Site Update GD Poll Topic

Hello everyone,

Per the post made in the whatifsports forums here is the link for the GD poll: CLICK HERE
3/26/2024 11:25 AM
NONE of the above.

Really? Who came up with those? Why not offer something that will actually improve the game, like getting rid of "Vision?" Thank you.
3/26/2024 1:00 PM
Seriously??
3/26/2024 2:03 PM
None of these solutions seem even remotely positive. 3 of the ideas are centered around creating new worlds, which is the last thing we need given how diluted the number of coaches are. Not sure what the create/edit player would entail. If purely cosmetic, all the power to people who'd want to use it, but if we're opening up the ability to adjust ratings, etc. that basically upends the game/purpose of recruiting.
3/26/2024 3:07 PM
What about the idea of creating a recruit to add to the pool, ratings and all, but you get a max number of points to use based on the player position and allocate it across the attributes? Basically, create your player but with limits on total attribute points based on position or level. Or allow more attributes but the player can't be in the user's 180.
3/26/2024 3:18 PM
Every opportunity they give us to give feedback and suggestions is a win in my book. They have my support because I love this game and it's a great challenge. It's not perfect, but it's brilliant in its design, considering how old it is. I think the "Champions League" sounds cool and the "create a player". I also suggested conference realignment, initial interest from recruits, and more controlled substitutions for playing time. There's innovation and then there's improvement. I think this game could benefit from both, but I don't think it necessarily *needs* it.
3/26/2024 3:49 PM
I cannot believe the ineptitude or how out of touch they are. They can't even make a good poll. How about one of the choices being 'none of the choices listed'
Who in the world thought up these 'improvements"

They talk about how they are understaffed and putting their resources elsewhere. Fair enough. Then how about going after the lowest hanging fruit when trying to improve the game. Like more stats. KO/punt return stats. RBs fumbles. First downs etc etc.
3/26/2024 3:57 PM
Really need to adjust distribution of recruits so geography doesn't play so much into which teams are strongest.
3/26/2024 4:04 PM
i had to sign in

meaning i need a google account to participate

screw that

screw big data

you have a perfectly good polling mechanism in the GD forums

i bet you didn know that

learn to use it

then use it
3/26/2024 4:18 PM
Champions league is the only interesting one. That could be fun.
3/26/2024 4:27 PM
Such a poorly designed and thought-out poll.

To participate in the poll at all or add your own suggestion, you have to click "like" on one of the options even if you hate them all. Huh?

Why is there no "none of the above" choice, or the abilty to pick multiple options? Why can't you add a suggestion without choosing something that you may not like at all?

And yes the options are all pretty bad with the possible exception of a champions league.

Create-a-player is downright goofy and immersion-breaking with the way all the current mechanics are set up to function.

Why add new worlds when the current world populations are low?
3/26/2024 4:41 PM (edited)
I voted for a champions league, and I also suggest that league run for free and be offered as a thank you to longtime players and as something to shoot for if you haven't qualified yet.
3/26/2024 5:53 PM
I have added plenty of thoughts to the poll. Hopefully some of the easier ones get picked up.
3/26/2024 7:51 PM
Posted by sportsdouche on 3/26/2024 5:53:00 PM (view original):
I voted for a champions league, and I also suggest that league run for free and be offered as a thank you to longtime players and as something to shoot for if you haven't qualified yet.
This would be tricky since they don't have enough players to fill a whole world as is, let alone if you add requirements.
3/26/2024 7:51 PM
Heres my suggestions:

1. Invest $$ into google ads tailored to bring more coaches in
2. Create a video ad (I can't believe they haven't pushed marketing since NCAA 14 is the last game for most stirred crazy fans)
3. Create a champions league POWER 5 only, distribute recruits evenly across the map.
4. Take off the guard rails for D3, I honestly think D3 is so boring some coaches quit after there first season and never come back. Maybe funnel every new coach to a starter world, then let them portal there way to the existing worlds.
5. Be able to accept conference invitations and move around (although im sure this is difficult to do)
6. Shrink recruiting days to 6 days, 1 day is for media day (recruiting rankings come out, playoff prediction)
7. turn on firing logic, increase strictness for wins in 4 season window
8. increase ints, decrease fumbles
9. hire hot front office assistants
3/27/2024 12:08 AM
123 Next ▸
Site Update GD Poll Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.