HBD needs a major renovation Topic

Reading the most recent update, it sounds like there will be no major updates anytime soon. And, honestly, we should probably just hope that the game remains viable and gets at least the minimum attention necessary to continue on. This is just me reading between the lines, but i don't think it's a stretch for others to come to the same conclusion.

I've been playing HBD since 2005 and love the game. But, being honest, I love it less than I did back then...and even 3-5 years ago. It's fine. It's fun. But, it's also stale and, yes, in some cases, boring. At least for me.

That brings me to my point. Sometimes, things need to change for the sake of change and building excitement. It doesn't necessarily mean something is "wrong" with the game...it just needs some spice thrown on it. Visual improvements? More budget flexibility. Improved international FA process. More user-friendly amateur draft evaluation and ranking system. And dare I suggest....live games.?. (Remember when they thought that would be a real option15-18 years ago?). OK, that may be a major change, but the others seem like they would be reasonable. I haven't kept up with the forums, but I assume there are dozens of good, reasonable ideas that would make a nice impact on a totally renovated product.

Obviously, I'm not privy to the financial circumstances of this game, or the parent company, so it's easy for me to spend their money on development. However, based on the number of people who play this game for years at a time, it would seem to be a good investment for the long term. I have just started the last 2 prepaid seasons on my account and for the first time since 2005, I seriously considering walking away. I know it's just a game, but it's been part of my daily routine for all those years.. I am LOOKING for a reason to stay :-)
3/28/2024 11:03 AM
My big thing is we’re 3 plus CBAs behind. They don’t even use Type A and B free agents anymore. It’s just lazy at this point.
4/13/2024 11:26 PM
HBD needs a major renovation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.