Open Letter to JHolthus Topic

Hello everyone,

It has been some time since we have done a full site update so we would like to use this time to do that.

We have recently pushed updates for Hoops Dynasty and Gridiron Dynasty as we continue to bring in quality of life updates and fixes for prominent issues and loopholes within the games. We have also started rolling Q&A forum posts for the games so that the users have an opportunity to interact with the developers and find answers to questions that they would like answered.

In regards to the future of WIS, we want to be fully transparent with the community. Right now some of our resources are being distributed amongst other parts of the company which leaves us with one CS staff member (Jordan) and one full-time developer (Jacob). We are working diligently behind the scenes to ensure that game updates are happening and are happening in reasonable time frames given the workload needed to update these older games and the time constraints to a limited staff. That being said, we are at a spot where we are really needing the community’s loyalty and support more than ever. We appreciate the tenured users who have stuck with us through the changing of hands the site has been through and the rate of updates that has happened throughout the last several years. We want to focus on updates that the various communities in the games feel would be in the best interest of the games overall. As such I will be creating forum posts/polls (links to be included later) to include a list of possible update options for several of the games. We will use this information to help guide us and prioritize where users believe our efforts can most be focused.

We appreciate your feedback and understand that there are a lot of great ideas on improvements that should or need to happen. With that, please keep any feedback or suggestions appropriate and helpful. When the forum posts go live we will be looking for suggestions for improvements and not for “off topic” posts or rants.

Thank you again from all of us at Whatifsports!

SITE STAFF

I’d first like to say thanks for at least taking the time to communicate with the broader user base. It may be nothing more than window dressing and the latest in a long line of site administrator communications that do nothing other than promise that changes are just around the corner, but it is appreciated, nevertheless.

In regards to the future of WIS, we want to be fully transparent with the community.

This is nothing if not ominous but it got me to do some digging and my take away is to wonder if WIS will cease to be a Going Concern. I won’t go into any details here, but there have been changes at SharpLink (the Sports Hub parent company) this year which resulted in a negotiated deal with an investor, Alpha Capital, on March 8th. There are probably smarter people than me on this site who could look at the SEC filings and discern more than what I surmise, but the timing of this site staff message, and acknowledging limited resources doesn’t go without notice - WIS is probably NOT a money maker and a company with limited resources is not going to continue pouring money into areas that don’t provide a growing and sustainable source of revenue.

we are at a spot where we are really needing the community’s loyalty and support more than ever. We appreciate the tenured users who have stuck with us through the changing of hands the site has been through and the rate of updates that has happened throughout the last several years. We want to focus on updates that the various communities in the games feel would be in the best interest of the games overall.

You have community loyalty. Just look at the number who have stuck around through the years of inaction. As for support, you'll get it if you focus on the changes users have asked for. The recent poll was nice in that it appeared to give us a voice in the game, but really just showed that you’re not in touch with this user base. ONE idea offered a semblance of a solution to one recruiting issue that gets discussed and causes frustration. I’m not of the mind that it is the right solution so i’d vote NO on it but there were no other options offered as alternatives.

My last point, to further the discussion and comments about “wanting to focus on updates that would be in the best interest of the games”, I’ll point to some issues raised in the Q&A that was recently posted and the responses to those suggestions/concerns. The bottom line here is it’s nice to tell us you want to focus on the concerns but I think the responses speak for themselves.

Q: Any plans to update how baseline prestige is calculated, particularly for DI?

A: We have no plans to update baseline prestige at this time, though it is something we would consider in the future.

Q: Any changes to RS2 in general or to recruit generation?

A: We released a series of updates around recruiting in Q1, and we will keep an eye open for new ways to improve.

Q: Will HD change promises to last more than one season, which may increase transfers and make RS2 more useful and broaden the player pool?

A: Extending the effect of promises is something we will consider, but it is not in our plans for the near future.

Q: Any plans to bring out the job change update mentioned years ago that was never released?

A: We are currently not planning on releasing the update, but we do have the code saved, and it will be up for discussion in the future.

3/28/2024 8:28 PM
FWIW, I read the March SEC filings and didn’t really see anything of new concern. They domesticated their company by transferring the assets in the a US entity. A holder of a warrant in the foreign entity transferred its warrant into the US entity. Very quick glance, it looked favorable for the holder (and therefore at the expense of the common shareholder) but nothing about the company’s operations.

Now, as I’ve detailed in other posts, they’ve had a
number of red flags in previous filings. We should know a bit more when they file their 10k soon. I continue to think if someone approached the board with a serious offer to buy WIS, they would both be legally obligated to and likely strongly consider it.
3/29/2024 9:14 PM
Open Letter to JHolthus Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.