Round 1 Themes, 2024 Topic

Posted by Bansberg on 5/9/2024 7:47:00 PM (view original):
Can the free agent pitcher/hitter be a combined season on the $70M team?
Yes, they can.
5/9/2024 8:04 PM
Posted by redcped on 5/9/2024 8:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Bansberg on 5/9/2024 7:47:00 PM (view original):
Can the free agent pitcher/hitter be a combined season on the $70M team?
Yes, they can.
wait, what? I thought it was full/partial only. This changes a lot.
5/9/2024 8:05 PM
Posted by redcped on 4/9/2024 12:22:00 PM (view original):
$70M Q&A

Q: For 70m, can our bonus players be combined seasons?
A: Yes, your free agents can use combined seasons.
This was posted on 4/9.
5/9/2024 10:04 PM
Posted by redcped on 5/9/2024 6:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jfranco77 on 5/9/2024 6:44:00 PM (view original):
I probably won't be entering teams over Mothers Day weekend, and I'm probably not the only one, so I assume the deadlines are pushed back?
I’m thinking of pushing it out a few days, maybe to next Wednesday? I want to try to keep the final deadline if at all possible though.
That would be OK with me, I've got a couple teams basically done, I just won't necessarily be around to enter the league numbers over the weekend.
5/10/2024 6:52 AM
Have league IDs been posted yet?
5/10/2024 1:55 PM
No. Once red finalizes his rosters and confirms commish rosters, everything will be set up and posted.
5/10/2024 1:59 PM
Hopefully they'll all be up by Sunday. I've started sending my rosters to be verified by a non-participating owner. I'm also still finalizing a couple of them.
5/10/2024 2:03 PM
For the 70m league... after we swap our 2 players, can we swap other players for players under 300k to fit under the cap??
5/13/2024 11:08 AM
The 300K exception is allowed for the 70M theme. From the rules on page 1...

300K exceptions: You can use players from any team from your chosen season who cost $300K or less to fill out any needed roster spots or replace players you can't afford to roster.

Remember that you don't have to use every player on your selected roster. You can cut all the overpriced deadweight, and replace them with <300K players (from the same season).
5/13/2024 11:18 AM
Posted by pumped on 5/13/2024 11:08:00 AM (view original):
For the 70m league... after we swap our 2 players, can we swap other players for players under 300k to fit under the cap??
Yes, you can use as many sub 300k players (from the same year as your team) as you need.
5/13/2024 11:19 AM
Schwarze beat me to it. But let me add, for clarity, the full/partial season requirement only applies to the players from your selected roster. Any of the <300k scrubs or your two free agents can come from a combined season if desired.
5/13/2024 11:22 AM
Got it.... thx guys
5/13/2024 12:48 PM
Posted by redcped on 4/4/2024 2:42:00 PM (view original):
$100 Million - 12 Boxes
To build your roster, choose one player from each of the 12 boxes and one player from each of the 12 rows (i.e., you must draft one player each from the rows OF1, OF2 & OF3, not two players from OF1). Then use one teammate from each of your 12 players from the season you select for them. Your 25th player will be a second teammate from one of your players. (None of your teammates may be a player that appears in any of the boxes).

(In Round 2, you will have to use different players from every box to build a 120M team. This restriction will not apply to teammates.)

