GD Changes and Vision Topic

Seems like they are trying to keep more human coaches by levelling the playing field and taking away the advantages from we who earned them. It has always been like it was with Vision being an advantage. But if you wanted better vision you had to ...

...earn it. Now if they take it away from us they may finally take me from the game. Ive flirted with leaving permanently and always came back cause I missed it. But this may be the straw that broke this camels back ? :(
I understand why it may be better for the game and the company to retain more human(paying) coaches. Doesn't mean I have to like it.
3/26/2024 11:12 AM
They should not do away with vision. Is this happening for sure?
3/26/2024 3:55 PM
Posted by bisonducks on 3/26/2024 3:55:00 PM (view original):
3/26/2024 3:57 PM
Perhaps removing vision from D3/D2 and keep it for higher. Or remove it from specific/new world(s) would be a good compromise. Start a new world with these rules, see how it does. This would make more sense even from a business point of view. Why invest if it will have a poor effect.
I like the idea of building the program vision up personally, even though I tend to pick an established team in favor of building, but having the option is good.
Just my thoughts from a small time player without a lot of experience with the engine.
3/26/2024 5:58 PM
Vision I believed was to be earned at d1aa to d3 to essentially act in a similar manor to d1a elites. I as well feel like vision has fallen off a cliff in last 2 or so recruiting cycles in d2. Think it’s more derived from how many schols you have and location over winning vision which has been pretty frustrating. I have suspected this last few seasons but support will only say it’s completely random but this update they’re claiming that was pushed with no patch notes or when it was actually updated has me thinking this was part of the changes. Did I miss the actual patch notes?
3/26/2024 6:13 PM
wait now wait now what now what

how did you do this spliteroosky?

"Seems like they are trying to keep more human coaches by levelling the playing field and taking away the advantages from we who earned them. It has always been like it was with Vision being an advantage. But if you wanted better vision you had to ...
...earn it. Now if they take it away from us they may finally take me from the game. Ive flirted with leaving permanently and always came back cause I missed it. But this may be the straw that broke this camels back ? :(
I understand why it may be better for the game and the company to retain more human(paying) coaches. Doesn't mean I have to like it."
3/26/2024 6:15 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 3/26/2024 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bisonducks on 3/26/2024 3:55:00 PM (view original):
That's a yes. Will they add in prestige?
3/26/2024 6:46 PM
No it is not for sure . Just what I've observed in recruiting.
But i put in the question to Customer Service and they say they have NOT screwed with Vision.
Not sure I believe it though, again based on what my NC winning team had as recruits available within my vision. Never saw such horrible choices in both QB and RB for a team that should be at Max Vision.
PS:I am now recruiting for a 2nd team . Their choices also suck. Been doing this long time and I can tell the difference in choices. Maybe they didn't touch vision and its just luck of the draw ? But I have hard time believing this.
3/26/2024 7:11 PM
Posted by mojolad on 3/26/2024 7:11:00 PM (view original):
But i put in the question to Customer Service and they say they have NOT screwed with Vision.
Not sure I believe it though, again based on what my NC winning team had as recruits available within my vision. Never saw such horrible choices in both QB and RB for a team that should be at Max Vision.
PS:I am now recruiting for a 2nd team . Their choices also suck. Been doing this long time and I can tell the difference in choices. Maybe they didn't touch vision and its just luck of the draw ? But I have hard time believing this.
I started playing again after a break 3 seasons ago. I had the vision of Bird Box my first season.
3/26/2024 7:23 PM
Posted by mojolad on 3/26/2024 7:11:00 PM (view original):
If they didnt **** with vision they ****** with the quality of recruits or overall divisional pools. The humbolt team you beat in NC if you go back and look at guess my first 2 seasons they are significantly better than the last two in recruit quality and the later two years were still like 1 and 2 ranked in guess even tho recruits were much worst imo
3/27/2024 2:03 AM
I probably fall in the minority of players playing this game regarding vision. I understand the aspect of "I have earned it" and that is a valid argument. But my question is what is the appropriate advantage that should be awarded to the highly successful program. I mean being given more money to recruit, being allowed to have fewer coaches the opportunity to battle for the better recruits and having a prestige factor is certainly a nice advantage. But is this too much? In Hayes D2 24 of the last 25 NCs have been won by 2 coaches. Quite often they are the last 2 standing. They should both be applauded. But how much does this hurt the overall game itself. Right now the halftime score of the NC game is 42-2. I see this quite often where the deeper into the playoff games the dominate teams wipe out the opponent. I would like to see one pool of players from D1A down to D3. Do away with vision. Then those recruits that are the cream of the crop could be labeled highly unlikely to ever accept signing with a D3 or D2 school. A coach would have to evaluate the level at which he would be successful in recruiting a player. More prestige could be given to the successful schools. Right now I am finishing recruiting in Warner. Prior to the end of last season I selected some to recruits to consider. Then I saw my vision dip and they were no longer available this season. I have 5 right now in my que that I would have loved to have but won't be able to get while the end of the recruiting period is near they sit there having no one selecting them and they will just be dropped. Again I understand the earning aspect of the game but I just don't believe that means you the game makes it easier for you. I would say we all pay the same for the game but is not true. Another advantage earned. Look The Kansa City Chiefs have been highly successful the last few years but you know the do not have the #1 pick coming up in the draft. They pick last. Being successful means they have been hit with a disadvantage. That is found in every big time sport. I am not advocating that. Just would like all to give it some thought and maybe why my approach is so off base.
3/27/2024 10:30 AM
I would be okay with a dip in talent available if it was combined with a clear deliniation of talent between the divisions.

