Recruiting question Topic

For the vets out there, what is more important in recruiting, the overal rating or the positional ratings? I see some guys with say a 50 RB rating but a lower overall rating vs a guy with a 42 RB rating? Just not sure I understand the relevancy there.
4/3/2024 4:46 PM
I think most would agree, overall rating doesn't really matter much, especially in recruiting. Focus on elusiveness, speed, strength, athleticism, game instinct, and hands in mostly that order and you will be fine.
4/3/2024 5:06 PM
Overall rating means very little, that's just the total number of points the player has in all categories with no increased weight going to the important attributes(say Strength for a OL) and useless numbers(say tackling for a QB) counting at full value.

Positional ratings (the WIS ones on the player card, GUESS, or custom ones you build yourself) are weighted for the most valuable attributes at the various positions and are going to be much more useful.
4/3/2024 5:09 PM
Posted by GoHawks2019 on 4/3/2024 5:06:00 PM (view original):
I think most would agree, overall rating doesn't really matter much, especially in recruiting. Focus on elusiveness, speed, strength, athleticism, game instinct, and hands in mostly that order and you will be fine.
And that was for RBs btw…the core attributes for RB are elusiveness, speed and strength. The others are important and some of it depends on your style of play too.

Focus on the important attributes for each position, or at least the positional rating before the overall rating.
4/3/2024 8:01 PM
Recruiting question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.