Changes within the last 3111 days...
- 2014-15 player adjustments for the All-Defense team have been made.
- 2014-15 players are now available
- 2013-14 player adjustments for the All-Defense team have been made.
- 2013-14 players are now available
- 2012-13 player adjustments for the All-Defense team have been made.
- Due to some missing player records, the entire season of players for 2000-01 has been updated. Any player records already drafted or in league play will continue to use the data from the time of drafting.
- 2012-13 players are now available
- Re-imported all player records from 2001-02 after being alerted to some missing partial-season records.
- Adjusted 3pt% in the engine for guys with very low attempts and high percentage
- Reduced chances of a making the shot on a 3pt shooting foul.
- Adjusted shot distribution when in 3pt offense to give a small chance to shoot for guys without any 3pt attempts. Would only be noticeable if a team has 4 guys with no 3pt attempts and one guy with just a few.
- 2011-12 player adjustments for the All-Defense team have been made.
- Players on the 2010-11 All-Defensive team have had Def Rating and Salary adjusted.
- Made a change to allow custom salary cap levels (between 20 and 200) for theme leagues. It's no longer necessary to contact support to get a specific salary cap set.
- We've finally released the player update. Details below:
Teams in the draft center have been updated to use the new player records (with updated salaries). Completed teams in leagues that haven't been schedule yet were sent back to the draft center.
- 2009-10 players
- New position effectiveness for all players
- Some corrected positions
- Updated defensive ratings for all players (although you won't notice much difference for most players)
- New salaries for all players, intended to better balance offense and defense
- Improved All-Star team selection logic to create better balance by position.
- Added Sixth Man to the awards listed on the League Leaders.
- 2008-09 teams added to SimMatchup and players added to SimLeagues.
- Waiving injured players is no longer allowed.
- Odds of injury have been adjusted so that as a player gets significantly fatigued his odds of injury increase greatly.
- Removed technical fouls related to players arguing. There will still be technicals assessed if a player exceeds 6 fouls due to no available replacement players.
- Added fatigue status to the popup of eligible players when activating a player from the IL.
- Added a link in the header to recent notices
- Made a change to the SimEngine that should result in fewer cases of players fouling out of games
- Changed the RL/82 column next to the depth chart to Recommended MPG and added an adjusted Recommended MPG. The adjusted value takes into account minutes/games that have already been played.
- Added playoff stats to the player profile
- Added a Playoffs view and Totals view to the League Leaders page
- Added a Playoffs view to the Team Rankings page
- Offensive fouls have been reduced in SimEngine version 2.2.
- Added all the stat views (including advanced) to the Draft Center that were previously available in the league coach's office.
- Offensive rebound percentages for players from the 50's, 60's, and part of the 70's should now be more accurate as we acquired some new team data to replace numbers that were previously estimated.
- Added 2pt%# and 3pt%# to all stats listings for players. These numbers are the normalized shooting percentages for the player assuming he's facing a historically average defensive team.
- Improved assist distribution within the SimEngine. Players that had high Usage% along with high assists should now get their fair share, whereas before they may have been getting less than they should.
- Replaced the offensive range system with a more sophisticated system that breaks down FGAs into Perimeter, Midrange, and Paint percentages.
- Update defensive ratings for all players. Instead of providing a boost to the rating for All-Defensive team players, they now have a "floor" value that they can't drop below. We also changed the distribution of ratings so that there are fewer really good and really bad ratings, but more closer to the average.
- Fixed a bug in the Coach's office which prevented setting defensive positioning for any opponent other than the next one.
- Fixed an issue in the SimEngine where lineups with low possessions were not getting properly penalized.
- The draft search interface has been streamlined and also some of your requests have been added. You'll be able to search by up to 3 teams at a time. Also, you'll now have two new stats views: Per 48 minutes and Advanced. The Advanced view will show you some of the numbers that are used by the SimEngine directly such as Usage%, Reb%, etc. We've also changed how the stat criteria sections work, so now you'll just select up to 9 categories to filter by instead of having every category on the screen.
- Slight tweak to improve Offensive Reb%, Defensive Reb%, Steal%, and Block%
- Improved calculation for a player's possession%, which we're now calling Usage%
- Improved method for generating Defensive Ratings
- Log5 Normalization of FG%, which means that we look at how a player's shooting numbers compare to the league average from his season and adjust sim performance.
- SimLeague teams will now have the depth chart set up automatically when they join a league. This should alleviate fatigue issues from a team accidentally playing a game or two without a depth chart set.
- Added a league realigment tool to allow theme league founders to realign divisions without needing help from WIS Support.
- The basic components of determining a foul are the offensive player's FTA's per possession, the defensive player's fouls per minute, and a composite of the fouls per minute of the other 4 defenders. The weight of the individual defender component has been reduced and the weight of the help defenders has been increased.
When distributing a foul call to a defender, the old logic gave a heavy weight to the man guarding the ball. Now that weight has been reduced.
The overall effect is that players should pick up fouls at a rate closer to real life and less reliant on who they're guarding.
- Added a new coaching option: Defensive Positioning. You may direct your defensive players to focus on the Perimeter, Paint, or somewhere in between. The effects for each opposing offensive player are based on that player's Offensive Range (Paint, Midrange, or Perimeter).
Only leagues starting games on or after 3/20/08 will be able to change this setting from the default setting of Balanced.
- Added new Offensive Range designation for each player that categorizes them as Paint, Midrange, or Perimeter. This is used to determine play-by-play and also is a key component of the new Defensive Positioning setting.
- Double teams are now taken into account by the SimEngine for exhibition leagues.
- Activated "My Team Stats", "Team Rankings", "Injury Report", and "League Leaders" links for exhibition leagues.
- Modified League Leaders to show top 25 by category and also display all categories together.
- In the Draft Center, you can now load historical teams along with SimLeague and Dream teams. For example, you can quickly load the roster from the 98-99 Bulls. It will pull the top 12 players by total minutes played.
- Added a note to drafting teams. It appears on the team center page as well as the draft center (where it can be edited). If you pick a theme league, the theme name will automatically be copied into the note as long as the note hadn't been set before. Also, that note will carry over to your team note when join a league.
- Added a totals line to the Totals view in the Draft Center and also to the Actual Stats - Totals view in the player stats in the team popup.
- Re-added an improved depth chart recommendation feature to the coach's office as well as the draft center. NOTE: no player will be slotted in a position where they're less than 80% effective.
- On the Player Stats popup page, added an opponents' stats line under your team totals.
- Fixed a bug where a player could get 3 points + a foul shot on a breakaway layup.
- Fixed a bug where a player could get 3 points + a foul shot on a tip in.
- Extended the player possession pace penalty to review a player’s average possessions per game. The strength of this penalty in general has not changed, yet this will account for situations in which a short-minute-per-game player (like the 1992-93 Eddie Lee Wilkins) saves up minutes and then attempts to play a full game at full strength.
- Corrected the logic involving offensive fouls. Previously, offensive foul generation was not adequately considering a player’s personal fouls.
- Improved logic for distribution of all stats. The processes of assigning steals, blocks, assists, fouls and free throw attempts were thoroughly reviewed and several minor updates were made.
- Added in-game fatigue. This uses the exact same logic as the previous fatigue formula, but is evaluated at the end of every quarter. This will now be reflected in the boxscore as the percentage value under a player’s name.
- Changed minimum requirements for player draft eligibility to at least 200 minutes. For short seasons, players' minutes are pro-rated to 82 games. There is no longer a minimum on games played.
Please note: Release notes can become stale. Please rely on the product's Rules, FAQ and Player Guide for official details and information.