The Midge52 Season 85 Rosters & Commentary Topic

1) riftonapple - Wilt Chamberlain, Kyrie Irving, Chet Holmgren, Montrezl Harrell, Kyle Anderson, Jaren Jackson Jr., Kevon Looney
2) dh555 - LeBron James, John Stockton, Artis Gilmore, Bobby Jones, Amare Stoudemire, Desmond Bane, Robert Covington
3) dontburnearl - Steph Curry, Karl-Anthony Towns, Bill Russell, Scottie Barnes, Ben Simmons, Marquese Chriss, Clarence Weatherspoon
4) dakjd901 - Giannis Antetokounmpo, Andre Drummond, Donovan Mitchell, Domantas Sabonis, Gerald Wallace, Jalen Suggs, Brandan Wright
5) longtallbrad - Nikola Jokic, Bill Walton, Victor Oladipo, Brent Barry, Donyell Marshall, Kyle O’Quinn, Jusuf Nurkic
6) uptowngbv - Luka Doncic, Christian Wood, Marcus Camby, Serge Ibaka, Shawn Kemp, Thaddeus Young, Isaiah Stewart
7) gerryred - Michael Jordan, Nic Claxton, Bam Adebayo, Mitchell Robinson, Richaun Holmes, Jalen Johnson, Larry Nance Jr.
8) PBandJ - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Tyrese Haliburton, Tyson Chandler, Klay Thompson, Andrei Kirilenko, Tyrese Maxey, Kenneth Faried
9) ronsouth1 - Rudy Gobert, Victor Wembanyama, Jayson Tatum, Draymond Green, Manu Ginobili, Jerry West, Larry Sanders!
10) samuelyork93 - DeAndre Jordan, Jrue Holiday, Elton Brand, Bob McAdoo, Gary Payton, Malcolm Brogdon, Pascal Siakam
11) jackedjamie - Dwight Howard, Kevin McHale, Jonas Valanciunas, Mike Conley, Trayce Jackson-Davis, Alex Caruso, Marques Johnson
12) copernicus - Shaquille O’Neal, Jason Kidd, Chris Boucher, C.J. McCollum, Evan Mobley, Terry Porter, Kevin Love
13) Midge - Anthony Davis, Jimmy Butler, Larry Nance, Derrick White, Joakim Noah, Bobby Portis, Ivica Zubac
14) raggedclaws - David Robinson, Damian Lillard, Walker Kessler, Kristaps Porzingis, Anfernee Hardaway, Delon Wright, Gary Payton II
15) beloud - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Ben Wallace, Nikola Vucevic, Brandon Clarke, Paul Reed, Jamal Murray, JaMychal Green
16) bds9992 - Larry Bird, Clint Capela, Magic Johnson, Otto Porter, Buck Williams, T.J. McConnell, Enes Kanter
17) amerk1180 - Kevin Durant, Charles Barkley, Alonzo Mourning, Steve Nash, Chauncey Billups, Jalen Williams, Alperen Sengun
18) jethroeg - Chris Paul, Julius Erving, Willis Reed, Dikembe Mutombo, Clyde Drexler, Paul Pressey, Hot Rod Williams
19) berkelon - Kawhi Leonard, Joel Embiid, Derrick Favors, Eric Bledsoe, Zach LaVine, Arvydas Sabonis, Onyeka Okongwu
20) 24kpyrite - Hakeem Olajuwon, Paul George, Shawn Marion, John Collins, Tyus Jones, Jonathon Isaac, Ralph Sampson
21) kammeyer - Karl Malone, Tim Duncan, Horace Grant, Danny Green, Robert Parish, Derek Harper, Andre Iguodala
22) steelers821 - Kevin Garnett, Dwyane Wade, Jarrett Allen, Michael Porter, JaVale McGee, Jarred Vanderbilt, Nic Batum
23) chewy3344 - James Harden, Hassan Whiteside, Robert Williams, Daniel Gafford, Zion Williamson, Kobe Bryant, Jakob Poeltl
24) seapilots - Moses Malone, Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, Oscar Robertson, Al Horford, David West, D’Angelo Russell
5/30/2024 12:16 PM (edited)
A lot of good looking starts here.
5/26/2024 6:12 PM
I would’ve loved to have Derrick White. If anyone’s writing me up, I’m aware he was there. I wanted him as much as you wanted me to have him. Yes, I’m aware Otto was a reach. Sometimes you do that to have the advantages you want to have, instead of taking what the draft gives you
5/26/2024 7:30 PM
24kpyrite just won the league and has earned the right to grace us all with evals. What some of you may not know is that in a previous life he was a German U-Boat captain.
5/27/2024 12:16 AM
Posted by bds9992 on 5/26/2024 7:30:00 PM (view original):
I would’ve loved to have Derrick White. If anyone’s writing me up, I’m aware he was there. I wanted him as much as you wanted me to have him. Yes, I’m aware Otto was a reach. Sometimes you do that to have the advantages you want to have, instead of taking what the draft gives you
Otto definitely fits your team better than Derrick white.
5/27/2024 9:45 AM
Also think jethro is coming up with a pretty good team.

