Site Update Topic

Posted by lostnfound74 on 3/25/2024 8:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sinatra on 3/25/2024 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 3/25/2024 7:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cregen7 on 3/25/2024 7:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 3/25/2024 7:13:00 PM (view original):
Hockey still gets ignored?? I have been on this site over 20 years, and the last meaningful update to SIM Hockey was over 187 years ago.

I have all but lost interest in wasting any more time with this site. Sad to see it dying

You could at least create a blacklist system that actually WORKS. Been harping on that for 10 years too
No one is going to take you seriously with that font.
it's a lot easier to read than your crappy ariel

You are a nobody and have never played one game of anything. So we don't take you seriously either
I bet he posts Minions memes on Facebook
You are another one who has never spent a dime here. and I am not on FB. Maybe u are a bot.
Hello smart person. I've been a member of this site for over 20 years and have played hundreds of season. Are you unaware that this thread is for the entire site, and not just SimLeague Hockey?
3/27/2024 2:12 PM
Posted by chrondon84 on 3/26/2024 12:25:00 PM (view original):
SLB Progressives

Everything should be automated. Keepers. Available players. Entering a team.

Leagues should automatically roll to the next season.

It should not take a whole weekend and spreadsheets to set up a draft.

We don't get paid enough to do all this work.

"OH sorry I forgot to cross him off the available players"
"Hey I have 4 picks not 3"
"Please siemail the next three"
"Keepers are due"

Wis should do it all.
sing it high and clear sonny boy
3/27/2024 2:40 PM
Funny to hear peeps thanking a company for maintaining status quo. I don't care if 1 or 300 employees work for WIS. With so few perceivable enhancements/improvements to the product over many years, what are said employees doing on a daily basis? This isn't a free product.

Yearly HBD revenue has to be at least $250,000. That doesn't pay for a simple code update to allow HBD team color customization? Add a WAR stat? Increase historical leader boards to more than 5 players? Add more league customization options for private worlds? We aren't talking about game engine overhauls.
3/27/2024 2:49 PM
Posted by sinatra on 3/27/2024 2:12:00 PM (view original):
Hockey still gets ignored?? I have been on this site over 20 years, and the last meaningful update to SIM Hockey was over 187 years ago.

I have all but lost interest in wasting any more time with this site. Sad to see it dying

You could at least create a blacklist system that actually WORKS. Been harping on that for 10 years too

You are a nobody and have never played one game of anything. So we don't take you seriously either
You are another one who has never spent a dime here. and I am not on FB. Maybe u are a bot.
Hello smart person. I've been a member of this site for over 20 years and have played hundreds of season. Are you unaware that this thread is for the entire site, and not just SimLeague Hockey?
I see you have played a lot of something. Hockey has not gotten an improvement in over FIFTEEN years. Are you able to understand the frustration ???
3/27/2024 5:56 PM

I don’t understand the sardonic comment. He spoke about his passion on WIS. You are saying that is somehow wrong to talk about hockey. Some have mentioned baseball and some basketball and some general comments. I say keep your crank to yourself.
3/27/2024 6:04 PM
Posted by the_mad_monk on 3/27/2024 2:49:00 PM (view original):
Funny to hear peeps thanking a company for maintaining status quo. I don't care if 1 or 300 employees work for WIS. With so few perceivable enhancements/improvements to the product over many years, what are said employees doing on a daily basis? This isn't a free product.

Yearly HBD revenue has to be at least $250,000. That doesn't pay for a simple code update to allow HBD team color customization? Add a WAR stat? Increase historical leader boards to more than 5 players? Add more league customization options for private worlds? We aren't talking about game engine overhauls.
The moving like a turtle at times is a bit galling. Basketball guys begged for Bill Russell’s defensive rating to go from 70 to 100 for a very very long time. There are simple but important improvements and corrections that should not get the back back back burner.
3/27/2024 6:08 PM
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 3/27/2024 6:04:00 PM (view original):

I don’t understand the sardonic comment. He spoke about his passion on WIS. You are saying that is somehow wrong to talk about hockey. Some have mentioned baseball and some basketball and some general comments. I say keep your crank to yourself.
Thank you for your input, person who is definitely NOT well known for going off the deep end over nothing!

Their post was not easy to understand. Where is here? Given the placement of this thread within the forum and the site at large, "here" is WIS, where I have spent a ton of money. Then saying I'm a bot for not understanding that they think this thread is only about hockey? Come on.
3/27/2024 7:56 PM (edited)
A: Hi Seble, Meet the New Boss eye rolls etc - heard it times before - same as the Old Boss with all the same F-ing excuses
B: These forums are ONLY used by already paying customers - your commodification schemes are tiresome - f--- your ads (one of which is actually getting in the way of me typing right at this very moment) - no one is visiting here to do anything other than use your f-ing games which they are already f-ing paying for anyway - if we are in these forums we have already essentially subscribed
C: I guess no one on your side of the screen actually understands what the F you have or could have - what you apparently have is something like NIL rights usage to all these major sports you dummys! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!

WAIT(there's more): !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

3/27/2024 9:37 PM
Posted by sinatra on 3/27/2024 7:56:00 PM (view original):

Thank you for your input, person who is definitely NOT well known for going off the deep end over nothing!

