Site Update GD Poll Topic

I'm glad GD is getting some attention. Good to see. I've just come back from a very long break and the lack of admin posts was a bit concerning.
3/27/2024 12:25 AM
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 3/27/2024 12:08:00 AM (view original):
Heres my suggestions:

1. Invest $$ into google ads tailored to bring more coaches in
2. Create a video ad (I can't believe they haven't pushed marketing since NCAA 14 is the last game for most stirred crazy fans)
3. Create a champions league POWER 5 only, distribute recruits evenly across the map.
4. Take off the guard rails for D3, I honestly think D3 is so boring some coaches quit after there first season and never come back. Maybe funnel every new coach to a starter world, then let them portal there way to the existing worlds.
5. Be able to accept conference invitations and move around (although im sure this is difficult to do)
6. Shrink recruiting days to 6 days, 1 day is for media day (recruiting rankings come out, playoff prediction)
7. turn on firing logic, increase strictness for wins in 4 season window
8. increase ints, decrease fumbles
9. hire hot front office assistants
3.:

the thing about champions and champions leagues

champions have to play champions

but champions don wanna play champions

because that's not how they get paid

champions get paid to play newbies suckers and history lovers in the WIfS world
3/27/2024 1:47 AM
You suck and need to bring back cfbfan18 and ginobili04!! Stop CS from getting teams like USC and Penn St.
3/27/2024 8:39 PM
IMPROVEMENT: A coach who has progressed to level DII, DI-AA, or DI shouldn't have to start in DIII if they take a team in a new world. That's dumb and probably prevents many from taking additional teams in multiple worlds.
3/27/2024 9:16 PM
A drastic idea would be to have worlds of 4 DIII leagues, 3 DII leagues, 2 D1AA leagues and 1 D1A league. Bring back firing for D1A elites only.
3/27/2024 11:50 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see none of those options. Give us conference re-alignment so we're not playing in the stone age of conferences. Give us less worlds and push marketing to drive in new users so there's less user vs. sim games.

This would take a lot of dev work, but RPOs, running quarterbacks, spread option offenses, have been a thing for nearly two decades now and haven't really found their way into the game yet.
3/29/2024 9:35 AM
I didn't like any of the choices.
3/29/2024 9:39 AM
If the finances are that bad, then I would think radically and make the game more competitive and do things that create more movement for coaches. Stop coaches from camping at a program for 50 seasons.
  • Wipe out the 2 lowest populated worlds and allow players in those worlds to move to the same division in a new worlds with a free season or two to get a team established.
  • Keep the rails on D3, but make it super cheap or free to entice new users. Most people get bored with it and will pay to move up.
  • After 10 seasons at a program, make it progressively harder to stay at a program (ex: Saban is judged on NCs, anything less is deemed a failure) eventually leading to getting fired.
  • Have 14 elites, but those elites are based upon performance, history should matter but weighted towards recent performance. In real life Clemson turned into a elite and Nebraska, Miami, Texas haven't been an elite for quite a while.
  • Firing and injuries need to be a real thing.
  • Real rewards (free seasons) for people that invest time and perform well in the game.
3/29/2024 10:19 AM (edited)
Posted by ksparks on 3/27/2024 9:16:00 PM (view original):
IMPROVEMENT: A coach who has progressed to level DII, DI-AA, or DI shouldn't have to start in DIII if they take a team in a new world. That's dumb and probably prevents many from taking additional teams in multiple worlds.
Absolutely. I can't think of a single reason why this isn't happening.
3/29/2024 10:07 AM
Be nice if someone who schedules away games against human coaches got some type of boost in exposure/prestige for recruits in that school's area. For instance, if a coach at New Mexico (recruit wasteland) schedules an away game against human coaches in Texas and California, then here is some type of reward recruiting-wise. The cost is still the same, but some type of boost.

This would incentivize people to schedule human-coach OOC games and help these schools that no one wants to coach due to their location and the general recruit distribution.

That's my idea, but I also drink a hell of a lot, so...
3/29/2024 11:07 AM
I would like to see some kind of D1 realignment, even if 1) it doesn't match RL and 2) keeps with the current 12-team conferences.

Also, I would like to see dynamic elites. Maybe give each elite 5 seasons to get their act together, and then in season 6, elites are chosen based on some criteria (national titles, playoff wins) over the course of the previous 5 seasons.

Lastly, I really wish WIS would do something to promote their game. With social media, it's not that hard or costly to market your game, and WIS does nothing to drive interest in the game. I would also recommend giving new coaches 3 free seasons, so it allows them time to figure things out. Signing up for the game, knowing nothing about how to recruit or what to look for, and then going 1-12 probably drives coaches away.

This is a game that takes time to learn, but if you play it for a few seasons, you start to get hooked.
3/29/2024 11:36 AM
From Chetty:
Lastly, I really wish WIS would do something to promote their game. With social media, it's not that hard or costly to market your game, and WIS does nothing to drive interest in the game. I would also recommend giving new coaches 3 free seasons, so it allows them time to figure things out. Signing up for the game, knowing nothing about how to recruit or what to look for, and then going 1-12 probably drives coaches away.

This is a game that takes time to learn, but if you play it for a few seasons, you start to get hooked.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
I like these ideas
3/29/2024 12:51 PM
Posted by mojolad on 3/29/2024 12:51:00 PM (view original):
From Chetty:

_____________________________________________________________________________________
I like these ideas
Agree
3/29/2024 2:49 PM
The last few posts are spot on, there are certainly some improvements that can be made in the game but the #1 issue at WIS is lack of advertising, promotion, and marketing efforts.

Millions and millions of people play fantasy football or Madden and are complete nerds about that stuff and love football, gaming, strategy, competition, number crunching. Capturing even a tiny percentage of that huge potential audience could double the number of coaches overnight.

FWIW google searches aren't doing GD any favors either. I tried typing in terms like football/games/sims/pc/college/dynasty/strategy in various combinations into searches and GD was still very hard to find and not prominent in any of my search results. Not good. WIS's "Sim Matchup Football" (whatever that is) did pop up at the top of one search but who even plays that?

Potential new customers aren't going to be lured to GD by create-a-player or champion's league if they don't even know that GD exists. Americans already love football and gaming. GD needs exposure and smart marketing, not gimmicks.
3/29/2024 4:23 PM (edited)
I wonder how hard it would be to change the gun from 4 WR 1 te to 1 RB instead. Would totally change the dynamic of that formation and potentially make it usable.
3/30/2024 10:46 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Site Update GD Poll Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.