Seasons: 1920-1980
DH: No
Clones: No
Ballpark: Choose the home park of any of your 12 selected players
Alignment: Random
Pos Box 1 Box 2 Box 3 Box 4 Box 5 Box 6
C Torre, Joe Bench, Johnny Campanella, Roy Dickey, Bill Cochrane, Mickey Hartnett, Gabby
1B Gehrig, Lou Foxx, Jimmie Greenberg, Hank McCovey, Willie Mize, Johnny Sisler, George
2B Hornsby, Rogers Morgan, Joe Carew, Rod Robinson, Jackie Gehringer, Charlie Collins, Eddie
3B Brett, George Allen, Dick Mathews, Eddie Rosen, Al Schmidt, Mike Santo, Ron
SS Vaughan, Arky Boudreau, Lou Banks, Ernie Appling, Luke Cronin, Joe Stephens, Vern
OF1 Ruth, Babe Williams, Ted Musial, Stan Klein, Chuck Speaker, Tris Yastrzemski, Carl
OF2 Dimaggio, Joe Mays, Willie Simmons, Al Heilmann, Harry Aaron, Hank Wilson, Hack
OF3 Mantle, Mickey Rose, Pete Singleton, Ken Smith, Reggie Cullenbine, Roy White, Roy
RHP1 Vance, Dazzy Feller, Bob Wyatt, Whit Chandler, Spud Cooper, Mort Luque, Dolf
RHP2 Sutton, Don Gibson, Bob Marichal, Juan Tiant, Luis Horlen, Joe Chance, Dean
LHP1 Hubbell, Carl Spahn, Warren Brecheen, Harry Grove, Lefty Newhouser, Hal Gomez, Lefty
LHP2 Koufax, Sandy Guidry, Ron Blue, Vida Carlton, Steve Cuellar, Mike McNally, Dave
Pos Box 7 Box 8 Box 9 Box 10 Box 11 Box 12
C Simmons, Ted Berra, Yogi Howard, Elston Fisk, Carlton Freehan, Bill Munson, Thurman
1B Cash, Norm Camilli, Dolph Terry, Bill Kluszewski, Ted Bottomley, Jim Cepeda, Orlando
2B Doerr, Bobby Frisch, Frankie Lazzeri, Tony Schoendienst, Red Herman, Billy Fox, Nellie
3B Killebrew, Harmon Clift, Harlond Robinson, Brooks Hack, Stan Boyer, Ken Traynor, Pie
SS Pesky, Johnny Sewell, Joe Joost, Eddie Bancroft, Dave Reese, Pee Wee Bartell, Dick
OF1 Snider, Duke Waner, Paul Ott, Mel Averill, Earl Cobb, Ty Ashburn, Richie
OF2 Robinson, Frank Kiner, Ralph Medwick, Joe Foster, George Kaline, Al Clemente, Roberto
OF3 Carey, Max Buford, Don Tresh, Tom Russell, Jim Henderson, Ken North, Billy
RHP1 Adams, Babe Johnson, Walter Roberts, Robin Lemon, Bob Lucas, Red Alexander, Pete
RHP2 Hunter, Catfish Seaver, Tom Drysdale, Don Palmer, Jim Perry, Gaylord Messersmith, Andy
LHP1 Peters, Gary Rixey, Eppa McDowell, Sam Pierce, Billy Ford, Whitey Pennock, Herb
LHP2 Tanana, Frank Peterson, Fritz Wood, Wilbur Jones, Randy Matlack, Jon Koosman, Jerry
This theme alone may cause me to quit the tournament

the 1920-1980 restrictions ruin the theme imo

thats All I’ll say
5/13/2024 5:24 PM
Interesting. I probably spent the second-least time on the boxes theme, actually. I built one version, saw a couple areas I could improve it, built V2 and just went with it. Now, they might suck, I'll grant you ... but it didn't vex me like the 70M did.
5/13/2024 5:41 PM
Posted by chargingryno on 5/13/2024 5:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by redcped on 4/4/2024 2:42:00 PM (view original):
$100 Million - 12 Boxes
To build your roster, choose one player from each of the 12 boxes and one player from each of the 12 rows (i.e., you must draft one player each from the rows OF1, OF2 & OF3, not two players from OF1). Then use one teammate from each of your 12 players from the season you select for them. Your 25th player will be a second teammate from one of your players. (None of your teammates may be a player that appears in any of the boxes).

(In Round 2, you will have to use different players from every box to build a 120M team. This restriction will not apply to teammates.)