DI-AA recruiting is really stupid when you have to compete against DI teams coming down and taking your guys. Or when you have to spend so much more to fight off a DI Sim.

Just split the pool of talent into four and let people fight it out for recruits. Then build "prestige" through wins. I'm all for everyone seeing every player at their level but, while recruiting, a 14-win team (average over three seasons) should have an edge over a 3-win team.
3/27/2024 10:48 AM
they shouldn't mess with recruits or the recruiting process, vision prestige etc. give it time to see if their ratings display is helping new/newer players within this system, because there is no way you can tell if it has or not yet. the fix is turning injuries back on, and expanding the rosters. its another variable, which will cause the results to be more varied. it also gives and takes from both sides of the coin equally. newbs will beat vets in the big games more often, and vets won't care as much about injuries, because they can micromanage 5 more players and manipulate classes in new ways. it gives each side more of what is appealing to each side.
3/27/2024 12:55 PM
Posted by ranger1951 on 3/27/2024 10:30:00 AM (view original):
I probably fall in the minority of players playing this game regarding vision. I understand the aspect of "I have earned it" and that is a valid argument. But my question is what is the appropriate advantage that should be awarded to the highly successful program. I mean being given more money to recruit, being allowed to have fewer coaches the opportunity to battle for the better recruits and having a prestige factor is certainly a nice advantage. But is this too much? In Hayes D2 24 of the last 25 NCs have been won by 2 coaches. Quite often they are the last 2 standing. They should both be applauded. But how much does this hurt the overall game itself. Right now the halftime score of the NC game is 42-2. I see this quite often where the deeper into the playoff games the dominate teams wipe out the opponent. I would like to see one pool of players from D1A down to D3. Do away with vision. Then those recruits that are the cream of the crop could be labeled highly unlikely to ever accept signing with a D3 or D2 school. A coach would have to evaluate the level at which he would be successful in recruiting a player. More prestige could be given to the successful schools. Right now I am finishing recruiting in Warner. Prior to the end of last season I selected some to recruits to consider. Then I saw my vision dip and they were no longer available this season. I have 5 right now in my que that I would have loved to have but won't be able to get while the end of the recruiting period is near they sit there having no one selecting them and they will just be dropped. Again I understand the earning aspect of the game but I just don't believe that means you the game makes it easier for you. I would say we all pay the same for the game but is not true. Another advantage earned. Look The Kansa City Chiefs have been highly successful the last few years but you know the do not have the #1 pick coming up in the draft. They pick last. Being successful means they have been hit with a disadvantage. That is found in every big time sport. I am not advocating that. Just would like all to give it some thought and maybe why my approach is so off base.
champions are here to dominate and make money

it's a ****** game when pros reign

but that's how it is here

winners get paid

makin it not a game

so don spend too much unless the brass ring is your thing

3/27/2024 1:04 PM
I have been playing a long time. I have also been playing HD. There are many aspects of recruiting in both games which are good and which are bad. Merging the concepts of both would be a benefit.
1) Make all players at every level visible to all teams in the game. Advantages could be with recruiting money making it very difficult for lower level teams to out recruit, but not impossible. In real life a D3 team can recruit a top 10 player, but with little chance of success, but they could.
2) Make it less difficult to recruit across longer distances so the luck of the draw to get a top player close to your school doesn't determine which teams can successful.
3) HD uses points to get a recruit's interest before having to spend money. Would be a good change to GD.
4) HD allows only one CV, and limits a recruit to only 5. Would be good way to divide interested teams by division if CV determined by prestige.
5) Have HC and AC visits mean more, but limit the number of visits each team can have per cycle. This would give a certain disadvantage to big classes. But it would make it that top teams would not be able to blanket all top recruits, they would have to be more specific or chance losing some players.
6) Eliminate the auction method of CV used in GD. I don't like the lottery system in HD, but the auction can be equally detestable. (see #5)
7) Remove recruit preference for a team if no scholarship offered after 2 rounds when signing starts. Put them back into the recruit pool.
8) Eliminate SimAI from having a head start with recruits.

Just some food for thought.
3/27/2024 3:26 PM
1234 Next ▸
GD Changes and Vision Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.