im happy with my first 4. Lots of EFG and defense at the very least.
5/27/2024 9:48 AM
Well I have elite rebounding and efg, usage is good throughout, I’m hoping Gerald Wallace help the defense average. Need to work on threes but those are easier to find later on. A little bit of buyers remorse on Gerald Wallace
5/27/2024 1:31 PM
RIP Bill Walton
His color commentary on the LA Clippers broadcasts in the 90s/00s was incredible.
5/27/2024 1:43 PM
Posted by dakjd901 on 5/27/2024 1:31:00 PM (view original):
Well I have elite rebounding and efg, usage is good throughout, I’m hoping Gerald Wallace help the defense average. Need to work on threes but those are easier to find later on. A little bit of buyers remorse on Gerald Wallace
Drummond and Sabonis do not have any seasons with enough SF effectiveness to switch with Giannis. So Giannis won’t be able to switch to defend anyone’s high usage big man. Same principle with Gerald Wallace. His PG effective’s is 85-90% so not a good option to defend PG for Mitchell. This is an integral piece to understanding how defensive matchups and switching work. The efg and rebounding is awesome but don’t count on the defense “averaging out”.
5/27/2024 1:45 PM
Posted by dontburnearl on 5/27/2024 1:43:00 PM (view original):
RIP Bill Walton
His color commentary on the LA Clippers broadcasts in the 90s/00s was incredible.
I think we gotta dedicate this season to everyone’s favorite 28 minute center
5/27/2024 2:04 PM
Posted by chewy3344 on 5/27/2024 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dakjd901 on 5/27/2024 1:31:00 PM (view original):
Drummond and Sabonis do not have any seasons with enough SF effectiveness to switch with Giannis. So Giannis won’t be able to switch to defend anyone’s high usage big man. Same principle with Gerald Wallace. His PG effective’s is 85-90% so not a good option to defend PG for Mitchell. This is an integral piece to understanding how defensive matchups and switching work. The efg and rebounding is awesome but don’t count on the defense “averaging out”.
Yeah, it’s very very matchup specific. Someone else’s high usage frontline could cook you even if one of those guys could switch. If Giannis could switch down, you’re giving up points above the mean to a SF like Larry, KD or Barkley. I have my ideas about what you absolutely have to have defensively, but I’ll save them until I can prove it.

(side note: HOW did Barkley and KD end up on the same team? I have Barkley and Kareem in the 47. Listen, I get the appeal of guys who shoot, defend, and are efficient, obviously, but are any of them 6 point guys who rebound and pass like Barkley? The 47 also has a KD/Bird team. I just don’t get Barkley in the 2nd, there has to be a correction there)

(side side note: I feel bad for Magic. His eFG% really doesn’t feel high enough anymore but what about as a building block? Doesn’t he open things up in ways no one else can, especially as a middle of the road 4 pointer? I guess I’ll find out if he’s worth it. I think he is)
5/27/2024 2:54 PM (edited)
Barkley turns it over a lot, isn't great on defense, fouls more than anyone wants, pretty much guarantees his team will have a bad 3pt percentage. He has a lot of really good things as well but all those detractors make it difficult to pick him before the middle of the second round.
5/27/2024 2:58 PM
Yeah, there are definitely guys who went before Barkley wrongly in my view, but I don't really value the 6 usage points in this league. I'm regularly using the extra $$$ to add more overall usage compared to lower cap leagues, so the points are rarely a concern, meaning I'm probably not even using 90-91.

And like, the extent may differ based on which season you use, but his A/T is gonna be bad like steelers mentioned, so you're basically just taking him for the shooting and rebounding. And probably needing to think about a stud defending 4/5 who can switch to the 3 for tough SF matchups, so that's something you have to account for. And wondering if you should have him come off the bench to not totally tank your end game 3-point offense. All considered, I don't think it's that difficult to argue that Wade, or Whiteside, or Embiid are easier to build around, to use some recent examples. Those guys have some holes, but they don't bring as much crap to the table either.
5/27/2024 3:23 PM
Posted by dontburnearl on 5/27/2024 1:43:00 PM (view original):
RIP Bill Walton
just saw this - he was hilarious
5/27/2024 3:28 PM
Posted by raggedclaws on 5/27/2024 3:23:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, there are definitely guys who went before Barkley wrongly in my view, but I don't really value the 6 usage points in this league. I'm regularly using the extra $$$ to add more overall usage compared to lower cap leagues, so the points are rarely a concern, meaning I'm probably not even using 90-91.

And like, the extent may differ based on which season you use, but his A/T is gonna be bad like steelers mentioned, so you're basically just taking him for the shooting and rebounding. And probably needing to think about a stud defending 4/5 who can switch to the 3 for tough SF matchups, so that's something you have to account for. And wondering if you should have him come off the bench to not totally tank your end game 3-point offense. All considered, I don't think it's that difficult to argue that Wade, or Whiteside, or Embiid are easier to build around, to use some recent examples. Those guys have some holes, but they don't bring as much crap to the table either.
Wade over Barkley makes zero sense to me, but that’s just me. Whiteside and Embiid, I understand. 30 DReb% guys are needles in a haystack.

Objectively, he’s one of the five best scorers in the SIM. Even the new seasons can’t approach him at SF for what he gives, including boards and passing. I have 90-91 in the 47M and you can switch him up to the 2 with 40 D. I guess he creates some problems but outside of the 3, everyone does.

Would I take him over MJ? No. Would I take him over Embiid? Yes, but I understand it. Would I take him over Gobert? Seven days a week and twice on Sunday. One of his best qualities is he’s a wing who CAN be switched. You need defenders around him but you were going to do that regardless.
5/27/2024 5:15 PM
12345 Next ▸
The Midge52 Season 85 Rosters & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.