Seasons: 1920-1980
DH: No
Clones: No
Ballpark: Choose the home park of any of your 12 selected players
Alignment: Random
Pos Box 1 Box 2 Box 3 Box 4 Box 5 Box 6
C Torre, Joe Bench, Johnny Campanella, Roy Dickey, Bill Cochrane, Mickey Hartnett, Gabby
1B Gehrig, Lou Foxx, Jimmie Greenberg, Hank McCovey, Willie Mize, Johnny Sisler, George
2B Hornsby, Rogers Morgan, Joe Carew, Rod Robinson, Jackie Gehringer, Charlie Collins, Eddie
3B Brett, George Allen, Dick Mathews, Eddie Rosen, Al Schmidt, Mike Santo, Ron
SS Vaughan, Arky Boudreau, Lou Banks, Ernie Appling, Luke Cronin, Joe Stephens, Vern
OF1 Ruth, Babe Williams, Ted Musial, Stan Klein, Chuck Speaker, Tris Yastrzemski, Carl
OF2 Dimaggio, Joe Mays, Willie Simmons, Al Heilmann, Harry Aaron, Hank Wilson, Hack
OF3 Mantle, Mickey Rose, Pete Singleton, Ken Smith, Reggie Cullenbine, Roy White, Roy
RHP1 Vance, Dazzy Feller, Bob Wyatt, Whit Chandler, Spud Cooper, Mort Luque, Dolf
RHP2 Sutton, Don Gibson, Bob Marichal, Juan Tiant, Luis Horlen, Joe Chance, Dean
LHP1 Hubbell, Carl Spahn, Warren Brecheen, Harry Grove, Lefty Newhouser, Hal Gomez, Lefty
LHP2 Koufax, Sandy Guidry, Ron Blue, Vida Carlton, Steve Cuellar, Mike McNally, Dave
Pos Box 7 Box 8 Box 9 Box 10 Box 11 Box 12
C Simmons, Ted Berra, Yogi Howard, Elston Fisk, Carlton Freehan, Bill Munson, Thurman
1B Cash, Norm Camilli, Dolph Terry, Bill Kluszewski, Ted Bottomley, Jim Cepeda, Orlando
2B Doerr, Bobby Frisch, Frankie Lazzeri, Tony Schoendienst, Red Herman, Billy Fox, Nellie
3B Killebrew, Harmon Clift, Harlond Robinson, Brooks Hack, Stan Boyer, Ken Traynor, Pie
SS Pesky, Johnny Sewell, Joe Joost, Eddie Bancroft, Dave Reese, Pee Wee Bartell, Dick
OF1 Snider, Duke Waner, Paul Ott, Mel Averill, Earl Cobb, Ty Ashburn, Richie
OF2 Robinson, Frank Kiner, Ralph Medwick, Joe Foster, George Kaline, Al Clemente, Roberto
OF3 Carey, Max Buford, Don Tresh, Tom Russell, Jim Henderson, Ken North, Billy
RHP1 Adams, Babe Johnson, Walter Roberts, Robin Lemon, Bob Lucas, Red Alexander, Pete
RHP2 Hunter, Catfish Seaver, Tom Drysdale, Don Palmer, Jim Perry, Gaylord Messersmith, Andy
LHP1 Peters, Gary Rixey, Eppa McDowell, Sam Pierce, Billy Ford, Whitey Pennock, Herb
LHP2 Tanana, Frank Peterson, Fritz Wood, Wilbur Jones, Randy Matlack, Jon Koosman, Jerry
This theme alone may cause me to quit the tournament

the 1920-1980 restrictions ruin the theme imo

thats All I’ll say
I actually thought the 1920-1980 restriction was the best part of the theme! I use players from 1930-1959 so rarely that finding useful seasons was a unique challenge and forced me (mostly) away from cookies. This was true of the $110m theme as well.

This theme was hard, no question, but I really enjoyed it. If any theme were to drive me away it would have been the $70m theme, but that's why I stopped at the first reasonable option I came up with.
5/13/2024 5:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...11 Next ▸
Round 1 Themes, 2024 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.