it takes.

Are AI-run teams ideal? No. But it helps worlds roll faster, which keeps players more engaged and my attract more HBD users. This generates some revenue and buys them time that will allow them to eventually upgrade things.

If you want to gripe about updates, then have the patience to go with it. Fleeing the site isn't going to accomplish anything.
Furthermore the post stated:

We will allow worlds to roll with these AI managers if they choose to and/or are having issues getting the world to fill.

They aren't forcing AI controlled teams on any world.
3/25/2024 7:25 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 3/25/2024 7:13:00 PM (view original):
Hockey still gets ignored?? I have been on this site over 20 years, and the last meaningful update to SIM Hockey was over 187 years ago.

I have all but lost interest in wasting any more time with this site. Sad to see it dying

You could at least create a blacklist system that actually WORKS. Been harping on that for 10 years too
No one is going to take you seriously with that font.
3/25/2024 7:30 PM
Posted by altoqueso on 3/25/2024 7:11:00 PM (view original):
the downward spiral continunes. wish you guys well in your next job. i'm out.
Never heard of you + this isn’t an airport so no need to announce a departure + L + ratio
3/25/2024 7:31 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...10 Next ▸
Site Update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.