Their post was not easy to understand. Where is here? Given the placement of this thread within the forum and the site at large, "here" is WIS, where I have spent a ton of money. Then saying I'm a bot for not understanding that they think this thread is only about hockey? Come on.
Nobody complained about the post but you.
Im sorry if I cannot understand the tone against someone for not following your rules for what is and is not allowed to be discussed.

Grow up and chill out.
3/27/2024 11:07 PM
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 3/27/2024 11:07:00 PM (view original):

Im sorry if I cannot understand the tone against someone for not following your rules for what is and is not allowed to be discussed.

Grow up and chill out.
When you were in my league, I got roughly 83459234923590235 sitemails from you crying about this, crying about that, saying unhinged things, and I am supposed to grow up? When criticized, I always consider the source.

Nobody said they can't discuss SL Hockey. I was commenting on the obvious implication that was made by them that somehow SL Hockey was the ONLY thing that anybody cares about (if you don't play SL hockey, you're not a customer of the site, let alone an actual human). At any rate, I got a sitemail from lostnfound and we were both cordial.

As for you, please don't let this get your blood pressure too high.
3/27/2024 11:17 PM
Lennybruce is not afraid.

Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn
World serves its own needs, something something something something
3/28/2024 5:35 AM
Posted by crazystengel on 3/26/2024 10:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 3/26/2024 8:18:00 PM (view original):
Also WIS is under appreciated by some. It really is incredible. I was on another site for a few months. I forget the name of it. It is run by one guy in fact now that I remember, his first name is Guy. He is the creator and it is Horrible! It has a limited bunch of nasty people with no sense of humor and the games are truly terrible. If WIS is a 10 that site is a 1. It is free asking for donations while it is a complete waste of time.

From my vantage point this is the premium sim experience and yeah there can be improvements but it isn’t like WIS isn’t great.
Yeah, WIS is indeed great, and I think if it disappeared a lot of us would miss the hell out of it.

99.99% of the stuff we gripe about is so trivial. The product is great, the price is great, the customer support is great, the core group of owners is great. There's a reason WIS is the online site I've been visiting most often over the past two decades or so.
I am not sure if the comments are trivial, if it means money is being lost. I'm just one guy, but the company is losing around $100 a year from me because I don't like the experience and I don't consistently renew. I invited a friend to try WIS, the new blood this place needs so badly, He quit before the season ended and shared many of my gripes.

There's a stream of the same money from the same dedicated users. However, this stream of cash hasn't been enough for them to update the site. There's the issue, people eventually die or move on. If no one new is coming in eventually there won't even be enough cash to run the game as-is.

I know a lot of the old timers like things the same, they enjoy the site because it is a time warp to a different era. The issue is that won't last forever, which is why the guys running this place must be proactive.
3/28/2024 1:40 PM
Posted by theclash603 on 3/28/2024 1:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crazystengel on 3/26/2024 10:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 3/26/2024 8:18:00 PM (view original):
Also WIS is under appreciated by some. It really is incredible. I was on another site for a few months. I forget the name of it. It is run by one guy in fact now that I remember, his first name is Guy. He is the creator and it is Horrible! It has a limited bunch of nasty people with no sense of humor and the games are truly terrible. If WIS is a 10 that site is a 1. It is free asking for donations while it is a complete waste of time.

From my vantage point this is the premium sim experience and yeah there can be improvements but it isn’t like WIS isn’t great.
Yeah, WIS is indeed great, and I think if it disappeared a lot of us would miss the hell out of it.

99.99% of the stuff we gripe about is so trivial. The product is great, the price is great, the customer support is great, the core group of owners is great. There's a reason WIS is the online site I've been visiting most often over the past two decades or so.
I am not sure if the comments are trivial, if it means money is being lost. I'm just one guy, but the company is losing around $100 a year from me because I don't like the experience and I don't consistently renew. I invited a friend to try WIS, the new blood this place needs so badly, He quit before the season ended and shared many of my gripes.

There's a stream of the same money from the same dedicated users. However, this stream of cash hasn't been enough for them to update the site. There's the issue, people eventually die or move on. If no one new is coming in eventually there won't even be enough cash to run the game as-is.

I know a lot of the old timers like things the same, they enjoy the site because it is a time warp to a different era. The issue is that won't last forever, which is why the guys running this place must be proactive.
100%
3/28/2024 3:38 PM
whatever you do, ignore the baseline prestige requests. Don't change anything. Prairie View A&M or Wofford should never have similar prestige as Kentucky or Duke.

I get that some are annoyed that average HD coaches are able to hold these high prestige jobs.

If anything, change the coach fired code.
3/28/2024 4:52 PM
Posted by sinatra on 3/27/2024 11:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 3/27/2024 11:07:00 PM (view original):

Grow up and chill out.
When you were in my league, I got roughly 83459234923590235 sitemails from you crying about this, crying about that, saying unhinged things, and I am supposed to grow up? When criticized, I always consider the source.

Nobody said they can't discuss SL Hockey. I was commenting on the obvious implication that was made by them that somehow SL Hockey was the ONLY thing that anybody cares about (if you don't play SL hockey, you're not a customer of the site, let alone an actual human). At any rate, I got a sitemail from lostnfound and we were both cordial.

As for you, please don't let this get your blood pressure too high.
I was never in any league of yours.
3/28/2024 6:58 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Site Update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.