Mother as consultant Topic

Prospect signed.
Despite our wishes, Artie has agreed to your offer. Please take care of our boy. He's a good young man and will work his hardest as long as you're patient with him.

I thought mother as consultant was 100 percent rejection.
4/4/2024 10:41 AM
The "most likely".
But there's no "100 %" on anything.
4/4/2024 4:28 PM
I took over a team with the top overall pick. However, i couldn’t up my scouting budget to the level I felt comfortable in confidently taking the top talent. Consequently I decided to tank the pick so I could have a strong scouting budget and make a sound number 2 pick in my 2nd season. I took the top ranked prospect with Mom as advisor. Probably a 5th round talent. Mom told her son to sign. There are no locks. I won’t make that mistake again.
4/7/2024 5:17 PM
Posted by mg050369 on 4/7/2024 5:17:00 PM (view original):
I took over a team with the top overall pick. However, i couldn’t up my scouting budget to the level I felt comfortable in confidently taking the top talent. Consequently I decided to tank the pick so I could have a strong scouting budget and make a sound number 2 pick in my 2nd season. I took the top ranked prospect with Mom as advisor. Probably a 5th round talent. Mom told her son to sign. There are no locks. I won’t make that mistake again.
I was doing the same thing.
I actually drafted 5 'mother as consultant' picks in a row 1-5.
each of them declined up until the 5th round player signed. - so it wasn't costful for me. (except the signing bonus)
4/11/2024 5:00 AM
I will always bring this up: one season THE best player in the draft was one of these. The owner who drafted him was absolutely shocked when the player signed his initial offer right away. Hall of Fame career.

4/11/2024 7:34 AM
Mother as consultant Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.