Site Update HBD Poll Topic

Hello everyone,

Per the post made in the whatifsports forums here is the link for the HBD poll: CLICK HERE
3/26/2024 11:26 AM
Sadly a lot of these aren’t very good. I would love to see either a new way to scout talent for the draft similar to that of HD, or have a ‘top prospects’ that everyone can see so that the obvious top draft pick doesn’t go 10th.
3/26/2024 8:45 PM
Even sadder is that in order to participate in the poll one must first have a Google account. Not everyone has a Goggle account. Can't they make a poll inside the WIS website so everyone could take part?!?!?!? Sheesh!
3/26/2024 11:42 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Yeah my initial impression was the options were not what I expected and lackluster.

id like to see:
add dh option to NL
Make tandem rotations more flexible
league custom rule options like max international bids
make diamonds in the rough with all star talent
create an actual iPhone app for the game without changing the interface much
make injuries LESS impactful - modern medicine you know?
add some statistical dashboards/charts
3/27/2024 11:38 AM
Posted by hockey1984 on 3/26/2024 8:45:00 PM (view original):
Sadly a lot of these aren’t very good. I would love to see either a new way to scout talent for the draft similar to that of HD, or have a ‘top prospects’ that everyone can see so that the obvious top draft pick doesn’t go 10th.
How does HD scout talent for the draft?
3/27/2024 6:24 PM
They need to fix the mismatch of Asian names and countries of origin. They seem to think that all Asian names are interchangeable in all Asian countries, but nothing could be further from the truth. It's clueless, at best.
3/27/2024 6:26 PM
That list of options seems like a strong signal that WIS has prioritized attracting a new audience, rather than improving HBD in the ways that current players are constantly suggesting. Understandable but disappointing.
3/29/2024 2:59 PM
Posted by rbedwell on 3/27/2024 6:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hockey1984 on 3/26/2024 8:45:00 PM (view original):
How does HD scout talent for the draft?
You have a budget, then you scout specific states based off of the budget. You have more money, you scout more areas.

so my thought would be everyone sees the same ratings for players but you get your 50 states plus Canada, HS is one option, college is the other. You decide where you want to scout the players so you can have a mix of HS and college. Obviously even with a max budget you can’t scout everyone. So if you see top talent, you see them. You miss em, it’s all on you.
3/29/2024 4:16 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Why can’t you change your pitching rotation in the playoffs?
3/30/2024 12:22 PM
I’ve changed my pitching rotation in the playoffs.

Also if I were to see the top 50 recruits for the draft I’d never spend a dollar on scouting ever again.
3/31/2024 6:15 PM
I have mentioned this before, but will mention is here. Coach hiring has been deemed important on various levels, yet not enough quality coaches are always available, particularly for the major-league level. Instead of getting into bidding wars for coaches, make it like scouting. If you spend the max on coaching, you get the max impact. If you spend nothing on coaching, you feel the wrath.
3/31/2024 7:59 PM
Posted by jlinchec on 3/30/2024 12:22:00 PM (view original):
Why can’t you change your pitching rotation in the playoffs?
You definitely can change it, and as many times as you want.
4/1/2024 5:30 PM
There are 37+ pages of "quality of life" ideas on a separate thread. We can use that thread for ideas. I think the most broken thing in hbd is injury recovery. If there us an hbd update that doesn't include a fix to injury recovery inconsistencies between a late season injury and early season injury, then it fails to have the best and most significant positive impact on the game.

If a player gets a 180+ day injury early in the sseason, he only gets one injury recovery cycle at the end of the season. However, if that same player gets that same injury late in the season, the player gets an injury recovery cycle at the end of the season, another during season roll and has the potential to be DL eligible for the following season to where he can have an opportunity for more recovery bumps and maybe fully recover. The above is with a maximum medical budget of $20 million. If you have less than $20 in medical, that difference between the early season injury and late season injury is even more profound.
4/2/2024 9:55 AM
123 Next ▸
Site Update HBD Poll Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.