Site Update Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by cregen7 on 3/25/2024 7:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by altoqueso on 3/25/2024 7:11:00 PM (view original):
the downward spiral continunes. wish you guys well in your next job. i'm out.
Never heard of you + this isn’t an airport so no need to announce a departure + L + ratio
and who are you> Your profile also shows you have never played one game, of anything
3/25/2024 8:01 PM (edited)
Posted by sinatra on 3/25/2024 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 3/25/2024 7:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cregen7 on 3/25/2024 7:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 3/25/2024 7:13:00 PM (view original):
Hockey still gets ignored?? I have been on this site over 20 years, and the last meaningful update to SIM Hockey was over 187 years ago.

I have all but lost interest in wasting any more time with this site. Sad to see it dying

You could at least create a blacklist system that actually WORKS. Been harping on that for 10 years too
No one is going to take you seriously with that font.
it's a lot easier to read than your crappy ariel

You are a nobody and have never played one game of anything. So we don't take you seriously either
I bet he posts Minions memes on Facebook
You are another one who has never spent a dime here. and I am not on FB. Maybe u are a bot.
3/25/2024 8:00 PM
Posted by the_mad_monk on 3/25/2024 6:24:00 PM (view original):
Seems an easy implementation to provide private HBD commishes an option to select the frequency and severity of world injuries.at the beginning of each season (i.e. same as managerial sliders). But hieroglyphics coding or something, something...
I had a 280 day injury last season and a 360 day injury this season. Both were effectively career ending injuries for high priced talent under long term contract.

I always thought GD was foolish to remove injuries from that game, but seeing how devastating they are in HBD makes me rethink that perspective.
3/25/2024 8:10 PM
Posted by jholthus on 3/25/2024 2:09:00 PM (view original):
Hello everyone,

It has been some time since we have done a full site update so we would like to use this time to do that.

We have recently pushed updates for Hoops Dynasty and Gridiron Dynasty as we continue to bring in quality of life updates and fixes for prominent issues and loopholes within the games. We have also started rolling Q&A forum posts for the games so that the users have an opportunity to interact with the developers and find answers to questions that they would like answered.

We are currently working on an update for HBD that will bolster the AI functionality within the game to be able to competently maintain a franchise. We will use this improved AI to be in charge of teams in HBD worlds. We will allow worlds to roll with these AI managers if they choose to and/or are having issues getting the world to fill. There will be a limit to how many AI controlled teams are allowed in a world but the hope is that this will help worlds roll more frequently and stay more on a “schedule”.

In regards to the future of WIS, we want to be fully transparent with the community. Right now some of our resources are being distributed amongst other parts of the company which leaves us with one CS staff member (Jordan) and one full-time developer (Jacob). We are working diligently behind the scenes to ensure that game updates are happening and are happening in reasonable time frames given the workload needed to update these older games and the time constraints to a limited staff. That being said, we are at a spot where we are really needing the community’s loyalty and support more than ever. We appreciate the tenured users who have stuck with us through the changing of hands the site has been through and the rate of updates that has happened throughout the last several years. We want to focus on updates that the various communities in the games feel would be in the best interest of the games overall. As such I will be creating forum posts/polls (links to be included later) to include a list of possible update options for several of the games. We will use this information to help guide us and prioritize where users believe our efforts can most be focused.

We appreciate your feedback and understand that there are a lot of great ideas on improvements that should or need to happen. With that, please keep any feedback or suggestions appropriate and helpful. When the forum posts go live we will be looking for suggestions for improvements and not for “off topic” posts or rants.

Thank you again from all of us at Whatifsports!
SITE STAFF
Your job is difficult and I appreciate everything you do. Thanks for YOUR loyalty to the site.
3/25/2024 8:20 PM
Thanks for this update. The NFL product has been ignored for years. All, we can ask for with what appears to be a staff of two. Would be downsizing of Theme Leagues to 12-18 team leagues.
3/25/2024 8:31 PM
" That being said, we are at a spot where we are really needing the community’s loyalty and support more than ever. "

Please bring back the AMAZON Gift Card Option. That would go a LONG way towards garnering your community's Loyalty and Support.
3/25/2024 8:32 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 3/25/2024 7:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cregen7 on 3/25/2024 7:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 3/25/2024 7:13:00 PM (view original):
Hockey still gets ignored?? I have been on this site over 20 years, and the last meaningful update to SIM Hockey was over 187 years ago.

I have all but lost interest in wasting any more time with this site. Sad to see it dying

You could at least create a blacklist system that actually WORKS. Been harping on that for 10 years too
No one is going to take you seriously with that font.
it's a lot easier to read than your crappy ariel

You have never played one game of anything. So we don't take you seriously either
Who is “we”? And how are you still unable to navigate the menu after clicking on my username? I’m playing 2 different games currently which is obvious to anyone who doesn’t use AOL as their email provider.

Perhaps if you’re this inept with technology you should sit out the updates thread.
3/25/2024 8:32 PM
If you use AI, I hope you accept AM. (Artificial Money)
3/25/2024 8:37 PM
Couple of thoughts on this...

- The level of discourse here devolved REALLY fast.
- The culture of "doing more with less," unfortunately, is becoming prevalent in most businesses. I greatly appreciate the folks doing what they can with fewer resources available to them, and I appreciate the philosophy behind "focus on updates users want."
- I came back to HD a few years ago after about 10 years away. The game isn't perfect, and you can tell there hasn't been a meaningful overhaul in quite a while (baseline prestiges are all over the place, conference alignment is off, etc.). Having said that, recruiting is a blast. It's challenging, and there are stakes if you whiff on guys, but it's not overwhelming once you know what you're doing.
- The HD firing system, which I saw someone else mention earlier, is a tricky topic. On one hand, there being no movement at the top level of D1 as long as coaches re-up is annoying. On the other hand, this is a game people pay to play, and being overly punitive has the potential to drive away customers. I'm all for there being a system in place, but I err on the side of caution. The way the game is set up, for instance, a new big-conference coach needs 5-7 seasons to have any sort of chance at meaningful, long-term success, and there's every chance that job is open because the previous coach whiffed in recruiting and went somewhere with a better roster.
- Please, no transfer portal.
3/25/2024 9:40 PM
How in the world is a site making this much money only have two full time staff members?!?!?!?!?
3/25/2024 9:41 PM
Lots of griping on this thread. I, for one, think HD is a brilliant game. I’ll certainly welcome any improvements you come up with, but I think it’s fantastic how it is. Thanks for keeping this thing running!
3/25/2024 10:07 PM
I have been having the same problem as Abulia. I have been receiving the 500 error all day. Has this been addressed? I might have missed it if it has.

v
3/25/2024 10:14 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...10 Next ▸
Site Update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.